🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

US Government to Kids: No S'mores Around the Camp Fire

They didn't say in the blog anywhere, NOT to have s'mores the regular ole way, they gave people alternative ideas and recipes IF THEY WANT to use them....and the article was not primarily about s'mores, it was a promotion for Marshmallows and "the camp fire" in the woods, in the FOREST is a common place for the marshmallow experience to take place.

Marshmallow Day was August 30th, (believe it or not)

so this article, which was very well written, gave advice on how far away your camp fire should be from your tent, for safety, and how far away is safe to sit around it for your young children and how long the stick should be that you use to roast marshmallows and all kinds of things like that including alternative ways to use the marshmallow (for Marshmallow Day/ Week) if you wanted to reduce your calorie intake.

This was not Happy Chocolate Day...this was an article surrounding "Marshmallow Appreciation Day"

WHOOP DEE DOO.

Honest to goodness, you guys took the Fox spin and ran with it like there is no tomorrow...

Elections have consequences. Liberals in Washington now want to take s'mores away from kids camping. Fucking ridiculous.
Is nothing sacred Forest Service says drop chocolate add fruit to your s mores Fox News

Is english your second language?

Do you know the difference between suggesting something and taking something from someone?

Do you know the difference between having a smores and not having them? Because the article certainly doesn't say that the forest service is taking smores from people.

Do you know the difference between change of policy or regulation and a BLOG post with a suggestion in it? Do you know the difference between a blog post on the USDA site and actual policy for the Forest Service?

No one is taking anything from campers much less chocolate or somores.

However, I need to thank you for your post. Because of a medication I have to take for breast cancer, chocolate now makes me physically sick. I can't eat it. Their suggestion of a banana instead of the chocolate sounds good and I'll start having smores again.

Elections have consequences. Liberals in Washington now want to take s'mores away from kids camping. Fucking ridiculous.
Is nothing sacred Forest Service says drop chocolate add fruit to your s mores Fox News

Is english your second language?

Do you know the difference between suggesting something and taking something from someone?

Do you know the difference between having a smores and not having them? Because the article certainly doesn't say that the forest service is taking smores from people.

Do you know the difference between change of policy or regulation and a BLOG post with a suggestion in it? Do you know the difference between a blog post on the USDA site and actual policy for the Forest Service?

No one is taking anything from campers much less chocolate or somores.

However, I need to thank you for your post. Because of a medication I have to take for breast cancer, chocolate now makes me physically sick. I can't eat it. Their suggestion of a banana instead of the chocolate sounds good and I'll start having smores again.

This post made me feel all kinds of "fuck yea," pardon my english.

chocolate2.jpg

I used to be a chocoholic and believed that chocolate is it's own food group. My home was never without chocolate.

It took cancer to break my chocolate addiction.

I can't wait to be able to start eating chocolate again. I miss it.

Last edited:
Fox has played you all like a violin....

Now admit it, and move onward!

PS. Read the supporting links in the articles you choose to post/read.... it clarifies things right quick, and prevents the hysteria the culprit, (in this case Fox News, but Liberal leaning sites do it as well), is trying to and proven to induce/produce.

Hi everyone. I just took a look at the OSHA guidelines for using table saws. It doesn't mandate this....but it is suggested that you don't allow your finger to make contact with the blade when it is spinning at 3200 r.p.m.

Damn! That government is always all up in my bidness!

This is REALLY something to cry about, a healthy SUGGESTION when our Country is comprised of absurdly fat fucks.

I suspect if statists weren't in the habit of turning such suggestions into mandates no one would care.

I am going to try this.

I will ask you an honest question based on what you have posted here.

Are you ready?

If a law was proposed that banned s'mores, do you think liberals, in general, would support it?

I'd certainly hope not. But they don't have a great track record and show disturbing enthusiasm for just such idiocy.

Their idea of banana instead of chocolate could be modified for all the chocolate covered banana lovers on this board.

Just put the chocolate on the banana and then the marshmallow. Then the graham cracker. Put it close to the fire while you roast the marshmallow so that the chocolate melts on the banana.

Man that sounds good. You can tell I haven't had chocolate in years. LOL.

Side note though dana, I think cocoa has anti oxidants, how come avoidance due to cancer?

This is REALLY something to cry about, a healthy SUGGESTION when our Country is comprised of absurdly fat fucks.

I suspect if statists weren't in the habit of turning such suggestions into mandates no one would care.

I am going to try this.

Are you ready?

If a law was proposed that banned s'mores, do you think liberals, in general, would support it?

I'd certainly hope not. But they don't have a great track record and show disturbing enthusiasm for just such idiocy.

Yes or no questions........rarely get yes or no answers.

It's about government overreach. Doesn't the fed have better things to do?
Giving sage - voluntary - health advice is not overreach......its common fucking sense in a public position.

The FOREST SERVICE and its employees are not employed, empowered, or enjoined to give ANYONE, ANY fucking advice on what is and what is not healthy.

What's next ? Does the EPA tell me that beer is fattening?

DUH

Their idea of banana instead of chocolate could be modified for all the chocolate covered banana lovers on this board.

Just put the chocolate on the banana and then the marshmallow. Then the graham cracker. Put it close to the fire while you roast the marshmallow so that the chocolate melts on the banana.

Man that sounds good. You can tell I haven't had chocolate in years. LOL.

Hi.

Would this be something you could try?

Carob Chocolate s Safe Alternative

I'm kind of embarrassed for the young generation. Some grossly overweight. Some of us remember JFK jump started America on physical fitness and I think that this led to the jogging and fitness crazes afterward. There were no fitness clubs for the average guy before JFK's coaxing people to stay fit. Not long after, fitness clubs slowly started popping up all over America. Another thing, I never see a young person work around the house. I still mow a couple lawns at age 70 almost, too cheap to pay someone. All the other houses have lawn services while the kids are huddled around some type of electronic media like zombies. I haven't seen a youngster wash a car, windows, or mow a lawn in decades. If it takes the government to try to start a movement towards a healthier life, nothing wrong with that I think.

Last edited:
It's about government overreach. Doesn't the fed have better things to do?
Giving sage - voluntary - health advice is not overreach......its common fucking sense in a public position.

The FOREST SERVICE and its employees are not employed, empowered, or enjoined to give ANYONE, ANY fucking advice on what is and what is not healthy.

What's next ? Does the EPA tell me that beer is fattening?

DUH
You really must care.

A rational person doesnt.

There is nothing at all nefarious about this. Zero. Zilch. Nadda.

They wrote a blog celebrating marshmallow day. Marshmallows are largely consumed In the forest. Good fucking lord get a life.

I'm kind of embarrassed for the young generation. Some grossly overweight. Some of us remember JFK jump started America on physical fitness and I think that this led to the jogging and fitness crazes afterward. There were no fitness clubs for the average guy before JFK's jump starting fitness either. Not long after, they were popping up all over America. Another thing, I never see a young person work around the house. I still mow a couple lawns at age 70 almost, too cheap to pay someone. All the other houses have lawn services while the kids are huddled around some type of electronic media like zombies. I haven't seen a youngster wash a car, windows, or mow a line in decades. If it takes the government to try to start a movement towards a healthier life, nothing wrong with that I think.

You ought to pay us a visit. Kids work around this house.

I am going to try this.

Are you ready?

Well, let me clarify, YES! Some definitely would.

I am going to try this.

Are you ready?

Well, let me clarify, YES! Some definitely would.

Some? What percentage? Anyone you can name? Maybe someone we can ask?

Forum List

Back