🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

US Government to Kids: No S'mores Around the Camp Fire

I'm kind of embarrassed for the young generation. Some grossly overweight. Some of us remember JFK jump started America on physical fitness and I think that this led to the jogging and fitness crazes afterward. There were no fitness clubs for the average guy before JFK's jump starting fitness either. Not long after, they were popping up all over America. Another thing, I never see a young person work around the house. I still mow a couple lawns at age 70 almost, too cheap to pay someone. All the other houses have lawn services while the kids are huddled around some type of electronic media like zombies. I haven't seen a youngster wash a car, windows, or mow a line in decades. If it takes the government to try to start a movement towards a healthier life, nothing wrong with that I think.

this is a great post, but there is a deeper issue here.

is it wrong to strive for maximum enjoyment if youre a nihilist and dont believe in an afterlife? Being slovenly isnt for me and all, but.ancient kings layed around getting fanned and grapes fed to them.

A great and pain staking philosophical discussion. Work. Hard work. Quality of life. All that, the balance, the implications, the detachment a career driven persona has from their family.....etc

This is REALLY something to cry about, a healthy SUGGESTION when our Country is comprised of absurdly fat fucks.

I suspect if statists weren't in the habit of turning such suggestions into mandates no one would care.

I am going to try this.

I will ask you an honest question based on what you have posted here.

Are you ready?

If a law was proposed that banned s'mores, do you think liberals, in general, would support it?

I'd certainly hope not. But they don't have a great track record and show disturbing enthusiasm for just such idiocy.

Yes or no questions........rarely get yes or no answers.

Well, let me clarify, YES! Some definitely would.

Some? What percentage? Anyone you can name? Maybe someone we can ask?

I'm not sure. Are you confident none would?

Ten years ago, I'd have bet money that no liberals would have supported a law forcing us to buy health insurance from the very corporations that had been raping us for years. Yet, here were are. Some of these fuckers never met a law they didn't like and will never speak out against overbearing government if they think it's "for a good cause".

This is REALLY something to cry about, a healthy SUGGESTION when our Country is comprised of absurdly fat fucks.

I suspect if statists weren't in the habit of turning such suggestions into mandates no one would care.

I am going to try this.

Are you ready?

If a law was proposed that banned s'mores, do you think liberals, in general, would support it?

I'd certainly hope not. But they don't have a great track record and show disturbing enthusiasm for just such idiocy.

Ten years ago, I'd have bet money that no liberals would have supported a law forcing us to by health insurance from the very corporations that had been raping us for years. Yet, here were are. Some of these fuckers never met a law they didn't like and will never speak out against overbearing government if they think it's "for a good cause".
Conversely, its rare someone on the right side would admit and address a corporation raping people. Partisanship and picking a side is the antithesis of intelligence.

It's about government overreach. Doesn't the fed have better things to do?
Giving sage - voluntary - health advice is not overreach......its common fucking sense in a public position.

The FOREST SERVICE and its employees are not employed, empowered, or enjoined to give ANYONE, ANY fucking advice on what is and what is not healthy.

What's next ? Does the EPA tell me that beer is fattening?

DUH

It was Marshmallow Day/Week, beginning August 30th, this was in celebration of the Marshmallow, a BLOG was written with some very good camp fire advice, when in and out of the forest, and a link to Smokey the Bear, including how long the marshmallow roasting stick should be, along with some other delicious ways to celebrate the roasted Marshmallow that had fewer calories, if you were interested in it....not just the s'mores with fruit, but some other delectable treats such as dipping your fruit (or chocolate if you wish) in to a marshmallow dip, and then roasting that marshmallow dip and fruit over the fire....some great ideas, truly.

Read the blog, it was not banning the s'mores.....only giving alternative ways to use the marshmallow, in celebration of it being Marshmallow appreciation week....that have the benefit of less calories.

People are too high strung around here and are getting their political panties in a wad, for nothing, in my humble opinion.

I am going to try this.

Are you ready?

Ten years ago, I'd have bet money that no liberals would have supported a law forcing us to by health insurance from the very corporations that had been raping us for years. Yet, here were are. Some of these fuckers never met a law they didn't like and will never speak out against overbearing government if they think it's "for a good cause".

None? That's a pretty strict bar. There might be a health nut or a person with some agenda who would support it. But the idea that liberals IN GENERAL want the government telling them what to do...eat..smoke...who to fuck or marry.......is a lame nutter construct.

As far as the ACA goes...liberals don't support buying insurance from health insurance companies.....but we COMPROMISED and adopted a conservative plan because it could PASS. We want single payer....Medicare for all and the profit motive removed from health care.

NEXT.

As far as the ACA goes...liberals don't support buying insurance from health insurance companies.....but we COMPROMISED and adopted a conservative plan because it could PASS. We want single payer....Medicare for all and the profit motive removed from health care.

Well, maybe you haven't noticed, but Republicans are pretty much all opposed to the mandate these days. If Democrats really don't support the mandate, as you're suggesting, they could easily strip it from the law. But the aren't even trying. So I guess you're just full of shit.

Overall health/weightloss, to toot my own horn as a trainer-on-the-side, in order of importance is 75% diet 25% exercise. Of course, fluctuating metabolisms change that so its generally speaking.

^ This. Too bad I can't rep you for that, G.

Well, maybe you haven't noticed, but Republicans are pretty much all opposed to the mandate these days. If Democrats really don't support the mandate, as you're suggesting, they could easily strip it from the law. But the aren't even trying. So I guess you're just full of shit.

Nope. Can't. The mandate is needed under this plan. It isn't needed if we move to single payer. You cool with that?

BTW.....if Obama came out against the mandate tomorrow....your heroes would suddenly be for it again. Personal responsibility and all that jazz.

Nope. Can't. The mandate is needed under this plan. It isn't needed if we move to single payer. You cool with that?

No, I'm not 'cool' with duplicity and equivocation. Democrats can't support the mandate and claim to be against it at the same time. That's bullshit.

What you're dancing around is the fact that statist liberals are more than willing to force their idea of 'good judgement' on people via government, whether it's our diets or how we finance our health care. They simply can't confine themselves to the edict 'mind your own business'.

Offering sage advice in a public position is not not minding your own business.

We already went over that.

Calling peoples personal names out and offering advice? Now THATS being in someones business.

Its not rocket science.

Dont be the boy who cried wolf.

The healthcare system sucks. BOTH parties' fault. The dems dropped their ideals and made POLITICALLY calculated concessions and adopted a heritage foundation scripted plan that throws money at big business, whoring away their own ideals while conservatives who concocted the plan acted like it was tyranny and theyd never heard of such a thing.

Seriously, if youre a grown fucking rational adult and always shill for one of these sides over the other? YOURE the plague.

No, I'm not 'cool' with duplicity and equivocation. Democrats can't support the mandate and claim to be against it at the same time. That's bullshit.

What you're dancing around is the fact that statist liberals are more than willing to force their idea of 'good judgement' on people via government, whether it's our diets or how we finance our health care. They simply can't confine themselves to the edict 'mind your own business'.

Bullshit. You are trying hard. I'll give you that.

I'm not a Democrat. I don't speak for them. I'm a liberal. I can tell you that I love being left alone. But I am not fucking anyone over. If I do....I'd expect the government to correct my actions.

The commons ought to finance health care. It is a burden on businesses that shouldn't be there.

When conservatives are willing to let me sit naked on my front porch....smoking a big fat joint....while listening to Howard interview a pair of naked lesbians...and cooking a brat over a burning US flag in my fucking hibachi.....I'll entertain a discussion about minding your own business.

I'm not a Democrat. I don't speak for them. I'm a liberal. I can tell you that I love being left alone. But I am not fucking anyone over. If I do....I'd expect the government to correct my actions.

The commons ought to finance health care. It is a burden on businesses that shouldn't be there.

When conservatives are willing to let me sit naked on my front porch....smoking a big fat joint....while listening to Howard interview a pair of naked lesbians...and cooking a brat over a burning US flag in my fucking hibachi.....I'll entertain a discussion about minding your own business.

But not until? Guess that makes you no better than them. Congrats.

With the exception of having to see your naked ass from the road as I drive by I don't give a shit if you do the rest.

Side note though dana, I think cocoa has anti oxidants, how come avoidance due to cancer?

The medication I have to take to prevent the breast cancer from returning and killing me causes just about everything I put in my mouth to make my physically sick. Chocolate is one of the worst. I won't get more graphic than that for all those who have weak stomach.

So I had to give up chocolate in 2011. I have my designated chocolate eaters. My daughter, mom and friends will eat chocolate for me and tell me how good it tastes. That's the closest I can get to eating chocolate for a long time.

Their idea of banana instead of chocolate could be modified for all the chocolate covered banana lovers on this board.

Just put the chocolate on the banana and then the marshmallow. Then the graham cracker. Put it close to the fire while you roast the marshmallow so that the chocolate melts on the banana.

Man that sounds good. You can tell I haven't had chocolate in years. LOL.

Hi.

Would this be something you could try?

Carob Chocolate s Safe Alternative

Thank you very much LoneLaughter.

That looks good. I don't know if it will make me as sick as chocolate does but I'm gonna give it a try!

Side note though dana, I think cocoa has anti oxidants, how come avoidance due to cancer?

The medication I have to take to prevent the breast cancer from returning and killing me causes just about everything I put in my mouth to make my physically sick. Chocolate is one of the worst. I won't get more graphic than that for all those who have weak stomach.

So I had to give up chocolate in 2011. I have my designated chocolate eaters. My daughter, mom and friends will eat chocolate for me and tell me how good it tastes. That's the closest I can get to eating chocolate for a long time.
I hope you get through it top end and 110%.

My mother in law was given 3 mos to live with pancreatic cancer and she switched to a paleo type diet and lasted 3 1/2 more YEARS, then, when chemo made her just NOT WANT any food, she lost all those nutrients that were actively fighting the cancer and the rest is history.

The FOREST SERVICE and its employees are not employed, empowered, or enjoined to give ANYONE, ANY fucking advice on what is and what is not healthy.

What's next ? Does the EPA tell me that beer is fattening?

DUH

Yeah, such advice is dangerous in the wrong (government) hands! Grrrrrrr, grumble, mumble, grrrrrrrrr.

My campfire can burn my unattended child? You're not the Surgeon General, Mr. Forest Service Man!!!!!

My mother in law was given 3 mos to live with pancreatic cancer and she switched to a paleo type diet and lasted 3 1/2 more YEARS, then, when chemo made her just NOT WANT any food, she lost all those nutrients that were actively fighting the cancer and the rest is history.

Thank you very much GT.

I'm trying my best to be the first in my family to beat breast cancer. Four before me tried and lost.

The type I had was fed by my body's hormones so it always comes back and kills. Which is why it was one of the most deadly because until recently, there was really no way to block the hormones. Now there is a way. However it's not easy. I look at it this way, I can either be sick all the time or be dead. I'll take being sick. LOL.

I've come farther than those four in my family before me. I'll be at that magic 5 year mark on Wednesday January 13th, 2016. I'm going to have a HUGE party on that following Friday that will last until Monday. LOL.

As I said to my doctor when he told me I had cancer, cancer picked the wrong body to invade.

Thank you very much GT.

I'm trying my best to be the first in my family to beat breast cancer. Four before me tried and lost.

The type I had was fed by my body's hormones so it always comes back and kills. Which is why it was one of the most deadly because until recently, there was really no way to block the hormones. Now there is a way. However it's not easy. I look at it this way, I can either be sick all the time or be dead. I'll take being sick. LOL.

I've come farther than those four in my family before me. I'll be at that magic 5 year mark on Wednesday January 13th, 2016. I'm going to have a HUGE party on that following Friday that will last until Monday. LOL.

As I said to my doctor when he told me I had cancer, cancer picked the wrong body to invade.
If or when I get cancer, and I have a slight nutritional background, I will overdose my body on a daily basis with cardio, broccoli, blueberries, green tea extract, spinach, asparagus.

I already kind of do, but damn it the feeling of facing mortality is the biggest driving force ever in leading a focused life.

You are a hero. Every day, you are reminded of your mortality yet you persevere. That is nothing short of roman gladiator warrior status, and the sun is always on you. Absorb that shit.

I am going to try this.

Are you ready?

Ten years ago, I'd have bet money that no liberals would have supported a law forcing us to buy health insurance from the very corporations that had been raping us for years. Yet, here were are. Some of these fuckers never met a law they didn't like and will never speak out against overbearing government if they think it's "for a good cause".

Have to admit it, you're right. Mandatory buying for profit insurance courtesy of Obama, the supposed liberal. Clinton gave us Nafta after bad mouthing it as a candidate. Not much choice in candidates since wall street, banks and major corporations get to choose who gets a chance at.the white house.
I'm kind of embarrassed for the young generation. Some grossly overweight. Some of us remember JFK jump started America on physical fitness and I think that this led to the jogging and fitness crazes afterward. There were no fitness clubs for the average guy before JFK's jump starting fitness either. Not long after, they were popping up all over America. Another thing, I never see a young person work around the house. I still mow a couple lawns at age 70 almost, too cheap to pay someone. All the other houses have lawn services while the kids are huddled around some type of electronic media like zombies. I haven't seen a youngster wash a car, windows, or mow a line in decades. If it takes the government to try to start a movement towards a healthier life, nothing wrong with that I think.

this is a great post, but there is a deeper issue here.

is it wrong to strive for maximum enjoyment if youre a nihilist and dont believe in an afterlife? Being slovenly isnt for me and all, but.ancient kings layed around getting fanned and grapes fed to them.

A great and pain staking philosophical discussion. Work. Hard work. Quality of life. All that, the balance, the implications, the detachment a career driven persona has from their family.....etc

I agree with you. But I was just saying a president or other popular public figure could sway people to go in a certain direction. Maybe even lean on food producers to put healthier ingredients in food. I didn't realize how overweight Americans were till I spent time in South America, mostly Peru, then returned to USA. What big portions we eat. I had forgotten. But still, people should be allowed to make their own choices and lifestyle, how much to eat, exercise etc. It's their choice in the final analysis.

Forum List

Back