US gun culture is 'corrupting the world,' Australia ex-deputy PM says after slaying

No doubt the NRA & Rush Limbaugh will slam this.

US gun culture is 'corrupting the world,' Australia ex-deputy PM says after Okla. slaying - U.S. News

MELBOURNE, Australia -- Furious at the killing of an Australian college baseball player in Oklahoma, a senior figure in the victim's home country blamed the “gun culture” of United States for the death, saying it was “corrupting the world."
I guess it's too much to ask that he blame the people who actually committed the murder, huh?

No time for that, I suppose. There's a dead body to stand on and preach from.

US gun culture is 'corrupting the world,' Australia ex-deputy PM says after Okla. slaying - U.S. News

MELBOURNE, Australia -- Furious at the killing of an Australian college baseball player in Oklahoma, a senior figure in the victim's home country blamed the “gun culture” of United States for the death, saying it was “corrupting the world."
I guess it's too much to ask that he blame the people who actually committed the murder, huh?

The people he blamed were the product of a 'gun culture' society. That's all. He's right on!

The people he blamed were the product of a 'gun culture' society. That's all. He's right on!

He didn't blame people at all.

Hope he didn't get any blood on his shoes.

He didn't blame people at all.

Hope he didn't get any blood on his shoes.

True. He blamed the “gun culture” of United States for the death, saying it was “corrupting the world."

Of course... guns don't kill people, “gun culture” of United States is what kills people" is what he meant. Sorry.

Here's an idea.

Let's send Australia a contingent of our black thugs, keep guns away from them and see what happens!

Call it a social experiment.

I would like to know why America has so many black thugs, and we don't have many at all.

Maybe its the guns?

Gun deaths in the US will soon pass auto deaths in number. 32,000 gun deaths here a year. But that is just all right with our Gun Nuts.

Not all right with the majority of Americans, and with a few more outrageous crimes committed by those with absolutely free access to guns, you will see more gun control laws than you thought possible. And the NRA will be regarded with the same disdain as the KKK.

You are absolutely correct, guns must be taken away before the American sheeple go to the FEMA camps, imagine what would happen if the sheeple were armed when the children are separated as in this video:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-OpC6tnJ9c"]Separation for safety[/ame]
The amount of guards that would be shot & killed would be unacceptable.

If these boys didn't have easy access to a gun, how would they have shot our Australian boy?

If these boys didn't have easy access to a gun, how would they have shot our Australian boy?
They had a car, they could have run him over. They could have used bats, etc etc...

As I understand it firearms are pretty much illegal in Australia, yet two whites murdered an Indian with a firearm. I suggest the Australians worry about their own problems.

That's all you have? one murder in Australia vs 32,000 gun deaths in the US?

Pathetic, but thank you for that lopsided stat.

there are not 32000 murders in the US, but then you know that.

As well as the rest of US that prize Liberty AND the Constitution that recognizes OUR GOD GIVEN RIGHTS that Australia doesn't have...

*IDIOT*

As I understand it firearms are pretty much illegal in Australia, yet two whites murdered an Indian with a firearm. I suggest the Australians worry about their own problems.

That's all you have? one murder in Australia vs 32,000 gun deaths in the US?

Pathetic, but thank you for that lopsided stat.

there are not 32000 murders in the US, but then you know that.

Maybe not 32000 murders but certainly 32000 gun related deaths for sure.

Teen charged, second sought in beating death of WWII vet, 88, in Spokane, Wash. - U.S. News

They didn't need a gun to kill this 88 year old vet., but the left will down play this because 1. It was black on white crime. 2. No gun was involved.

It certainly doesn't fit their agenda.

It sure fits your racist agenda, doesn't it?

No, it is a culture that is out of control. It is getting worse, look at Chicago and all the black on black murders. Pull your head out and look around, then lets talk of ways to fix the problem. We don't need more victims, we need solutions but the left wants none of that.

Here's an idea.

Let's send Australia a contingent of our black thugs, keep guns away from them and see what happens!

I would like to know why America has so many black thugs, and we don't have many at all.

Maybe its the guns?

We have a culture that has devalued the family, fathers re not needed, work is not a necessity. You get knocked up and government will take care of you. There are so many factors that cause this violent society. Thugs will find a way to bully and kill, they don't need weapons, they are smart enough to use their hands and other objects if need be. We have people that put more value on material items than human lives. If you don't want a kid, who the hell cares, abort the bastard. You want a pair of shoes, kill the bastard. We are losing the value of life, the perps have more rights than the victims. Hollywood glorifies violence, the music loves violence. It has more to do with people than a weapon.

Here's an idea.

Maybe its the guns?

We have a culture that has devalued the family, fathers re not needed, work is not a necessity. You get knocked up and government will take care of you. There are so many factors that cause this violent society. Thugs will find a way to bully and kill, they don't need weapons, they are smart enough to use their hands and other objects if need be. We have people that put more value on material items than human lives. If you don't want a kid, who the hell cares, abort the bastard. You want a pair of shoes, kill the bastard. We are losing the value of life, the perps have more rights than the victims. Hollywood glorifies violence, the music loves violence. It has more to do with people than a weapon.

Okay, let's just take, for example, the UK. In the UK, abortion is legal and yet they don't have a worldwide reputation for having a 'violent gun culture.' In the UK, single women get pregnant and have children and the welfare system takes care of them, just like in the US, yet the UK is not known for having a 'violent gun culture.' The British are just as materialistic as Americans. In fact, everything is the same in the UK, everything you mention here, except guns, the availablity of guns. The only difference is the availability of guns.

So, you are blaming everything but guns on the problems in the US; whereas, other countries have the same problems and the same circumstances and are not violent societies with worldwide reputations for being 'violent gun culture.'

Hmmmmm......could it be the gun afterall????? Duh.

Maybe its the guns?

Okay, let's just take, for example, the UK. In the UK, abortion is legal and yet they don't have a worldwide reputation for having a 'violent gun culture.' In the UK, single women get pregnant and have children and the welfare system takes care of them, just like in the US, yet the UK is not known for having a 'violent gun culture.' The British are just as materialistic as Americans. In fact, everything is the same in the UK, everything you mention here, except guns, the availablity of guns. The only difference is the availability of guns.

So, you are blaming everything but guns on the problems in the US; whereas, other countries have the same problems and the same circumstances and are not violent societies with worldwide reputations for being 'violent gun culture.'

The culture in the UK is not the same. Nice try though.

The culture in the UK is not the same. Nice try though.

I've spent a great deal of time in the UK, have you? All of the things you mention as being cultural problems in the US: abortions, single women on welfare, the break up of families, etc., all of those things are the same in the UK. So your points, which I addressed, do not support the contention that it is those things that are the problem in America. The only thing that is different in the UK, based on your own premise, is guns. It is the guns, not abortion, not the welfare system, not the break down of the family, not being a secular society, etc., that is making the US a 'violent gun culture.'

Forum List

Back