US Hate preacher gets another gig cancelled

Franklin has no excuse for his hate
What "hate"?

We are under attack by Muslims at home and abroad. We should stop all immigration of Muslims to the U.S. until this threat with Islam has been settled. Every Muslim that comes into this country has the potential to be radicalizedā€”and they do their killing to honor their religion and Muhammad. During World War 2, we didnā€™t allow Japanese to immigrate to America, nor did we allow Germans. Why are we allowing Muslims now?

What would Jesus do?
When Jesus returns, people will be moved back to their natural boundaries

That's what Jesus WILL do

Jesus knew no boundaries.

Franklin Graham: the apple that fell far from the tree ā€“ Baptist News Global

ā€œI canā€™t support the Graham crusade. For years now, he has twisted the gospel I love into an endorsement of extreme policies that hurt immigrants, Muslims, the LGBGTQ community, and poor and low-income neighbors.ā€

Baptist minister Mark Wingfield noted in a 2017 column for Baptist News Global that ā€œthe son of Americaā€™s most famous evangelist last week rushed to the defense of Donald Trump, saying the presidentā€™s hardline ban on immigration was just fine because it is ā€˜not a biblical issue.ā€™ā€ Like Wingfield, I find Grahamā€™s xenophobic rhetoric to be either uninformed or blatantly false in light of explicit biblical admonitions such as Zechariah 19:34: ā€œYou shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.ā€

ā€”ā€”ā€”-

wow. From the Baptist, the crucifixion of Franklin Graham. or should I say a total expose.
There is a schism in the devout Christians. One side believes and follows the Bible, and the other side believes and follows Donald Trump.

I bet this wouldn't have happened to his dad. Think maybe there is a reason?
And I bet you have no special insights into the mind of the now deceased Billy Graham and it's a cheap
cowardly way to insinuate your own opinion on this issue and pretend otherwise.

I am a Christian. Franklin and I have very little in common.
Lot's of people disagree with Graham.
Is that the new progressive standard? I don't agree with you therefore you should shut up and go away?
(that's rhetorical...it IS the the progressive standard)

This is not necessarily a case of "hate." Some speech is intended to incite people to do evil things to others. graham's attacks on LGBTQs, Muslims, and others raise the question of what impact his appearances might have on the communities involved. The venues are private, and his speech may go against the venue operators' beliefs. Moreover, local city councils, religious leaders, business leaders, and private citizens have let their feelings known about him.

And I bet you have no special insights into the mind of the now deceased Billy Graham and it's a cheap

I am a Christian. Franklin and I have very little in common.
Lot's of people disagree with Graham.
Is that the new progressive standard? I don't agree with you therefore you should shut up and go away?
Itā€™s not whether you disagree with Graham, itā€™s whether you disagree with his hatred of minorities and the poor and gay people.

What "hate"?

We are under attack by Muslims at home and abroad. We should stop all immigration of Muslims to the U.S. until this threat with Islam has been settled. Every Muslim that comes into this country has the potential to be radicalizedā€”and they do their killing to honor their religion and Muhammad. During World War 2, we didnā€™t allow Japanese to immigrate to America, nor did we allow Germans. Why are we allowing Muslims now?

What would Jesus do?

Jesus had rules though.

Billy was a great guy. Not that it's relevant but my buddy caddied for him one day. If I recall he gave a decent tip. Billy warned against doing the very thing Franklin is doing. He was burned by Nixon but learned from it and never did it again.

I am a Christian. Franklin and I have very little in common.Lot's of people disagree with Graham.

I'm pretty sure I never called for him to shut up. I'm noting he is unable to do what he is supposedly called to do because he has allowed politics to poison his message.

Jesus never turned away anyone.

I supported the right of the people to leave the EU if they wish.

Some seem to not support the right of a venue to not rent it out to those they don't wish to rent it.
Nobody questions the right to not make you venue available to Graham after agreeing to do so.
Why do you keep bringing up this disingenuous stance?

And I have the right to call these venues cowardly and anti freedom of thought and speech. What changed about Franklin Graham's message between the time venues agreed to host him and after that? Nothing!

What "hate"?

What would Jesus do?

Jesus had rules though.

None of them were in proselytizing for anyone's politics. Especially politics that call for exclusion.

What "hate"?

What would Jesus do?

Jesus had rules though.
And he said nothing about gay people ever. But he did approve of slavery.
And thatā€™s one of the reasons so many people donā€™t disapprove of slavery. Because of Jesus approval.

Billy was a great guy. Not that it's relevant but my buddy caddied for him one day. If I recall he gave a decent tip. Billy warned against doing the very thing Franklin is doing. He was burned by Nixon but learned from it and never did it again.
So you have nothing to prove you are not bullshitting but a golf anecdote? Impressive!
I'm pretty sure I never called for him to shut up. I'm noting he is unable to do what he is supposedly called to do because he has allowed politics to poison his message.
Franklin Graham? Politics? Is that what you call his fundamentalist foundational beliefs?
You are the one injecting politics into this matter, hypocrite and liar!

Jesus never turned away anyone.
But these cowardly venues have.

I am a Christian. Franklin and I have very little in common
How do you know you are a Christian.

There is an absolute biblical definition of a Christian. Can you cite it?

Yes,

For God so loved the world that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have ever lasting life.

John 3:16

All of the venues graham booked for his tour in England have canceled on him. One had a petition written up and signed to prevent him from speaking at one venue.

I believe in free speech. However this isn't the US and these are privately owned venues so the owners have the right to pick and choose who speaks in their venues. They should show some support for freedom of speech but like I stated, this isn't the US.

graham says they will find new venues for him to speak.

I don't agree with anything graham says or does.

Evangelist preacher Franklin Graham planned a seven-city UK tour. All seven venues have dropped him

it takes a lot of hate to stop someone else from voicing their views,,,
I dunno, progressive hunter. I've never listened to Franklin Graham's sermons, but to get that kind of reaction anywhere sounds like maybe he's doing some hating himself?

And he said nothing about gay people ever. But he did approve of slavery.
And thatā€™s one of the reasons so many people donā€™t disapprove of slavery. Because of Jesus approval.
The slavery of the bible was nothing like our modern notion of it but you are profoundly ignorant and a fool so
how could you possibly know that?

All of the venues graham booked for his tour in England have canceled on him. One had a petition written up and signed to prevent him from speaking at one venue.

I believe in free speech. However this isn't the US and these are privately owned venues so the owners have the right to pick and choose who speaks in their venues. They should show some support for freedom of speech but like I stated, this isn't the US.

graham says they will find new venues for him to speak.

I don't agree with anything graham says or does.

Evangelist preacher Franklin Graham planned a seven-city UK tour. All seven venues have dropped him

it takes a lot of hate to stop someone else from voicing their views,,,
I dunno, progressive hunter. I've never listened to Franklin Graham's sermons, but to get that kind of reaction anywhere sounds like maybe he's doing some hating himself?

neither have I,,but their action does make them fascist haters,,

Like so many leftists today you conflate disagreement with your dogma with "hate".
That is the alpha and omega of leftist thinking now days.

Forum List

Back