US high school allows Muslims time for prayer if they earn good grades

Go build a church in the ME and see what happens. Make sure you take out a good insurance policy for your family because you won't be coming back. Now, drive through Ohio and Michigan as I did last week and count the number of mosques and how no Muslims were killed when they erected these buildings.

what is ME ??

Middle East.

Yes Middle East ,,

But the Churches have been already built in the Middle East and nothing bad happened !
see this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East_Council_of_Churches

and see this picture:

akhbaralarab.net/images/stories/cities/orthodox%20church%20and%20hariri%20mosque.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just telling you what Jesus said. Take it up with him. Proselytize in public, pray in private.

Praying in schools is allowed, proselytizing is not. If a school wanted to accommodate Christians by giving them a private place to pray, as is required by their religion, I'd have no problem with that. Would you?

Ok, how about this. lets say that 60% of the kids in a school are Christians, 20% are jews, and 20% are muslims. Would you be OK with a Christian prayer to start the day on 3 days, a jewish prayer on 1 day and a muslim prayer on 1 day?

proportional equality-------any problem with that?

Yes. That would not be Constitutional.

What the school could do is have a comparative religion class that examines each of these religions individually and equally. A great curriculum would look at religions beyond those represented at the school.

Another thing they could do is have equal time allocated to each student to personally respect their religion as required by the tenets of their faith.

When do they install the Peyote Lounge for Native American students?

US high school allows Muslims time for prayer if they earn good grades ? RT USA

yet , they ban kids from Christian prayer . tell them to a moment of silence instead..

it should be uniform and not based on grades

Uniform as in every single student being excused from classes for any reason, even if all the want to do is go outside and smoke. If they don't do that then no one gets out of class for any reason other than an emergency.

I absolutely agree that grades should not be a factor.

yet , they ban kids from Christian prayer . tell them to a moment of silence instead..

Where's the part where the Christians have been denied the right to pray?

Better question, where is the part where atheists have been allowed a chance to leave the classroom for an equal amount of time.

As the saying goes, atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby.

Any public school must accommodate religious needs, just not endorse them.

There is no issue here.

Public schools have to allow children to leave the classroom because their religion esquires it? When did that start? Why doesn't it apply to students with bad grades?

You screwed the pooch big time here Jake, come back and pretend you always supported equal treatment under the law by demanding that schools stop giving some groups special treatment if they earn it.

The school is attempting to accommodate the requirements of their religious faith. Christians could do the same thing, you know. Jesus asks that you pray privately, behind closed doors. Ask for a prayer room to accommodate the tenants of your faith.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. Matthew 6:6

Stupid bitch.

Now that I have your attention, why are you reflexively defending the schools when they are 100% wrong?

If the school was attempting to accommodate a religious faith they would not base it upon grades. They would also require that students do the required classroom work they miss for the prayer the same way they do when Jehovah's Witnesses do when they take time off of school to attend a convention.

If they were actually being fair they would allow every single student, even the non religious ones with bad grades, to walk out of class.

Last edited:

Muslims need to pray 5 times a day regardless of their level of education
Christians , on the other hand need to pray just once a week in Sundays, in their weekend , not during school time

Plus, many Islamic countries respect Christianity by allowing them to build Churches so that they can pray as much as they can FREELY whatever their grades are !

(P)ray without ceasing...

1 Thessalonians 5:17

Where's the part where the Christians have been denied the right to pray?

where's the part where time is set aside five times a day? Won't find it. Christians have to utter silent prayer and no one can know they're praying on school property. fucktard.

You should pray that your cats don't get food poisoning eating your decomposing corpse some day.

Where is your evidence of what you're claiming.

Praying and proselytizing are not the same thing...

proselytize "to encourage or induce people to join a religious movement, political party or other cause or organization; To convert (someone)

One is allowed in school, the other is not.

According to your defense of the school, it is required to allow people to practice their religion. Christians, and Muslims, are required by their religion to preach and proselytize, even in school.

Praying and proselytizing are not the same thing...

proselytize "to encourage or induce people to join a religious movement, political party or other cause or organization; To convert (someone)

One is allowed in school, the other is not.

private, silent prayer is OK for Christians, i.e. as long as no one knows you are doing it. But no open prayer to start the day, no pledge of allegiance, but a prayer room and time for muslims???????????????? have we totally lost our mind with this "don't offend any muslims" bullshit?

I'm just telling you what Jesus said. Take it up with him. Proselytize in public, pray in private.

Praying in schools is allowed, proselytizing is not. If a school wanted to accommodate Christians by giving them a private place to pray, as is required by their religion, I'd have no problem with that. Would you?

Except that what he actually said was do not pray to be seen praying.

Any public school must accommodate religious needs, just not endorse them.

There is no issue here.

Public schools have to allow children to leave the classroom because their religion esquires it? When did that start? Why doesn't it apply to students with bad grades?

You screwed the pooch big time here Jake, come back and pretend you always supported equal treatment under the law by demanding that schools stop giving some groups special treatment if they earn it.

I earned a whole half day off every day of my last semester of high school because of all the credits I already had.

The question would be, if the school isn't required to give prayer time at ALL,

can they choose to make it a merit based privilege?

I'm now undecided.

In Texas any child can pray any time as long as (1) he does not disrupt his neighbor and (2) does not disrupt the educational process.

Muslims have to place a rug on the floor oriented toward Mecca, and pray aloud. I guess that means that you don't want them praying in school.

Some of our fellow Christians are misquoting scripture and substituting their own religious beliefs for it, which is fine, because we all do it at one time or another

The fact is: anyone can pray any time in public school as long as the educational process is not disturbed and the other people are not bothered or coerced by it.

When I was school board president, I had a friend, a school teacher, come to me because a girl would go to her seat at the beginning of class, bow her head, apparently pray silently for a few seconds, then look up and be ready to join the class.

He did not like that. I told him it was her right to do so and not his right to prevent it. End of that story.

In America, we tolerate and try not to coerce others in matters religious in the public forum.

It isn't enough for you to be a fake Republican anymore?

By the way, this thread is about allowing some students to leave the classroom to pray, but only if their grades are acceptable. Want to tell me what you would have said to that if you were a really the member of a school board and not an imaginary Republican?

The school is attempting to accommodate the requirements of their religious faith. Christians could do the same thing, you know. Jesus asks that you pray privately, behind closed doors. Ask for a prayer room to accommodate the tenants of your faith.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. Matthew 6:6

The government DOES accommodate Christians. When was the last time a public school district had school in session on Sunday? Anyone?

I thought that was because teachers unions demand two days off every week.

Forum List

Back