US is worse off now than it was a year ago

There's a difference between thinking we're worse off, and actually being worse off.
A lot of metrics say we're better off, while it's social media saying the opposite.
I can't imaging what "metrics" (Dems just asserting it, presumably) could possibly say such a thing with shortages, inflation, still have the virus surging because the vaccine doesn't work, oppressive mandates everywhere but nothing stops the virus, illegals flooding in by the thousands and tens of thousands on the Southern border, we lost the war in Afghanistan shamefully, China is eating our lunch, no one on the right can trust the elections anymore, the left is doing weird and cruel racist indoctrination of children in public schools, police are quitting by the hundreds and violent crime has radically increased ----------

Yeah! We're worse off!

Glad to hear that you have no inflation in your area, Bart
Gas and natural gas is the same price as before? Well, good for you, you are in a very select area.
I paid $2.79 last night it is not as though gasoline keeps a steady price over time. As far as natural gas all I have is what I fart because I use wood to heat the home.

I can't imaging what "metrics" (Dems just asserting it, presumably) could possibly say such a thing with shortages, inflation, still have the virus surging because the vaccine doesn't work, oppressive mandates everywhere but nothing stops the virus, illegals flooding in by the thousands and tens of thousands on the Southern border, we lost the war in Afghanistan shamefully, China is eating our lunch, no one on the right can trust the elections anymore, the left is doing weird and cruel racist indoctrination of children in public schools, police are quitting by the hundreds and violent crime has radically increased ----------

Yeah! We're worse off!

Unemployment October 2020 was 6.9%
Today it's 4.8%

That's one of the usual metrics we measure the economy by.

56% of independents reporting that they believe the country is worse off today than it was a year ago, according to the most recent Quinnipiac poll.

View attachment 556603

I am not sure how much worse it can get then again winter is coming and who knows what rising oil/gas prices will do and supply chain is still broken and there is a nasty caravan headed our way. The Potted Plant in Chief has NO PLAN!

Biden has a plan but right wing fascists are fighting against it. It is called vaccines. If this was followedx then the US would be able to put this behind us. Republicans have a plan. It is to take over this country and establish a tyranny of the white men.

No, I'm saying we are worse off and COVID is part of it.
You said the reason all those metrics from a year ago were so BAD, was because of COVID.
I'll accept that. But that also means that a year later, those metrics show we're better off.

That or, we are no longer energy independent. Right?
We never were energy independent all over the nation. If that were true why did Trump increase Russian oil imports?

Russian Oil Exports to U.S. Hit Record High – Bloomberg​

The surge in demand for Russian energy helped Russia sell more oil to the U.S. than Saudi Arabia for the first time in history.​

U.S. oil refineries have increasingly turned to Russia following the imposition of sanctions on Venezuela, which as recently as 2018 accounted for 6% of all U.S. oil imports. Saudi Arabia’s production cuts — part of an OPEC+ deal brokered with Russia to support prices throughout the pandemic — also left space in the market for Russian oil producers, analysts told Bloomberg.

2 years ago, gas was close to $3 a gallon.
2 years ago, we were also discussing a labor shortage with high levels of job openings (which the right celebrated).
2 years ago was before COVID and people were happier. I agree. COVID is upsetting after having lost so much time and people.
But 2 years ago, lots of people were VERY worried about the state of the country given Trump's actions with Ukraine were just being uncovered. There was TONS of anger all throughout the country.

COVID is far more manageable. Last year, we were far more restricted throughout the nation and steeling ourselves for what we knew was going to be a bad winter. Even without government restrictions, people weren't doing nearly the same amount of activities they are now.

With vaccines, COVID isn't blowing up. Treatments are somewhat better. Patients (at least the vaccinated ones) are not as sick. Our hospital supplies are far easier to come by as well. I see buckets of N95s in the hospitals just lying around. A year ago, you had to beg for one as they were in short supply and the hospital kept them under tight lock and key.
What a load of crap. Gas was nowhere near $3.00 a gallon except in the libatard utopias in most other NORMAL states it was under $2.00. The economy was doing well and what Ukraine BS are you pushing now? All Trump did was give them arms to defend themselves from Russia instead of pillows and blankets, like Odumbo and Old Joe did, and asked them how much Joe and Hunter screwed them out of. You must have been a "sky screamer", fool.

I expect that with the COVID vaccine and PPP loans (thanks Trump), Biden would not fuck everything up as he did. Trump was sabotaged by COVID. Biden is an inept fool and his approval ratings reflect that.

Truth over Facts

You have no clue what the truth is. Trump has fucked things off and we re still paying the price.

You said the reason all those metrics from a year ago were so BAD, was because of COVID.
I'll accept that. But that also means that a year later, those metrics show we're better off.
Is inflation higher now than a year ago?
Is illegal immigration higher now than a year ago?
Is energy more expensive now than a year ago?

Forum List

Back