US Jobless claims fall to 4 decade low

Last time it was this low was 1973

here's the problem according to Bill Clinton:
“The problem is, 80% of the American people are still living on what they were living on the day before the [2008 finnan*cial] crash. And about half the American people, after you adjust for inflation, are living on what they were living on the last day I was president 15 years ago. So that’s what’s the matter.”
What's the matter is you ignore everything George Bush Tom delay dennis hastert John boehner Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan did after Clinton left office

And you don't have to admit the GOP sucked. The results in the Republican primaries are obvious I'm right. Just look at how jeb got bounced so long ago. And don't try to put it all on bush. Republican voters said fu to every Republican. In fact the guy in second is an anti GOP type too. Kasich is just embarrassing himself. He's only still in it because he's hoping for a miracle

Last edited:
Did you not want to comment on my point that the fracking oil and natural gas boom taking place up through 2012 probably created more jobs and more economic growth than ANYTHING the Obama Administration's policies did?

not to mention that Democrats mostly opposed fracking! So Repubican policies mostly saved Obama fro a complete disaster. Always remember the golden rule from Econ 101: a recession is the time it takes the free market to correct for liberal interference.
LOLOLOL

Too fucking demented. :cuckoo:

Name the one Republican president who didn't have a recession on their watch.......

A spike in 2010 means that moron is insane when he claimed, "unemployment peaked in 2011." Thanks for confirming.
thumbsup.gif

A spike that very nearly reached the high levels of 2009...so what's your point?
That didn't even happen in 2011. Just how far out on that frail limb are you willing to climb for your fellow yahoo?

The North Dakota oil boom refers to the period of rapidly expanding oil extraction from the Bakken formation in the state of North Dakota that lasted from the discovery of Parshall Oil Field in 2006, and peaked in 2012,[1][2] but with substantially less growth noted since 2015 due to a global decline in oil prices.[3] Despite the Great Recession, the oil boom resulted in enough jobs to provide North Dakota with the lowest unemployment rate in the United States.[4][5] The boom has given the state of North Dakota, a state with a 2013 population of about 725,000, a billion-dollar budget surplus. North Dakota, which ranked 38th in per capita gross domestic product (GDP) in 2001, rose steadily with the Bakken boom, and now has per capita GDP 29% above the national average.[6]

I'm actually willing to go rather far out on that limb, Faun because it's looking rather sturdy! :blowup:
LOL

You've already fallen off. Your post does nothing to prove unemployment peaked in 2011.

Did you not want to comment on my point that the fracking oil and natural gas boom taking place up through 2012 probably created more jobs and more economic growth than ANYTHING the Obama Administration's policies did? Or are you still claiming that didn't happen in 2011?

It did not happen for any time, me boy. And the baken fields produced only about 25,000 jobs at most as a result of fracking. But I suppose you will try anything, eh. Problem is, in base numbers, it is WAY to small when you compare it with several million new jobs. Especially since much of the baken oil is so poor in quality that in order to get rid of it at refineries, the driller will have to pay the refinery to take it.

Did you not want to comment on my point that the fracking oil and natural gas boom taking place up through 2012 probably created more jobs and more economic growth than ANYTHING the Obama Administration's policies did?

not to mention that Democrats mostly opposed fracking! So Repubican policies mostly saved Obama fro a complete disaster. Always remember the golden rule from Econ 101: a recession is the time it takes the free market to correct for liberal interference.
LOLOLOL

Too fucking demented. :cuckoo:

Name the one Republican president who didn't have a recession on their watch.......
Remember bush had to loan us all money so he wouldn't be in an official recession. In fact his entire 8 years was a recession. The 9-11 recession wasn't nearly as bad as the recessions his policies created after 9-11. It's called disaster capitalism. The rich cause a recession then insist they get to pass their ideas to get us out of the recession they created. What was Bush's first idea to get us out of the 9-11 recession? Tax breaks to the rich. And it didn't work.

So now you owe that stimulus money back with interest. Notice Republicans didn't worry about the debt when they were in charge?

A spike that very nearly reached the high levels of 2009...so what's your point?
That didn't even happen in 2011. Just how far out on that frail limb are you willing to climb for your fellow yahoo?

The North Dakota oil boom refers to the period of rapidly expanding oil extraction from the Bakken formation in the state of North Dakota that lasted from the discovery of Parshall Oil Field in 2006, and peaked in 2012,[1][2] but with substantially less growth noted since 2015 due to a global decline in oil prices.[3] Despite the Great Recession, the oil boom resulted in enough jobs to provide North Dakota with the lowest unemployment rate in the United States.[4][5] The boom has given the state of North Dakota, a state with a 2013 population of about 725,000, a billion-dollar budget surplus. North Dakota, which ranked 38th in per capita gross domestic product (GDP) in 2001, rose steadily with the Bakken boom, and now has per capita GDP 29% above the national average.[6]

I'm actually willing to go rather far out on that limb, Faun because it's looking rather sturdy! :blowup:
LOL

You've already fallen off. Your post does nothing to prove unemployment peaked in 2011.

Did you not want to comment on my point that the fracking oil and natural gas boom taking place up through 2012 probably created more jobs and more economic growth than ANYTHING the Obama Administration's policies did? Or are you still claiming that didn't happen in 2011?

It did not happen for any time, me boy. And the baken fields produced only about 25,000 jobs at most as a result of fracking. But I suppose you will try anything, eh. Problem is, in base numbers, it is WAY to small when you compare it with several million new jobs. Especially since much of the baken oil is so poor in quality that in order to get rid of it at refineries, the driller will have to pay the refinery to take it.

Actually, me poorly informed con tool, the bigest push back to fracking are REPUBLICAN farmers and ranchers who want nothing to do with the possibility of ruining their water sources that fracking can and often does cause.
A spike in 2010 means that moron is insane when he claimed, "unemployment peaked in 2011." Thanks for confirming.
thumbsup.gif

LOL

Gallup's 2016 environment survey, conducted March 2 through 6, found Americans have a clearer position on fracking than they did a year ago,. In 2015, 40 percent said they favored fracking and an equal amount said they opposed it. Another 19 percent said they had no opinion or knew little about it. In 2015, support for fracking slipped to 36 percent and opposition climbed to 51 percent.

The poll found the sharpest decline in support comes from Republicans, from 66 percent support in 2015 to 55 percent in 2016.
Poll: Opposition to fracking growing in the United States

LOL

Actually, me poorly informed con tool, the bigest push back to fracking are REPUBLICAN farmers and ranchers who want nothing to do with the possibility of ruining their water sources that fracking can and often does cause.

LOL

Gallup's 2016 environment survey, conducted March 2 through 6, found Americans have a clearer position on fracking than they did a year ago,. In 2015, 40 percent said they favored fracking and an equal amount said they opposed it. Another 19 percent said they had no opinion or knew little about it. In 2015, support for fracking slipped to 36 percent and opposition climbed to 51 percent.

The poll found the sharpest decline in support comes from Republicans, from 66 percent support in 2015 to 55 percent in 2016.

The question wasn't what percentage of Americans favor fracking in a poll, Georgie...it was how much of the economic recovery was driven by fracking!

My point was that fracking had much more influence on jobs and the economy then any Obama Administration policy and if you subtracted either the jobs created or the economic growth created by fracking during those years then Barry's economic numbers would have been even more anemic then they were!

Last edited:
As with most polls...how you frame the question is going to influence the answer you get in return.

For example...if I asked people THIS poll question: "If fracking has driven the price of oil down from $120 a barrel to $40 a barrel...are you in favor of continuing to use fracking or would you be fine with stopping fracking and having oil prices return to their former levels?"...then I'm guessing I'd get a very different response.

LOL

LOL

The question wasn't what percentage of Americans favor fracking in a poll, Georgie...it was how much of the economic recovery was driven by fracking!

My point was that fracking had much more influence on jobs and the economy then any Obama Administration policy and if you subtracted either the jobs created or the economic growth created by fracking during those years then Barry's economic numbers would have been even more anemic then they were!
Actually, the blurb you posted only said North Dakota, one of the nation's least populated states, benefited with low unemployment (which is typical for the state as people often only move to the state for a job) and a surplus for the state's budget.

That aside, WTF does that have to do with your fellow retarded yahoo falsely claiming that unemployment peaked in 2011?

LOL

How many jobs are created when you drop the price of oil and natural gas that much, Georgie? How much disposable income do Americans have to spend on other things when they aren't paying $4 a gallon at the pump for gasoline? This isn't a "small" thing...you're talking about hundreds of billions of dollars.

LOL

LOL

Actually, the blurb you posted only said North Dakota, one of the nation's least populated states, benefited with low unemployment (which is typical for the state as people often only move to the state for a job) and a surplus for the state's budget.

That aside, WTF does that have to do with your fellow retarded yahoo falsely claiming that unemployment peaked in 2011?

It has to do with claims by people like you and Georgie Costanza...that Obama economic policy created jobs and "saved" the economy. When you look at all the jobs and the economic growth that both fracking and the resultant low energy costs have produced it's makes your claims that Barry deserves a pat on the back for job creation rather humorous since he's always resisted fracking.

Last edited:
I'm in Florida and I've gotten $1.95 a gallon gas instead of the $4.00 plus a gallon I was paying before fracking scared the Saudis into dropping the price of oil. What happened in North Dakota didn't benefit only that area...it benefited the entire country.

As with most polls...how you frame the question is going to influence the answer you get in return.

For example...if I asked people THIS poll question: "If fracking has driven the price of oil down from $120 a barrel to $40 a barrel...are you in favor of continuing to use fracking or would you be fine with stopping fracking and having oil prices return to their former levels?"...then I'm guessing I'd get a very different response.
North Dakota bottomed out in June, 2009, with 355,858 people working in their state..

In their peak of 2012, they employed 390,035 -- a net gain of 37,733 employed folks.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Exactly what the fuck drugs are you on to think an increase of 37,733 jobs put much of a dent in the U.S. labor force? Hell, there are more than twice that many living in the city where I reside.

LOL

It has to do with claims by people like you and Georgie Costanza...that Obama economic policy created jobs and "saved" the economy. When you look at all the jobs and the economic growth that both fracking and the resultant low energy costs have produced it's makes your claims that Barry deserves a pat on the back for job creation rather humorous since he's always resisted fracking.
You could have just admitted that has nothing to do with the idiotic claim that unemployment peaked in 2011 and it would have been a lot shorter and more honest.

LOL

LOL

Yes, but that simply proves that you are a really, really stupid con tool. So there we have it. I could believe you or the cbo, and others. My money is on the cbo. I never put money on bs artists.

I'm in Florida and I've gotten $1.95 a gallon gas instead of the $4.00 plus a gallon I was paying before fracking scared the Saudis into dropping the price of oil. What happened in North Dakota didn't benefit only that area...it benefited the entire country.
I paid more than $4.00 when Bush was president. As far as prices coming down, there are multiple factors....

4 Reasons Why the Price of Crude Oil Dropped | Investopedia

That aside, WTF does that have to do with your fellow retarded yahoo falsely claiming that unemployment peaked in
2011?

You could have just admitted that has nothing to do with the idiotic claim that unemployment peaked in 2011 and it would have been a lot shorter and more honest.

Honest?? Oldstyle could care less about honesty.
Maybe he thinks he is funny. Cons are known to be stupid and have no humor. Though the poor clowns think they do. And studies say they are stupid:
Libertarianism Makes You Stupid - The Ethical Spectacle
www.spectacle.org/897/finkel.html

People With Low IQ Tend to be Socially Conservative: New Study
People With Low IQ Tend to be Socially Conservative: New Study

North Dakota bottomed out in June, 2009, with 355,858 people working in their state..

In their peak of 2012, they employed 390,035 -- a net gain of 37,733 employed folks.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Exactly what the fuck drugs are you on to think an increase of 37,733 jobs put much of a dent in the U.S. labor force? Hell, there are more than twice that many living in the city where I reside.
That would be CORRECT.
I live a couple states away. Lots of people heard about good paying jobs and headed there. Most came back, primarily because they found the jobs typically did not last long. Then, the issue with the cost of obtaining the crude was so high that price decreases in the end product could, and would end those jobs. The thing few know is that they have been drilling those pools for over 60 years. The good pools are drained. What is left is way too expensive to obtain, and much of it of such poor quality that refiners requite the drillers to pay THEM in order to take their crude.

Negative Oil Prices Arrive: Koch Brothers' Refinery "Pays" -$0.50 For North Dakota Crude
Negative Oil Prices Arrive: Koch Brothers' Refinery "Pays" -$0.50 For North Dakota Crude | Zero Hedge

LOL

How many jobs are created when you drop the price of oil and natural gas that much, Georgie? How much disposable income do Americans have to spend on other things when they aren't paying $4 a gallon at the pump for gasoline? This isn't a "small" thing...you're talking about hundreds of billions of dollars.
You can look the number up, me boy. But I hope you took a flashlight when yu pulled that Billions of dollars number out of your ass. So, is anyone surprised that you have no link, no proof? Of course not.
Are you forgetting the people and companies that got killed by the low prices. Notice how many oil rigs are sitting unused?
You see oil prices dropping as a result of the Baken Formation and Fracking. That, me boy, is technically called BULLSHIT. Because, me boy, that crude is way to small in total amound. Period.
Why has the price of oil been dropping? Why now
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/business/energy-environment/oil-prices.html?_r=0
Read the articles and you will see the reasons. Several. None of them have to do with the Baken crude.
But nice try. I know you WANT people to believe you. But, me boy, you loose. Which is what losers do.

I think they had the background and knowledge to frame the questions, dipshit. Point is, people are getting more and more concerned about fracking, me boy. It will be banned in time.

Wow, that was one of the stupidest posts yet. Congratulations. You are indeed proving it. Cons are stupid.

Forum List

Back