USMB Age Test

Remember when tv shows shut down for the night and they would play the star bangled banner before we the "snow"?

That or the poem "High Flight". That was down in Los Angeles.

Who remembers 78's?
I still have a bunch of them! I play them every now and then too!
Yellow? I remember a lot of them being yellow.

Nope, they look like regular LP's. They're just a lot heavier because of what they're made of. They are also thicker as a rule than the 33 rpm LP's.

Yellow ones were usually kids' records.

Ahhh, never had one.

Who remembers 78's?

Nope, they look like regular LP's. They're just a lot heavier because of what they're made of. They are also thicker as a rule than the 33 rpm LP's.

Oh, so those are records. I've never seen one in yellow before. Just black. :D

45rpminsert.jpg

And? Anyone remember these?
The widget for 45's

I think the term is "dongle"....

Who remembers 78's?

Oh, so those are records. I've never seen one in yellow before. Just black. :D

They made 'em in all kinds of colors for special editions. I've got some in red, some in clear vinyl -- I just sold off some in gold.

Remember these?

Beverage_pull_tab.jpg

I remember pulling those off and, rather than tossing them to the ground, we'd drop them in the can and proceed to consume the beverage. Never once stopping to consider the possibility that we could swallow the damn pull tab...
I used to make hippie door curtains out of those! Instead of a beaded curtain, I had pull tab curtains, lol.

Ah - you weren't the only one! I didn't make 'em but I do remember seeing them.

Beanie and Cecil! (the first cartoon)

Beany and Cecil meet Lord Buckley! :thup:

Doncha love Cecil's Chicago aaaeeeccent?

I'm familiar with a lot of old cartoons, but I've never heard of this one before.
Remember these?

Beverage_pull_tab.jpg

I remember pulling those off and, rather than tossing them to the ground, we'd drop them in the can and proceed to consume the beverage. Never once stopping to consider the possibility that we could swallow the damn pull tab...
I used to make hippie door curtains out of those! Instead of a beaded curtain, I had pull tab curtains, lol.

Interesting! How long would making those take?

OK -- I got one.

What are the two symbols on this dial called and what are they for?

hallic_s53a_dial_with_cd.jpg
Civil Defense channels (stations)

Ding ding ding!

Conelrad, at 640 and 1240. And that's kilocycles, not kiloherz, thank you very much.

The Conelrad station was where you were supposed to tune in when the nuclear war came and your skin was about to be melted off. That's the shadow we grew up under.

Forum List

Back