USMB Age Test

f3c2a17bafd780e9a6bfdc0a7a82479f.jpg

anyone remember these?

3a128deb2f571939beba4c031c93ddd8.jpg

That looks like about a 1965 ('63?) MOPAR push button TorqueFlite transmission on the left, probably on a Dodge Dart. In turquoise. With torsion bar suspension.

:D

From the lettering I'm going with '63. I had a couple of '64s.

Out in the woods here I found a metal object once -- picked it up and instantly recognized it as a starter from a 1960s - era Slant Six. I knew that because I changed a few.

anyone remember these?

3a128deb2f571939beba4c031c93ddd8.jpg

That looks like about a 1965 ('63?) MOPAR push button TorqueFlite transmission on the left, probably on a Dodge Dart. In turquoise. With torsion bar suspension.

:D

From the lettering I'm going with '63. I had a couple of '64s.
I had a '56 Plymouth Belvedere with push button drive. Push button drive was introduced in '55 Plymouths

I grew up on this machine. Literally this machine, except my Dad's had a burgundy-colored case. Otherwise, identical.

That's a "magic eye" in the center over the heads. It would light up green on playback and orange on Record. You kept the two fields from overlapping to set your levels. And I guarantee you, this thing weighed a ton. And when it was running at 7½ IPS, it sounded like a garbage truck was parked in the living room.

BerlantConcertone1401b.jpg

The first time I made a recording it was Dick Clark on American Bandstand. Clark was 28 years old then.

I vaguely remember a push button car. Vaguely. I think Dad had one when I was very little.

That's where I saw it!!! Brain fart. A boy I lightly "dated" got permission to drive his parents car to my house (with dad inside, cuz he was only 16 and had to have a parent with him while driving) and it was a Valiant. He called it The Vomit.

That's where I saw it!!! Brain fart. A boy I lightly "dated" got permission to drive his parents car to my house (with dad inside, cuz he was only 16 and had to have a parent with him while driving) and it was a Valiant. He called it The Vomit.

I had a '62 Valiant that had come from a Bell Telephone auction. Slant Six with a three-on-the-tree heavy duty transmission. We figure the odometer had turned around at least four times. Purred like a kitten. The floor rotted away but the drive train just never quit.

On the other hand I managed to somehow throw a rod in another Slant Six, a '64 Dart.

My sister had a Dart. Boy, did we put some mileage on that thing...and lots of action in it, too, lol.

I had a '62 Valiant that had come from a Bell Telephone auction. Slant Six with a three-on-the-tree heavy duty transmission. We figure the odometer had turned around at least four times. Purred like a kitten. The floor rotted away but the drive train just never quit.

On the other hand I managed to somehow throw a rod in another Slant Six, a '64 Dart.

That's hard to do. One of my work trucks had over 450,000 miles on it. We pulled the engine and used it for a generator when we junked the remains of the truck. It still runs great!

That's hard to do. One of my work trucks had over 450,000 miles on it. We pulled the engine and used it for a generator when we junked the remains of the truck. It still runs great!

It is indeed hard to do, yet I found a way. :crybaby:
That's why they quit makin' 'em. Ran forever.
Same with the Saturn TwinCam of the early '90s. I bought one used with over 200k on it, figured it was a good track record, and proceeded to put another 200 on it. I understand it's still on the road today.

She put shackles on her Dart. We jacked that sucker up in the back as far as we could get it, lol.

Forum List

Back