USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found out Friday my brother in law has Stage IV brain cancer. about 62 years old. They sent him home and are not going to do any treatments.

That's a tough one. I hope he doesn't have to undergo a lot of pain, that's one of the bad things about cancer. My prayers/thoughts with you.

He has had a splitting headache for 3 months and could not get rid of it. That is how they found it.

I had a dream last night
What a lovely dream it was
I dreamed we all were alright
Happy in a land of Oz.

lyrics by John Sebastian

I had a fantasic dream last night, in which I was flying above a vivid landscape full of buildings. My ex employer was there and I gave him a lift on my back. I flew up to try to get to the top of a tower, but I could not get high enough.
Anyone got any ideas what that meant?

Sounds to me like whatever you did for that employer was just never enough for him.

Would that be accurate?

Funny, my employment ended by my having a fight with him, because he did not want me going out with his daughter.

I'm inclined to stay with my analysis and wonder exactly why he didn't want you going with his daughter... :eusa_think:

I'm thinking if he considered you 'not good enough' that could be expressed that way metaphorically in a dream.

Found out Friday my brother in law has Stage IV brain cancer. about 62 years old. They sent him home and are not going to do any treatments.

That's a tough one. I hope he doesn't have to undergo a lot of pain, that's one of the bad things about cancer. My prayers/thoughts with you.

He has had a splitting headache for 3 months and could not get rid of it. That is how they found it.

This kind of symptomatic story is very common, I have witnessed this happen in my own family.

You did a good thing by announcing it here - for there are lots and lots of people of good will who hit up the CS and they will be thinking of you, imo.

Sounds to me like whatever you did for that employer was just never enough for him.

Would that be accurate?

Funny, my employment ended by my having a fight with him, because he did not want me going out with his daughter.

I'm inclined to stay with my analysis and wonder exactly why he didn't want you going with his daughter... :eusa_think:

I'm thinking if he considered you 'not good enough' that could be expressed that way metaphorically in a dream.

Or a dowry issue??? :lol:

wannajoke-1.jpg

Does anyone put butter and peanut butter on your bread? No particular reason for that question ... Just wondering ... :eusa_whistle:

My oldest brother insists that you have to have butter and peanut butter in a PB&J....

I leave the jelly off. I really like it on toast with butter and peanut butter.

Last edited:
Yesterday I did my Maryland stuffed ham..... It was good. Mrs R is sporting a temporary crown so tonight I took some leftover mashed taters, ground up some ham, added a little cream-o-mush, onion, garlic, butter, green beans and cheese. It was good. :thup:

My team won the footy match last night! Very happy. We won by around 23 points, or nearly four goals, all kicked in the last quarter. :)

Dentist this morning, had another filling - not a new one, just a replacement because the ones I have are old and wearing away. I'm quite happy, I don't actually need fillings, just replacement ones. I'm doing good with my teeth. :) Next month I have another one (replacement) and a tooth clean, as there is buildup on the wires behind my teeth (to hold my teeth in place) that I cannot reach with a toothbrush or flossing, so that will be cleaned up for me, and when I go to the hospital, they'll probably take out another tooth as well as its too sensitive. Hurts to chew on my left side so she said I'd probably want that taken out as well.

I only wish the dentist wasn't too expensive! Mum gave me a few hundred but I used all that and some of my own money to pay for the appointment, and I need to be paid by tomorrow morning at the latest or else my car loan can't come out. Hopefully the bank won't charge me a late fee!

Does anyone put butter and peanut butter on your bread? No particular reason for that question ... Just wondering ... :eusa_whistle:

My oldest brother insists that you have to have butter and peanut butter in a PB&J....

When having peanut butter, my favorite is a grilled or fried peanut butter and banana sandwich. Makes a great snack in between breakfast and lunch (a second breakfast).
banana-peanut-butter-sandwich.jpg

If I'm in a rush, then a peanut butter and banana on toasted bread will do as well.
peanut-butter-banana-sandwich.jpg

So sorry Smilebong. That is tough for the whole family. He and your family go on the vigil list for sure.

When having peanut butter, my favorite is a grilled or fried peanut butter and banana sandwich. Makes a great snack in between breakfast and lunch (a second breakfast).

If I'm in a rush, then a peanut butter and banana on toasted bread will do as well.

An Elvis fan I see!

Very sorry to hear that....he'll be in our thoughts...

We're home from the hospital, pretty well wrung out. Enjoying some quick snacks and "The Voice" we had recording on the DVR. Around 7:30ish Dana knew she didn't feel well enough to come home tonight. The doc agreed and they'll keep her overnight. Don't know yet if I'll be doing taxi duty in the morning but I won't need to be rocked to sleep tonight.

An Elvis fan I see!
You guessed it. His music was great, and so was his food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back