USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh, I'm feeling sorry for myself :(

I have to go to the eye doctor, they make you take out the contacts then sit there waiting for half an hour. Blind, just sitting there sucks. I hate doctors!
Could you stowaway a pair of reading glasses and some good reading material? :)

Best wishes at the optometrist/ophthalmologist place.

Boredom sucks lemons.

Bout all you can do is make lemonade.

th

I can eat a big jar in 2 evenings.

You're a braver man than I. Got food poisoning from peanut butter about a dozen years ago and haven't touched it since.

Are you allergic to peanuts? Was it spoiled? Can't hardly blame you for not wanting to ever eat it again....:)

No, I don't have an allergy (that I'm aware of) and the stuff didn't look, smell or taste spoiled. But I'd rather not roll those dice again. Real nuts are more nutritious anyway.

Sigh, I'm feeling sorry for myself :(

I have to go to the eye doctor, they make you take out the contacts then sit there waiting for half an hour. Blind, just sitting there sucks. I hate doctors!
Could you stowaway a pair of reading glasses and some good reading material? :)

Best wishes at the optometrist/ophthalmologist place.

Boredom sucks lemons.

Bout all you can do is make lemonade.

th

That's the spirit!

Today's celeb no. 2 drinking coffee:

60d7cae3ab282ebe41b4538aed04c56e.jpg

Kate Winslet (in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"). Oh, yeah, and Jim Carrey, too.

:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GiLxkDK8sI

A real rarity --- a movie I've not only seen but liked. Every several years some film slips through the cracks and comes up with something cerebral that shuns the mandatory Hollywood format of its usual three basic elements (gunshots/explosions, car chases and women screaming). I always thought the title should have been "Meet Me in Montauk".

Last edited:
You're a braver man than I. Got food poisoning from peanut butter about a dozen years ago and haven't touched it since.

Are you allergic to peanuts? Was it spoiled? Can't hardly blame you for not wanting to ever eat it again....:)

No, I don't have an allergy (that I'm aware of) and the stuff didn't look, smell or taste spoiled. But I'd rather not roll those dice again. Real nuts are more nutritious anyway.

If you can eat peanuts, you're not allergic. Can't imagine why you had such a reaction..it probably was spoiled, not a good thing.

I'm sorry to hear about your brother, Smile. I know that's gonna be rough, but we're all here for you.

Seconded (thirded, fourthed, ad infinitum)

Prayer flags have been energized for your BIL and your sister Smilebong....

Attachments

• $prayer flags 3.jpg
    $prayer flags 3.jpg
    553.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

If you can eat peanuts, you're not allergic. Can't imagine why you had such a reaction..it probably was spoiled, not a good thing.

I love Thai food and often still enjoy the crushed peanuts in it without any consequences, so I'm sure it was that particular jar of PB. But the experience just turned me off the stuff. Fool me once...

Morning, sort of. It's dark out, I better check the forecast.

Never mind. Room darkening shades ftw!

My neighbors did a prank on me many years ago. I've been planning to get even for a long time. I have to wait for their little dog to pass. Then I'm going to cover all their windows in black plastic while they are sleeping so they'll wonder what's going on in the morning.

What do you do for Beltane?

Nothing special. I do recognize its passing year-to-year. Celebration is much more fun when someone celebrates with you, though. You?

I thought Beltane was a kind of May Day type thing?

It is -- it marked the beginning of summer in Celtic Europe, or at least the point where the fecundity of flora and fauna finds fertility. The polar opposite of Samhain (Hallowe'een) in both calendar position and natural cycle.

Morning, sort of. It's dark out, I better check the forecast.

Never mind. Room darkening shades ftw!

My neighbors did a prank on me many years ago. I've been planning to get even for a long time. I have to wait for their little dog to pass. Then I'm going to cover all their windows in black plastic while they are sleeping so they'll wonder what's going on in the morning.

The bolded - caused me to think of:

:rofl:

If you want the prank to really go good, the plastic all the windows, AND THEN, plastic the entire house as well..... (evil grin).

Oh, Sheila, I like how you think....

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

Made me want tater tots, they could fix my irk

Tater tots were a good invention.
Indeed they were! A good replacement for fries in order to add a little variety to the food.

We recently rediscovered tater tots--the frozen variety at Albertsons. The ingredients are pretty straight forward and reasonably healthy, and we bake ours in the oven until toasty crisp instead of frying them crisp--add a little sea salt and they make a great side in lieu of other potato sides.

Well it looks like Spring may actually be here for good. the long term forecast shows seasonal weather for the next week and a half and we're into may. I guess the snow and ice are done

Spring has to stay here now...It has no choice in this... I have cut the grass, that's it...spring can only turn into summer. it's the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back