USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
big-black-dog-albums-pictures-picture6541-img-0327.jpg

Checked the photos on my trail camera this morning and found this picture of a very unique deer on it.

To skinny......

Tater Tot Bake Recipe - Allrecipes.com

"This is ground beef and onions covered with tater tots, creamy mushroom soup and shredded Cheddar cheese. Even picky eaters love it!"

It doesn't sound bad although I never could recreate the hamburger joint tater tots with the frozen ones.
I know what you mean. No matter how I fry the tater tots, they never taste as good as those at Sonic. I'll bet it's the oil though. We don't use peanut oil in our home.

Oh, Sonic has them? I've never been there either. I lived in a very small town for the past ten years and didn't have any of these places.

Sigh, I'm feeling sorry for myself :(

I have to go to the eye doctor, they make you take out the contacts then sit there waiting for half an hour. Blind, just sitting there sucks. I hate doctors!
Could you stowaway a pair of reading glasses and some good reading material? :)

Best wishes at the optometrist/ophthalmologist place.

Boredom sucks lemons.

Bout all you can do is make lemonade.

th
Love lemonade, thanks.

I'm too cheap to spend the three hundred plus glasses would cost so I just rely on contacts. I even need readers when they are in so it's blind as a bat for the wait. They both chastised me :lol:

It doesn't sound bad although I never could recreate the hamburger joint tater tots with the frozen ones.
I know what you mean. No matter how I fry the tater tots, they never taste as good as those at Sonic. I'll bet it's the oil though. We don't use peanut oil in our home.

Oh, Sonic has them? I've never been there either. I lived in a very small town for the past ten years and didn't have any of these places.
Sonic has both fries and tater tots, but I get fries at the other fast food restaurants, so I usually have the tater tots at Sonic.

:lol:

Made me want tater tots, they could fix my irk

Tater tots were a good invention.

The next worst thing in the world besides split pea soup is something called Tater Tot Casserole.:puke:

This I agree with. Tater tots in their natural form is the only way to go :D.

Remember the old joke.. What did you have for lunch? Pea green soup. What did you have for dinner? Pea green soup. What did ya do all night ? ..... :badgrin:

I like split pea, do you guys do it homemade?

I think BBD does. :scared1:

:hellno:

You folks need some serious help in your kitchens... Just saying.:eek:

I'm pretty eclectic in my diet and, since retirement, have really been doing a lot of experimenting with various cuisines and gourmet cooking--trying to reproduce the restaurant quality dishes you see in the cooking competitions, etc.

But I gotta join in solidarity with BBD on the pea soup folks. It doesn't look good to me. It doesn't smell good to me. It doesn't sound good to me. I'm not gonna eat it. :)

I think BBD does. :scared1:

:hellno:

You folks need some serious help in your kitchens... Just saying.:eek:

I'm pretty eclectic in my diet and, since retirement, have really been doing a lot of experimenting with various cuisines and gourmet cooking--trying to reproduce the restaurant quality dishes you see in the cooking competitions, etc.

But I gotta join in solidarity with BBD on the pea soup folks. It doesn't look good to me. It doesn't smell good to me. It doesn't sound good to me. I'm not gonna eat it. :)

I like your ruggedness on this issue, Foxfyre!!!

Gotta tell you a story:

when my Mom and Dad split up, I lived with my Dad for about a year before going to my mom's. And during that time, since my dad really couldn't cook, my paternal grandparents cooked a lot for us. And every Tuesday night was dinner night at Grandma and Grandpa's in Middletown, Ohio. And every Tuesday night was "Brussel Sprouts literally doused in butter" night. Horror, oh horror.

I hated Brussel Sprouts. They looked like alien creatures I once saw in a sci-fy film at the ripe old age of 5 or so and by G-d, I was NOT gonna eat those Brussel Sprouts, nosiree.

Well, my Grandma made me, but the butter always made me sick to my stomach. And I usually got rid of those brussel sprouts in the bathrooom right after dinner.

It took almost 40 years to get over the trauma of a Brussel Sprouts from outer space.

Nowadays, I love em!!!

So, Foxy, eat yer split-pea soup!!!

:lol:

Last edited:
Oops, I fry pierogies.

But I bet you don't bread 'em and drop 'em into a vat of boiling fat, mumuring "double double toil and trouble", amirite?

I boil them out of the frozen state and then just a quick pan-fry to finish. Yum. :eusa_angel:

That's how I do ravioli

Toasted_Ravioli.jpg

Sorry, that looks like beignets. Prolly has the same effect on the arteries too :eek:

I was having a debate with my mother earlier when I visited, and I want to ask you all for your honest opinion. Do you think the Rohirrim of Lord of the Rings more closely resemble Vikings or Mongols?

The legend always compares them to the Vikings. Since I've never seriously compared the Vikings to the Mongols, I'll go with the Vikings. :)

Thank God!:lol:
Finally someone who agrees with me!
Did you know, you are the first person I have met who agrees with me on this?:lol:

I was having a debate with my mother earlier when I visited, and I want to ask you all for your honest opinion. Do you think the Rohirrim of Lord of the Rings more closely resemble Vikings or Mongols?

The legend always compares them to the Vikings. Since I've never seriously compared the Vikings to the Mongols, I'll go with the Vikings. :)

Thank God!:lol:
Finally someone who agrees with me!
Did you know, you are the first person I have met who agrees with me on this?:lol:

Well you have to really stretch to find correlations, but the Mongols were into empire building and bringing the whole world as they knew it under their authority. The Vikings not so much, but they were warriors, adventurers, and playful in their personal lives, as were the Rohirrim. I see the Rohirrim's attachment to horses as was the Vikings to their ships. So if Tolkien had either in mind when he created the Rohirrim, I'm pretty sure he was thinking of the Vikings.

There's Sonics all over the place here in Colorado but since I hate to eat in a car/truck and their "background" music is near concert volume, making sitting at one of the outside tables mind numbing, I'll have to forgo any opportunity to sample their offerings.

There's Sonics all over the place here in Colorado but since I hate to eat in a car/truck and their "background" music is near concert volume, making sitting at one of the outside tables mind numbing, I'll have to forgo any opportunity to sample their offerings.

I used to think it was so easy to stop at fast food places but since I lived back there, it was just as easy to fix something at home. Now I'm in the habit and just usually eat here unless we're invited out somewhere nice. We change as we get older. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back