USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning folks! I hope everyone is having a great day. I just got back from a nice long stint at the gym and I feel amazing. I am trying to shed those last few pounds from the holidays. lol

Good luck, and good for YOU!

I'm preparing for my workout ( about 30 minutes a day ) then getting ready to head OUT! :)
Thanks. As someone that used to be rather portly I am always aware of my weight. I thought once I lost all my weight it would be easier but in fact it is just the opposite. lol.

Have a wonderful workout. Cheers!

I've never had a weight problem thankfully. I've always been pretty much the same size. Actually, I was a BIT chubbier, probably around 110 pounds, but since I've given up soda, I probably weigh around 100 pounds now.

Giving up pop will melt those pounds away. I gave it up years ago but I will use a diet pop if I am having a cocktail. lol.

Thank goodness this weather seems to have broken b/c now I can run outside again.

You know what's funny? When you see someone ordering all sorts of unhealthy and fattening food from McDonald's or something, and then they order a diet Coke. :lol:

When she was still in high school our daughter worked for awhile as a waitress for the Village Inn a few blocks west of our house. And she was always amazed at how many people would order a diet coke float. :)

I'm preparing for my workout ( about 30 minutes a day ) then getting ready to head OUT! :)
Thanks. As someone that used to be rather portly I am always aware of my weight. I thought once I lost all my weight it would be easier but in fact it is just the opposite. lol.

I've never had a weight problem thankfully. I've always been pretty much the same size. Actually, I was a BIT chubbier, probably around 110 pounds, but since I've given up soda, I probably weigh around 100 pounds now.

Giving up pop will melt those pounds away. I gave it up years ago but I will use a diet pop if I am having a cocktail. lol.

Thank goodness this weather seems to have broken b/c now I can run outside again.

You know what's funny? When you see someone ordering all sorts of unhealthy and fattening food from McDonald's or something, and then they order a diet Coke. :lol:

When she was still in high school our daughter worked for awhile as a waitress for the Village Inn a few blocks west of our house. And she was always amazed at how many people would order a diet coke float. :)

Lol. It must soothe their guilt or something.

Good morning folks! I hope everyone is having a great day. I just got back from a nice long stint at the gym and I feel amazing. I am trying to shed those last few pounds from the holidays. lol

My first reaction is, oh they must have diabetes and than I realize you really shouldn't eat McD's anyways if you have sugar issues. lol. I have type-2 and ever since my weight loss it is much easier to manage.

I do love me some iced-cream though. Vanilla. Noms!

My first reaction is, oh they must have diabetes and than I realize you really shouldn't eat McD's anyways if you have sugar issues. lol. I have type-2 and ever since my weight loss it is much easier to manage.

Good for you, mdk! That's great! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

I do love me some iced-cream though. Vanilla. Noms!

It's all in portion control, I think. Just a little bit of anything is fine. It's when your portion sizes are too big that you really run into trouble, IMO.

Thanks! It has been quite the ride. Plus it was fun getting a whole new wardrobe. lol

Thanks! It has been quite the ride. Plus it was fun getting a whole new wardrobe. lol

I've been actually trying to put on a couple pounds because I have some really nice clothes I bought several years ago and now they're a little bit too big and I want to wear them! :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

I've been actually trying to put on a couple pounds because I have some really nice clothes I bought several years ago and now they're a little bit too big and I want to wear them! :lol:

iu

;)

iu

;)

Yeah, but I like my pants to fit tight. :D

Well as Dolly Parton quipped recently, she doesn't wear sweats. It's gonna be tight pants or no pants. But I confess I love my sweats. But I do want them to fit. :)

Welp, got most everything packed, have to meet the movers in the Springs tomorrow morning To load out the storage unit) then they'll come down to the Trinidad house. Hopefully everything will be loaded on the truck tomorrow then we can do a cursory cleaning load up our vehicles and head down the road Thursday morning. We finally found out we have a house in El Paso at 2:30 PM today, had to run to the bank for a cashiers check and overnight it to the property management company. Tomorrow I also have to turn in the Comcast equipment (No comcast in El Paso yet), put in a change of address at the Post Office and make a trash run to the dump. Busy day tomorrow.........
Hopefully your last move for many long years. Good luck!

I hate heights as well. I hire someone to put up Christmas lights and the one time I had to climb up on my roof, I was nauseous.

BUT... I LOVE roller coasters. I figure I get more for my money than any one else on the ride.

Ack, I won't go on a roller coaster. I'm not a big fan of heights, but I'm more worried about my digestive system. I have enough problems as it is, I don't want to intentionally shake my belly around and see what comes out from which end. :lol:

Oh God, me too. I get sick on most rides. :lol: I don't even bother anymore. When I was little and I just HAD to go on rides, I would take a little Dramamine first. That stuff works too. Still, any kind of spinning rides . . . :eusa_sick:
Dramamine knock me out cold. I've found those wrist bands that operate on a specific pressure point work well, and I remain conscious an enjoy the trip more.

Welp, Got most everything packed, have to meet the movers in the Springs tomorrow morning then they'll come down to the Trinidad house. Hopefully everything will be loaded on the truck tomorrow then we can do a cursory cleaning load up our vehicles and head down the road Thursday morning. We finally found out we have a house in El Paso at 2:30 PM today, had to run to the bank for a cashiers check and overnight it to the property management company. Tomorrow I also have to turn in the Comcast equipment (No comcast in El Paso yet), put in a change of address at the Post Office and make a trash run to the dump. Busy day tomorrow.........

Good luck with your move! What a PITA, huh?
The wife is soaking in the tub and was a nervous wreck until we finally got word on the house. I wasn't worried as plan B was to rent a corporate apartment for a month and find a house to rent.

I don't blame her. I hate moving. Not just finding a new place, but packing and unpacking. :cheeky-smiley-018: It's so overwhelming when all of your belongings are in boxes.

You guys apparently have movers though. I have always had to move myself. I probably don't have as much stuff as you, but it still sucks. :lol:
My next (and next-to-last move) will be relatively simple because I'll just hook the house to my truck and motor on down the road. There's something to be said for living simply, and small, in a 28' travel trailer full-time.

I hate heights as well. I hire someone to put up Christmas lights and the one time I had to climb up on my roof, I was nauseous.

BUT... I LOVE roller coasters. I figure I get more for my money than any one else on the ride.

Ack, I won't go on a roller coaster. I'm not a big fan of heights, but I'm more worried about my digestive system. I have enough problems as it is, I don't want to intentionally shake my belly around and see what comes out from which end. :lol:

Oh God, me too. I get sick on most rides. :lol: I don't even bother anymore. When I was little and I just HAD to go on rides, I would take a little Dramamine first. That stuff works too. Still, any kind of spinning rides . . . :eusa_sick:
Dramamine knock me out cold. I've found those wrist bands that operate on a specific pressure point work well, and I remain conscious an enjoy the trip more.

I haven't taken it in years, but it didn't affect me that way when I was a kid. I have a weak stomach too. I get car sick if I'm in the back seat of a standard. My tummy doesn't like it at all. Lol. :D

Forum List

Back