USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just talked to my attorney (disability) she's working on having a judge look at my case, looks like Social Security violated their own rules in denying my claim......... Should know something in about a month.

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I've heard that it's very difficult to get on disability (my mom gets it for her MS among other things).
Been fighting for it for 3 years. This is my second go-round.

Just talked to my attorney (disability) she's working on having a judge look at my case, looks like Social Security violated their own rules in denying my claim......... Should know something in about a month.

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I've heard that it's very difficult to get on disability (my mom gets it for her MS among other things).

I wish you luck, Ringel. From what you've described here about your back condition, you should definitely be eligible, IMO. I'm sure you probably have your bad days when you can barely get out of bed, and it's kind of hard to have or maintain any kind of normal job when it's always "touch and go" like that.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I just deleted a whole long paragraph of what I think about a veteran like you being denied while others so much less deserving sail right through the process. But I had to delete it to keep from violating the non-political sanctity of the Coffee Shop. But I'm sure you can fill in all the blanks I deleted. :)

I used google image search. It's an add on for your browser. Once you install it, you right click an image and you'll have an option to search image with google. That will take you to a page like this:

Interesting and thanks. But that sure wrecks havoc with on line scavenger hunt games, huh.
I don't cheat until it's apparent that no one will get the answer.

And your Mom has MS, ChrisL? How is she doing? I know it isn't as debilitating disease as it once was because modern medicine can alleviate many of the worst effects. I have a nephew by marriage who has been battling it for a number of years now but he's managing and another friend here in town who was diagnosed about six years ago but is managing to live a fairly normal life.

And your Mom has MS, ChrisL? How is she doing? I know it isn't as debilitating disease as it once was because modern medicine can alleviate many of the worst effects. I have a nephew by marriage who has been battling it for a number of years now but he's managing and another friend here in town who was diagnosed about six years ago but is managing to live a fairly normal life.

She was having some problems for a while with getting weakness and falling down episodes a lot, but she was started on a new medication (I can't remember the name right now), and she has been doing really well for the last year or so. She seems to have more problems when she gets sick, and she needs a lot of help with things like doing laundry and other household chores, but she still walks on her own. A cousin of mine also had it, but she had a more rapidly progressive form of it and she passed away a few years back. The kind of MS my mom has is more slowly progressive.

Thanks for asking! :smiliehug:

Taco just stood up on his hind legs and sang "lying Eyes" just as well as the Eagles ever did. Does anybody know a good agent I could hire for him or should I get him signed up for "The Voice" next season? Where can i buy him a very small guitar? I think he's ready for the big time.

She was having some problems for a while with getting weakness and falling down episodes a lot, but she was started on a new medication (I can't remember the name right now), and she has been doing really well for the last year or so. She seems to have more problems when she gets sick, and she needs a lot of help with things like doing laundry and other household chores, but she still walks on her own. A cousin of mine also had it, but she had a more rapidly progressive form of it and she passed away a few years back. The kind of MS my mom has is more slowly progressive.

That's the kind that my Husband has, the slowly progressive MS.

Sorry to hear that, peach. I'll have to ask my mom what is the name of the medication she is taking. It has done wonders for her! I'll find out and post it here later on tonight or something.

Sorry to hear that, peach. I'll have to ask my mom what is the name of the medication she is taking. It has done wonders for her! I'll find out and post it here later on tonight or something.

Thank you :)

No problem, peach! I wish I could remember the name myself. It's like right there . . . on the tip of my tongue!!! :tongue: See it?

Confession is good for the soul. Earlier I said Taco had stood up and sang Lying Eyes by the Eagles. It didn't really happen. Apparently I was simply over-medicated. Oops.

No problem, peach! I wish I could remember the name myself. It's like right there . . . on the tip of my tongue!!! :tongue: See it?

My husband has the same problem when he gets sick.
It kicks in his MS attacks big time.
He also is still able to walk, with a cane or some days his walker, but he is still walking. :biggrin:

Taco just stood up on his hind legs and sang "lying Eyes" just as well as the Eagles ever did. Does anybody know a good agent I could hire for him or should I get him signed up for "The Voice" next season? Where can i buy him a very small guitar? I think he's ready for the big time.

Guitar-Star-chihuahuas-15897339-1280-800.jpg

I wish you luck, Ringel. From what you've described here about your back condition, you should definitely be eligible, IMO. I'm sure you probably have your bad days when you can barely get out of bed, and it's kind of hard to have or maintain any kind of normal job when it's always "touch and go" like that.
Thanks, the worse isn't my back, which can be bad enough though I can still function. The real problems are my knees, need braces (most of the time) and a cane all the time to walk more than 50 ft. Forget stairs that have more than 4 steps, I can do it but it will take a while.

Forum List

Back