USMB Coffee Shop IV

Speaking of.....and maybe on target about political stuff....that might not be really derailing...I think I need a colonoscopy soon.

I don't wanna. But I think I might hafta.

AND swallow a mini camera in the form of a pill. Oh fun. Oh joy. Not.

That is all.

Well Gracie, as much as I might be able to stretch it, I can't find a way to make a colonoscopy political. :) And while I don't envy you, I think you'll be surprised how little a deal it is to do--after the prep anyway which is not really fun but at least you do that in private in the comfort of your own home. And I'm sure it will all come out just fine. (cough)

Last edited:
Long live the coffee shop.
Welcome aboard! Our house mother Foxfyre will be along soon with your first timer's complimentary caffeinated beverage.

In the mean time, in honor of Marco Rubio's 44th, enjoy a Cuban coffee on me!

518549174_d87aafcfaf.jpg

That's straddling the line don'tcha think? Politicians, upcoming elections, perceptions...........
Just my take on it. :dunno:
Made no comment....
Just commenting that if I think it could be taken as line straddling....... :dunno:
Not admonishing just passing on what it could be taken as but I've been wrong before. :D

I've been pondering this as to whether it is straddling and I think if I had to rule, I would say as long as there is no political promotion involved, I don't see any reason that a person can't be acknowledged even if the person is such a political figure. That's why I went to bat for Stat when he was posting political people drinking coffee some time back--I didn't see that as political at all though some wanted him reprimanded for that. That is not the same time as pushing a political agenda or perspective. Now if you post a photo of a political figure along with endorsement or criticism of what he/she accomplished that would be straddling the line. And to promote the person as better or worse than another or as the better or worse candidate is over the line.

My two cents.
I see it as simply acknowledging a famouse figure's birthday. Now, if I was to post a notable birthday from the same side of the spectrum every day, then the argument is valid.
My thinking is that as long as there isn't a picture of a famous (party of choice) having coffee on his birthday every day, there is no political connotation.

Speaking of.....and maybe on target about political stuff....that might not be really derailing...I think I need a colonoscopy soon.

That is all.
My first (and so far only) colonoscopy they put me to sleep, not like being in surgery put to sleep but a "lighter" version. I was out, then I was awake and they were done.

That is all.

Oooo..... no fun at all !
I hope & pray that you get a positive reading and everything checks out fine.

Welcome aboard! Our house mother Foxfyre will be along soon with your first timer's complimentary caffeinated beverage.

518549174_d87aafcfaf.jpg

That's straddling the line don'tcha think? Politicians, upcoming elections, perceptions...........
Made no comment....
Just commenting that if I think it could be taken as line straddling....... :dunno:
Not admonishing just passing on what it could be taken as but I've been wrong before. :D

I've been pondering this as to whether it is straddling and I think if I had to rule, I would say as long as there is no political promotion involved, I don't see any reason that a person can't be acknowledged even if the person is such a political figure. That's why I went to bat for Stat when he was posting political people drinking coffee some time back--I didn't see that as political at all though some wanted him reprimanded for that. That is not the same time as pushing a political agenda or perspective. Now if you post a photo of a political figure along with endorsement or criticism of what he/she accomplished that would be straddling the line. And to promote the person as better or worse than another or as the better or worse candidate is over the line.

My two cents.
I see it as simply acknowledging a famouse figure's birthday. Now, if I was to post a notable birthday from the same side of the spectrum every day, then the argument is valid.
My thinking is that as long as there isn't a picture of a famous (party of choice) having coffee on his birthday every day, there is no political connotation.

I just see it as politicians are people too, and any would be as welcome in the Coffee Shop as anybody else is, but they would not be allowed to push a particular agenda here any more than anybody else is. Wishing Marco a happy birthday is not pushing any kind of agenda. :)

518549174_d87aafcfaf.jpg

Made no comment....

My two cents.
Momentary lapse on my part, my apologies.

That is all.
My first (and so far only) colonoscopy they put me to sleep, not like being in surgery put to sleep but a "lighter" version. I was out, then I was awake and they were done.

Yes, that is the way it is for most people. Hombre has had to have them fairly frequently because of his cancer history--his most recent however was still showing negative so he won't be scehduled for any more unless he starts showing symptoms--but he says he has been awake enough to watch them run the little machine through his colon. This last time he was out enough he doesn't remember anything. But they wheel you in, do their thing--a 100% painless procedure--wheel you out, you fart, you go home.

Made no comment....

My two cents.

(((Hugs)) No harm no foul. And we all know Ernie is one of the last to have any kind of chip on his shoulder. :) I like it that we are always alert and thinking about it though so any inadvertent minor lapses in policy can be handled calmly and friendly and no harm is done.

Made no comment....

My two cents.
Not needed; especially with a noob joining the shop today.

I just did a search for politicians drinking Cuban coffee at Versailles in Miami.
I shall not be posting the pictures I saw there.

That is all.

Yes, that is the way it is for most people. Hombre has had to have them fairly frequently because of his cancer history--his most recent however was still showing negative so he won't be scehduled for any more unless he starts showing symptoms--but he says he has been awake enough watch them run the little machine through his colon. This last time he was out enough he doesn't remember anything. But they wheel you in, do their thing--a 100% painless procedure--wheel you out, you fart, you go home.
Mine was in 2013, six more years before I'm supposed to have another. Obviously everything was normal, even the backflow preventer....... :eusa_whistle:

Oh, I had one before. Problem is, I woke up in the middle of it. NOT FUN. I chanted. Nurse thought I was speaking in tongues. The Indian doctor laughed at her and chanted with me while hollering HOLD ON HOLD ON. I held on and bent the metal rail. Then they dosed me again with the twilight that was shy of the twi. He said he couldn't get all the way...even with the smallest scope. Wanted to do it again this time with an anetheisologist. I said not right now. MUCH later. Tired of being poked, prodded, parts of my body cut off, etc. Don't call me, I'll call you. That was 2 years ago. I just made a new appt with him for June 26th for consultation only.

He does endoscopes too, but with that camera pill. I think I can live with that. Beats them invading me from both ends.

That is all.

Yes, that is the way it is for most people. Hombre has had to have them fairly frequently because of his cancer history--his most recent however was still showing negative so he won't be scehduled for any more unless he starts showing symptoms--but he says he has been awake enough to watch them run the little machine through his colon. This last time he was out enough he doesn't remember anything. But they wheel you in, do their thing--a 100% painless procedure--wheel you out, you fart, you go home.
Mine was anything but painless. I'll not be having another unless symptoms make it imperative.
Funny thing is, when I had mine, I got to the office armed and there was no place to stash my weapon. I kept my shirt and light jacket on during the procedure.
When I complained about the pain, additional medication was administered promptly.

Forum List

Back