USMB Coffee Shop IV

Was out most of the day yesterday, went for a drive with the wife eventually ending up in Deming, NM. That's out in the middle of nowhere...... not to mention some of those people looked downright scary......... Inbreeding? The temps were in the low 100s and even the swamp coolers were having a hard time keeping it cool in the house, if they weren't on top of the roof they'd probably work better.

Mrs. R isn't liking her job there? I knew it would be a powerful culture shock for folks acclimated to Colorado and eastern metro areas.

You should plan to return to Deming in August for the annual duck races--Deming has been famous for them for as long as I can remember. And Deming used to have the best tasting water anywhere in the state, but we haven't been there for quite awhile now.

duck2015trans.gif

dlinea.gif
I doubt we'll go back to Deming unless we're stopping for a potty break on the way through.........

No, the job situation has gone from bad to worse, it honestly looks like someone(s) don't want her there and is trying to make life difficult to make her to make her quit and they're friends with the boss. Her boss thought that the wife would simply come in, wave a magic wand and everything would be done....... doesn't work that way so there's a real problem there.
The wife can't get any cooperation from people she needs stuff from (hording information) and her boss is blaming the wife for it claiming the reason being the wife's bad attitude (which she was written up for simply on the say-so of two of the bosses cohorts). She's ready to bolt!! If I had my disability coming in she'd have quit already.
She's busy tossing out resumes left and right, when we get something in NM or Colorado if they won't let us out of the lease we'll just let them evict us....... :eusa_whistle:

So sorry. An unsolvable toxic work environment compelled me to leave the last job I had and that's why Hombre and I went into business for ourselves. It just isn't worth it.
I agree. Unfortunately, the toxic environments I had to endure were in the military. Escape is not so easy, so you learn to cope. I have to admit that I was prey to clinical depression during the time I had to serve in that hell. I'd be just fine, but as I got closer as I drove to work, I got headaches, stomach aches, and my attitude went to hell. I usually ended up taking a "nap" after I got home that lasted until it was time to go to bed.
Yeah, the stress level among both of us is high, snapping at one another all too often and she has the upset stomach, insomnia, depression, headaches, loss of energy, etc.
She's considering going in tomorrow and giving them an ultimatum, let her do her job with appropriate help or fire her. I told her to document everything (and she has been) so if she does quit she can claim a hostile work environment and still collect unemployment.

Was out most of the day yesterday, went for a drive with the wife eventually ending up in Deming, NM. That's out in the middle of nowhere...... not to mention some of those people looked downright scary......... Inbreeding? The temps were in the low 100s and even the swamp coolers were having a hard time keeping it cool in the house, if they weren't on top of the roof they'd probably work better.

Mrs. R isn't liking her job there? I knew it would be a powerful culture shock for folks acclimated to Colorado and eastern metro areas.

You should plan to return to Deming in August for the annual duck races--Deming has been famous for them for as long as I can remember. And Deming used to have the best tasting water anywhere in the state, but we haven't been there for quite awhile now.

duck2015trans.gif

dlinea.gif
I doubt we'll go back to Deming unless we're stopping for a potty break on the way through.........

No, the job situation has gone from bad to worse, it honestly looks like someone(s) don't want her there and is trying to make life difficult to make her to make her quit and they're friends with the boss. Her boss thought that the wife would simply come in, wave a magic wand and everything would be done....... doesn't work that way so there's a real problem there.
The wife can't get any cooperation from people she needs stuff from (hording information) and her boss is blaming the wife for it claiming the reason being the wife's bad attitude (which she was written up for simply on the say-so of two of the bosses cohorts). She's ready to bolt!! If I had my disability coming in she'd have quit already.
She's busy tossing out resumes left and right, when we get something in NM or Colorado if they won't let us out of the lease we'll just let them evict us....... :eusa_whistle:

So sorry. An unsolvable toxic work environment compelled me to leave the last job I had and that's why Hombre and I went into business for ourselves. It just isn't worth it.
I agree. Unfortunately, the toxic environments I had to endure were in the military. Escape is not so easy, so you learn to cope. I have to admit that I was prey to clinical depression during the time I had to serve in that hell. I'd be just fine, but as I got closer as I drove to work, I got headaches, stomach aches, and my attitude went to hell. I usually ended up taking a "nap" after I got home that lasted until it was time to go to bed.
Yeah, the stress level among both of us is high, snapping at one another all too often and she has the upset stomach, insomnia, depression, headaches, loss of energy, etc.
She's considering going in tomorrow and giving them an ultimatum, let her do her job with appropriate help or fire her. I told her to document everything (and she has been) so if she does quit she can claim a hostile work environment and still collect unemployment.
Good luck. A shame shit like this happens to good people.

Meanwhile.....company left about 15 minutes ago. Funny how much one can be eager to see folks but then be eager for them to leave. We breathed a sigh of relief when they drove away and at the same time know we will miss them in a couple of days and wish they were back again. Oy.

Our company will be leaving in the morning--they're watching a John Wayne movie right now and I'm getting dinner started. I won't feel any relief when they go--it has been so great having this time with such great friends--but I confess I will need to recoup some energy and rest up a bit. But for now, life is good.

duck2015trans.gif

dlinea.gif

Both Hombre and I have been in that position as have both our kids. Hombre's wasn't so much a toxic work environment--as a branch manager he WAS the boss--but a situation in which he was burned out and stressed out under ever increasing demands and expectations of the job imposed on him by others. But life is just too short to spend every waking day dreading going to work and hating being there. Few of us are lucky enough to have jobs we would do for nothing, but to have a job that is satisfying and pleasant and fun, at least most of the time-- is a real blessing. I have had those too. But then too all jobs have a sucky side that we just have to put up with now and then.

So anyway, you two remain on the list until you find a resolution that works.

duck2015trans.gif

dlinea.gif

Both Hombre and I have been in that position as have both our kids. Hombre's wasn't so much a toxic work environment--as a branch manager he WAS the boss--but a situation in which he was burned out and stressed out under ever increasing demands and expectations of the job imposed on him by others. But life is just too short to spend every waking day dreading going to work and hating being there. Few of us are lucky enough to have jobs we would do for nothing, but to have a job that is satisfying and pleasant and fun, at least most of the time-- is a real blessing. I have had those too. But then too all jobs have a sucky side that we just have to put up with now and then.

So anyway, you two remain on the list until you find a resolution that works.
Thanks.
The worst part is she can do the job, she knows it with her eyes closed and she wants to do the job but her boss and coworkers won't cooperate. They have government imposed deadlines to meet, the person (trying) to do the job before (another friend of the boss who got promoted.......) didn't know what she was doing then grudgingly shared little of what she had done before moving to her new position. Hopefully upper management will make some changes when they get nailed with a $50K fine........ Hell, her boss might be under the gun, know it's not going to happen and using the wife as a scape-goat. :dunno:

I am confused, is it today, or yesterday? I cannot sleep again so I got up at 5.30 AM on Monday morning. It is now just coming up to 6AM. I think that means America is still on yesterday.
As for me I had a phone call from my landlords yesterday. They want to bring an electrician to inspect the wiring.
Firstly that means I have got to clean up the flat, and secondly I dread the possibility that the flat will have to be rewired. That means my having to move all my furniture and book cases around while they pull up the floorboards. It will be a nightmare. I am, to say the least of it, very cluttered up. Moving everything around will be chaos.

Ran the wife to work then over to Wally World for some much needed items, the pantry was getting low. Was going to go by the service center for the wifes Prius, a check AC connection message had come on the center display last Saturday but decided to go home and make an appointment instead of waiting a couple of hours just to have them look at it.

Good morning all. We just hugged our friends goodbye and wished them safe travels and a pleasant journey home to Kansas. The house seems errily empty and quiet. But it will be good to kick back and relax for the day until the next wave hits next weekend. Our daughter and son-in-law arrive the second week in July so we have a bit of a lull between waves.

And boy can I relate to Dajjal's predicament of having unexpected visitors when you aren't ready for them. But sometimes we need that little extra push to get the stuff done we've been putting off for weeks. And once it is done, it feels good.

We'll be pushing 100 today but then a cooling trend is predicted so that we'll drop into the low to mid 90's for the rest of the week and be back into the 80's by the weekend. That is unusually cool for us during what is normally the hottest weeks of the summer.

Sitting here and all of a sudden Giz jumps up out of the chair he was sleeping in, runs and bounces off the back slider then tears around the house then jumps back in the chair and starts attacking the throw....... Kittens are so much fun. :lol:

This is supposed to be our last 100+ degree day this week.... good. Last night we went to bed the house was still "warm", woke up this morning and the house was still "warm". Checked the air coming out of the swamp coolers, nice and cool then I realized what we had done. All but one window on the other side of the house was closed, cracked open a few more and sure enough, the temp in the house started dropping rapidly. :thup:

I am confused, is it today, or yesterday? I cannot sleep again so I got up at 5.30 AM on Monday morning. It is now just coming up to 6AM. I think that means America is still on yesterday.
As for me I had a phone call from my landlords yesterday. They want to bring an electrician to inspect the wiring.
Firstly that means I have got to clean up the flat, and secondly I dread the possibility that the flat will have to be rewired. That means my having to move all my furniture and book cases around while they pull up the floorboards. It will be a nightmare. I am, to say the least of it, very cluttered up. Moving everything around will be chaos.
Two things, once it's done, it shouldn't have to be done again in your lifetime; and there is the peace of mind of having safe wiring in your flat.

Made it up to Willow this afternoon. Got the stuff unloaded, the cats and dog settled in and am now just kicked back, enjoying the peace and quiet and the wonderful smells of the woods. I usually bring the little dog and at least my "old lady" cat. The second cat is Sherman's favorite punching bag, so I'm trying to give her a stress-free break, too.
This is the only place I put dog food out for the dog. She usually eats cat food. So who goes and eats the dog food? Of course, one of the cats.
Temps here are a tolerable high-60's, low-70's range. We've an overcast and a light wind. I think I'll finally hang the wind chimes outside. I have several wind chimes, love the sound of them. My largest are almost as long as I am tall, and range down to tiny little tinklers.

My optimism tank is low. Slow sales, too much rain, mosquitos and two coworkers are reducing my happy per day mileage.

Sitting here and all of a sudden Giz jumps up out of the chair he was sleeping in, runs and bounces off the back slider then tears around the house then jumps back in the chair and starts attacking the throw....... Kittens are so much fun. :lol:

It must have been one heck of dream that he had. :)

This is supposed to be our last 100+ degree day this week.... good. Last night we went to bed the house was still "warm", woke up this morning and the house was still "warm". Checked the air coming out of the swamp coolers, nice and cool then I realized what we had done. All but one window on the other side of the house was closed, cracked open a few more and sure enough, the temp in the house started dropping rapidly. :thup:

Happy to hear that you are getting cooler.
We are at 104 right now and it is suppose to be over a hundred everyday for the rest of the week. :(

Happy to hear that you are getting cooler.
We are at 104 right now and it is suppose to be over a hundred everyday for the rest of the week. :(
104?!!! That sucks! I cannot imagine 104 here.

My optimism tank is low. Slow sales, too much rain, mosquitos and two coworkers are reducing my happy per day mileage.

I was wondering how the new gig was going for you. Hoping this is just one of those yucky patches we all have now and then.

It was tough from the start as the prior manager didn't want anyone to know until the last thirty minutes of work. He didn't want to deal with emotions from coworkers or himself. As a result there was massive panic and confusion. It was made worse by the owner not doing much beyond giving me the manager's office and a brief manager's meeting to announce the change. Hopefully that is clarified in the next six weeks as I assume additional roles formally and some type of announcement is made. Most likely my job will be dual used car and new car manger as well as assistant general manager. Basically what I am doing already. This will eliminate a competing manager's run at the assistant general's position. Power struggles are stupid, I just want to get the job done and grow the business.

The other issue is one I have touched on before with a female coworker who claims to be a friend, but frequently does very hurtful and disloyal things.

Forum List

Back