USMB Coffee Shop IV

It appears we had a gully washer last night, probably what triggered the sinus issues. Took the wife to work and mostly stayed out of the right lane, that's where the water pools. Talking with someone a couple of days ago who told me this region has had a large increase in moisture (and humidity) over the last decade, when the streets were put in rain was scarce so drainage was not something they took into account.

Hey we need to get this vigil list pared down. Save and Mrs. L are probably where we need to be, so that can come off. This is a great week to get well, find a new medicine or doctor. Meet the Lord part way.

Hey we need to get this vigil list pared down. Save and Mrs. L are probably where we need to be, so that can come off. This is a great week to get well, find a new medicine or doctor. Meet the Lord part way.

Will do Save. Hope things are going well for you and yours. It is good to take people off the list because they don't need to be there anymore.

Well, I said I would keep you all updated. I didn't end up getting that job. :(

So sorry Chris. I know you wanted that job really really bad. But don't give up. It is so easy to become discouraged and stop trying, but somewhere out there is the right job for you. Just thank them for their consideration along with a polite and 'unneedy' request to be considered for the next opening. When I was hiring very often the one who swayed me in his/her favor was the one who seemed to want to work the most.

So sorry Chris. I know you wanted that job really really bad. But don't give up. It is so easy to become discouraged and stop trying, but somewhere out there is the right job for you. Just thank them for their consideration along with a polite and 'unneedy' request to be considered for the next opening.

In the email they sent, they said that they encourage me to apply for other open positions at the hospital and that several other departments are hiring right now, so I'm going to do that today.

Thanks. :)

So sorry Chris. I know you wanted that job really really bad. But don't give up. It is so easy to become discouraged and stop trying, but somewhere out there is the right job for you. Just thank them for their consideration along with a polite and 'unneedy' request to be considered for the next opening.

In the email they sent, they said that they encourage me to apply for other open positions at the hospital and that several other departments are hiring right now, so I'm going to do that today.

Due to Hombre being transferred so often in our earlier years of marriage, I had to start over from scratch in each new place. And sometimes it took a LOT of applications and a lot of interviews for a LOT of different jobs before the right fit opened up. One of my kids has a PhD and a resume that won't quit, but this kid has been passed over for dozens of jobs before one opened up. The other kid probably sent out a hundred resumes and interviewed for a dozen different jobs before the current one was offered that has turned out to be wonderful.

Due to Hombre being transferred so often in our earlier years of marriage, I had to start over from scratch in each new place. And sometimes it took a LOT of applications and a lot of interviews for a LOT of different jobs before the right fit opened up. One of my kids has a PhD and a resume that won't quit, but this kid has been passed over for dozens of jobs before one opened up. The other kid probably sent out a hundred resumes and interviewed for a dozen different jobs before the current one was offered that has turned out to be wonderful.

I can imagine that must have been a pain to have to start over every time. Lol. :D Yes, the job market is very competitive right now and there aren't a whole lot of jobs available either.

I just assume they probably hired someone with more real life experience in medical records department. I really don't have a lot of experience doing that. I've done it in the past but that was a long time ago. They liked that I have the skills in medical terminology though. That was a plus on my side, but experience was not. :)

Anyway, they have several openings, and I'll apply for those and see what happens from there!

I can imagine that must have been a pain to have to start over every time. Lol. :D Yes, the job market is very competitive right now and there aren't a whole lot of jobs available either.

I just assume they probably hired someone with more real life experience in medical records department. I really don't have a lot of experience doing that. I've done it in the past but that was a long time ago. They liked that I have the skills in medical terminology though. That was a plus on my side, but experience was not. :)

Anyway, they have several openings, and I'll apply for those and see what happens from there!
The biggest problem getting into medical records these days is knowing the current software. The real issue is you have to be in the job to learn the software........ The wife had years of medical records...... eons ago., that's why she ended up in ACA compliance & training, she couldn't get a job in medical records which was a good thing as ACA compliance & training pays lots more. A whole lots more........ :thup:

Thunder storms rolling through Foley this morning. The satellite was out for a few minutes, even.
I had trouble sleeping myself. Was up at dawn and sat here at the computer for a while, ate a cookie and went back to bed. Slept til 10:20

I'm home. I thanked them for the legal high, and not feeling a damn thing. I go in for consultation on the 23rd as to the findings, but Doc did come tell me this time he got all the way up and NO CANCER. He said something about diverticulitis but I was still kinda loopy so not sure if he said it was bad or mild. From how he acted, he seemed happy at what he DIDN'T find.

Anyway..took an hour to do both procedures. Came home, ATE FOOD and now I might go take a nap since last night and early this morning was not fun. I got about 3 hours sleep total. Counting the Knock Out Legal High, 4 hours sleep.

Yawn.

Thank y'all for your prayers. I heard what I wanted to hear. NO CANCER.

I'm home. I thanked them for the legal high, and not feeling a damn thing. I go in for consultation on the 23rd as to the findings, but Doc did come tell me this time he got all the way up and NO CANCER. He said something about diverticulitis but I was still kinda loopy so not sure if he said it was bad or mild. From how he acted, he seemed happy at what he DIDN'T find.

Anyway..took an hour to do both procedures. Came home, ATE FOOD and now I might go take a nap since last night and early this morning was not fun. I got about 3 hours sleep total. Counting the Knock Out Legal High, 4 hours sleep.

Yawn.

Yawn.

So really good news. So happy for you.

Forum List

Back