USMB Coffee Shop IV

Morning !

funny-animals-1513.jpg

ChrisL I have seen maybe 20 or 30 times now that clip of the great white shark barely missing the one seal who made it to the beach and the shark then catching a less speedy, less fortunate seal with quite graphic blood and gore obvious.

What so far nobody has mentioned, is that great white was 30 feet off the Massachusetts coast!! Wouldn't you think that should be news?

Nah, it's just a shock. :D Lots of shocks around here.

ChrisL I have seen maybe 20 or 30 times now that clip of the great white shark barely missing the one seal who made it to the beach and the shark then catching a less speedy, less fortunate seal with quite graphic blood and gore obvious.

What so far nobody has mentioned, is that great white was 30 feet off the Massachusetts coast!! Wouldn't you think that should be news?

Holy cow. And people go in the water there? I've read that your chances of getting attacked by a shark are about the same as being hit by lightning. But I don't go stand outside and tempt fate during a lightning storm either.

Well slept for roughly 7 hours, maybe 5 hours of fairly solid sleep. Had the mask on all night with the humidifier on low (number 2 setting) and I've been coughing up phlegm all morning. Actually feel more tired than usual, I'll try it tonight without the humidifier.

I got my game, Hearthstone, running in Linux. Then, after an embarrassingly long time trying to use WINE, I found out that Steam on Linux will let me use my games purchased for Windows to be downloaded for Steam.

I actually ended up loading kubuntu and am playing with it now.

I got my game, Hearthstone, running in Linux. Then, after an embarrassingly long time trying to use WINE, I found out that Steam on Linux will let me use my games purchased for Windows to be downloaded for Steam.

Do you play Hearthstone against other players? Or just against the computer?

Do you play Hearthstone against other players? Or just against the computer?

You can play against the computer and there are a couple of card expansions you get from single player play, but for the most part you play other people.

I like it because it's well made, I have been a fan of collectible card games in the past (I played Magic:The Gathering for years and spent way too much money on it), and you can play entirely for free. Playing free means you will start out with fewer cards than other people and it will take time to get better ones, but at this point I have a decent collection.

I might test out Diablo 3 at some point. That's the only other Blizzard game I play at all, although they have a FPS coming out that might be free; if it's free I'll try it. :)

Holy cow. And people go in the water there? I've read that your chances of getting attacked by a shark are about the same as being hit by lightning. But I don't go stand outside and tempt fate during a lightning storm either.

I go in the water. :) I like to ride the waves. What I don't like to do is go out on a boat and dive off into the deeper water. That is just creepy. Anything could be swimming around down there. When I was about 12, I went for a weekend sailing expedition with my girlfriend and her family. We anchored out in the deep water, and I dove in and it was pitch black and I felt like I just kept going deeper and deeper and the water got colder and colder. It was really kind of frightening, TBH. I swam back to the surface and remained on the boat for the rest of the day. :lol:

I go in the water. :) I like to ride the waves. What I don't like to do is go out on a boat and dive off into the deeper water. That is just creepy. Anything could be swimming around down there. When I was about 12, I went for a weekend sailing expedition with my girlfriend and her family. We anchored out in the deep water, and I dove in and it was pitch black and I felt like I just kept going deeper and deeper and the water got colder and colder. It was really kind of frightening, TBH. I swam back to the surface and remained on the boat for the rest of the day. :lol:

Well just be aware I think. The theory is that increased populations and warmer temperatures put more people into the water all the time plus conservation efforts have increased seal and sea lion populations many times over and both situations are creating smorgasbords for sharks, especially in three to six feet of water. More food supply, more sharks. But the most fatal attacks are usually in deeper waters. I understand they are working on a shark repellent that folks would wear like a deodorant to make the person very unappealing to a shark. That seems to be the best answer..

Oh and Happy Friday and good morning everybody. Seems just like yesterday that I was asking if anybody is doing anything fun for last weekend. And here we are again. Hombre and I don't really have anything special planned this weekend, but we manage to keep busy doing something.

Chickenshit..... :D

When I was in Panama we would go deep sea fishing on the Captains Gig or the Admirals Barge, one was a 25 footer the other a 30 footer. One time we came across a Whale Shark and played with it for about an hour before it finally disappeared. It was longer than the boat and it's head was almost as wide as the boat but they're harmless.

divershark_cs.jpg

Forum List

Back