USMB Coffee Shop IV

This is the one I found online
They are really nice and the price is really reasonable.

282RKX | The Great Outdoors RV

11.jpg

The Inside is beautiful.

21.jpg

Last edited:
This is the one I found online
They are really nice and the price is really reasonable.

282RKX | The Great Outdoors RV

11.jpg

The Inside is beautiful.

21.jpg

If that is the only fire extinguisher, it is in the wrong place though. There are two legitimate uses for a fire extinguisher: 1) to put out a fire and 2) to clear a path to the exit so you can escape a fire. That one wouldn't be all that convenient for #1 and useless for #2. (I think I might have been an adjuster and safety inspector for too long. :))

The son of some of our best friends in Kansas--a kid who was in our son's class in school and a friend, in my Sunday School class and in Hombre's scout troop--now has grown kids of his own. How does that happen? This probably won't mean as much to you guys as it does to us, but his daughter is an event planner--parties, weddings, etc. And I thought this creation she prepared for the snack table at a baby shower today is absolutely genius:
12036797_10207529569027768_2835358630988109034_n.jpg

Happy Birthday to you Foxy. Hope you have a wonderful day. Mrs. BBD's birthday is coming up before long. Think I'll take her down to the truck stop and let her eat from the buffet. I think that's pretty thoughtful.

Thank you all dear friend for the birthday wishes. We did have a really nice day--a good meal with friends and family tonight at a place called Cheddars--surprisingly good food and a lot of it at a surprisingly modest cost--sort of like a big truck stop BBD. :) It felt good to be out and about like a normal person again--and we're looking forward to our son and daughter-in-law and granddaughter's arrival tomorrow. But of course we goofed off today so will have to hit the deck early in the morning to get ready for company.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Hossfly for wellness for his trip this week,
Gracie's Karma,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

adobe_hacienda_bed_breakfast_sedona_arizona-main.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Good morning everybody. We're taking a quick 'breakfast' break amidst some flurry of housekeeping touch ups in advance of arrival of our son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter later this morning. A gorgeous morning here--feeling more like autumn as each day goes by. I noticed that it was still dark outside when I got up this morning--days are definitely getting shorter. Hope everybody is looking forward to a great Sunday.

Good morning everybody. We're taking a quick 'breakfast' break amidst some flurry of housekeeping touch ups in advance of arrival of our son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter later this morning. A gorgeous morning here--feeling more like autumn as each day goes by. I noticed that it was still dark outside when I got up this morning--days are definitely getting shorter. Hope everybody is looking forward to a great Sunday.
It was still dark when I woke up too, so I went back to sleep until almost 10.
Since Mrs Ernie has been gone, housekeeping has suffered even more here at Casa de Ernie. I figure I'll run a load of dishes this evening and have a lady come in and shine the place up. I vow not to go crazy and clean up before she gets here. I want to get my money's worth.

Thank you all dear friend for the birthday wishes. We did have a really nice day--a good meal with friends and family tonight at a place called Cheddars--surprisingly good food and a lot of it at a surprisingly modest cost--sort of like a big truck stop BBD. :) It felt good to be out and about like a normal person again--and we're looking forward to our son and daughter-in-law and granddaughter's arrival tomorrow. But of course we goofed off today so will have to hit the deck early in the morning to get ready for company.

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Gracie's Karma,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Years ago when living in Springfield, MO, we used to go to Cheddar's and they had these awesome onion straws. A few years back I visited a Cheddar's in Clearwater, FL, and they now have the thick onion rings. I prefer the thinner ones.

Since Mrs Ernie has been gone, housekeeping has suffered even more here at Casa de Ernie. I figure I'll run a load of dishes this evening and have a lady come in and shine the place up. I vow not to go crazy and clean up before she gets here. I want to get my money's worth.

I pretty much take the same view Ernie. Our house cleaning service charges us the same amount if they are here for 30 minutes or for the full hour and a half that we pay for. So I figure let's get our money's worth--after I tidy up a bit so they won't think we're complete slobs of course. But Hombre will go so far to mop the worst of the kitchen splatters and vacuum the worst of the crumbs around the couch before they get here--by the time he is ready for the cleaning crew we almost don't need it any more. :)

I pretty much take the same view Ernie. Our house cleaning service charges us the same amount if they are here for 30 minutes or for the full hour and a half that we pay for. So I figure let's get our money's worth--after I tidy up a bit so they won't think we're complete slobs of course. But Hombre will go so far to mop the worst of the kitchen splatters and vacuum the worst of the crumbs around the couch before they get here--by the time he is ready for the cleaning crew we almost don't need it any more. :)
I definitely need help here. I clean up the infrequent doggie mishap and wash dishes when I run low, but I'm not terribly concerned with much else, though I do enjoy a clean house.

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Gracie's Karma,

Years ago when living in Springfield, MO, we used to go to Cheddar's and they had these awesome onion straws. A few years back I visited a Cheddar's in Clearwater, FL, and they now have the thick onion rings. I prefer the thinner ones.
Tried Cheddars once here in El Paso, hadn't heard of it before. I agree the food was not too bad and it was modestly priced but it was loud, very loud and the interior design amplified the noise level and made it echo, not a pleasant experience unless one is into that kind of thing.

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Gracie's Karma,

Tried Cheddars once here in El Paso, hadn't heard of it before. I agree the food was not too bad and it was modestly priced but it was loud, very loud and the interior design amplified the noise level and made it echo, not a pleasant experience unless one is into that kind of thing.

It seems most of the chain restaurants are noisy if you go at peak times. I prefer to go to restaurants and the movies during off hours with no crowds. Although somehow when we're first in at a matinee, another couple comes in and sits right behind us.:lol:

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Gracie's Karma,

It seems most of the chain restaurants are noisy if you go at peak times. I prefer to go to restaurants and the movies during off hours with no crowds. Although somehow when we're first in at a matinee, another couple comes in and sits right behind us.:lol:
Even in off peak times the volume is still somewhat high (mostly "background" music), seems that's what the "kids" these days want. As more people arrive the conversation level rises then they pump up the music level till it finally get to a point where one can't hear themselves think.

Looks like it's gonna be stormy for the next 3+ days, overcast, lots of rain and high humidity, well, high for this area. Feeling muggy now and it's only at about 55%, the only blessing is it's going to stay in the upper 70s, low to mid 80s over that period.
What's amazing is I actually slept for a full 8 hours last night, don't remember waking up even once. How I managed that I don't know but I like it....... :D

Some folders just randomly disappeared off of my Vista desktop. The folders still exist, I can find them through the start menu, but I am having to copy/paste them back onto the desktop. Hooray for random computer glitches! :mad:

That is my only real complaint about Cheddars as well as Cracker Barrel and several other popular places around here. They are very noisy and I too don't like that. But it doesn't seem to hurt their business--they sure are packed all the time.

Some folders just randomly disappeared off of my Vista desktop. The folders still exist, I can find them through the start menu, but I am having to copy/paste them back onto the desktop. Hooray for random computer glitches! :mad:
Apparently it's a random "bug" that was never corrected by Microsoft in Vista, happens more if your desktop folders link to websites.

Forum List

Back