USMB Coffee Shop IV

7.jpg

A very Happy Hump day to everyone....:)

Today is "Go Fishing Day". Good excuse to skip out of work to go fishing...

ana-fishing.jpg

Hmmm, catch a big fish, gut it, clean it, fry it, serve it with coleslaw, fries, maybe some apple sauce or potatoes.

Food, glorious food!!!
Hmmm ... now that you mention it, fried catfish would hit the spot. :D

I was brought up on fresh catfish. It was cut into large chunks and deep fried to a golden-brown. It was always served with french fries, hush puppies, ( no, not the shoes lol ) and coleslaw with a large slice of onion. :D

Soul food from the South! Can't beat it.

Since leaving that area, wild salmon is my fish of choice. I also like...no make that love...deep fried halibut with fries and tarter sauce, and a slice of onion. This is a meal I have once every year or two. I just rarely do fried foods. :thup: There hasn't been any kind of oil in my place in 15 years, at least, with the exception of extra virgin olive oil for salads.

Morning everyone

Oh noes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our Coffee maker went south.
NO COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!
Emergency! Emergency!!!!!!!!!!

Sent hubby to town to get a new one.

NO brain function until new one arrives.
Talk to you all later when I get some coffee in me. :)

You realize I am gonna rep for you that, right?!?! :thup:

I love catfish, trout, pike and above all, Salmon.

SALMON!!!

Now, we need to think of a good sauce to go with that. Tartar Sauce is just so 2013, you know.

:D
With catfish, you can't go wrong with a Cajun sauce. OLD BAY seasoning will work.

Cajun sauce:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon OLD BAY® Seasoning
1 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder

Mix the following in a medium bowl ... mayo, milk, OLD BAY, thyme, honey and garlic powder until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

There ya go, buddy. Now, ladies and gentlemen, here is a man who knows his quality food!!

Hmmm, catch a big fish, gut it, clean it, fry it, serve it with coleslaw, fries, maybe some apple sauce or potatoes.

Food, glorious food!!!

I was brought up on fresh catfish. It was cut into large chunks and deep fried to a golden-brown. It was always served with french fries, hush puppies, ( no, not the shoes lol ) and coleslaw with a large slice of onion. :D

Soul food from the South! Can't beat it.

Since leaving that area, wild salmon is my fish of choice. I also like...no make that love...deep fried halibut with fries and tarter sauce, and a slice of onion. This is a meal I have once every year or two. I just rarely do fried foods. :thup: There hasn't been any kind of oil in my place in 15 years, at least, with the exception of extra virgin olive oil for salads.

There ya go. Now, ladies and gentlemen, here is a fine lady who knows how to eat good fish!!!

Salmon, Salmon!!!

So, this morning was a snowstorm, icicles all over the place.

Ok, I was just pulling your leg.

It's hot as h-e-double-fiddlesticks here, but a guy can dream, right?

:D
It feels like a greenhouse outside! Hot, humid and sticky this is the air we dreamed of in mid February. If you are a plant, being outside in the upper Ohio River valley today, June 18, 2014 is the best possible place to be.

Now, if you're a construction worker repaving our devastated streets and roads, being outside today June 18, 2014 is a miserable experience. But is still beats being outside on January 14, 2014!

It's just not fair that the same part of the country that freezes for five months must then adjust to hothouse conditions for another five months. Come and visit us in October or April. Not only does nature put on its best performances in the hardwood forests, but the air... The air is fresh and clear and cool to the lungs.

Hubby went in and got a new coffee maker.

He went over to the neighbors to get his coffee. He could not wait while I washed everything and put plain water through the new maker and then made coffee.
I don't blame him, after all he had to drive to town without coffee in him to the store. :)

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I iz OKzs now

Before-coffee-and-after-coffee.jpg

Forum List

Back