USMB Coffee Shop IV

Been refinishing a heavy wood deck rocker (painted). Needed some more primer so I picked up a can of cheap no name brand at Wallyworld....... Buy a $1.75 can of paint, get a $1.75 can of paint....... I know better but still, live and learn......... Now I have to go back....... later.........
:cranky:

:eek:

I have been staining the deck of our rebuilt back porch this weekend. Purchased a $58.29 gallon of Benjamin Moore Barn Red stain.
Works like a charm doesn't it...... :thup:

Cooler temps and some rain yesterday did not help. Left butt cheek on my jeans is barn red.
Yeah but try it with some cheap off brand and perfect temps and conditions won't help........ :eusa_whistle:

The pigeons are working on getting us trained...... If we don't get the leftover popcorn out early enough they come over to the back slider and start pacing back and forth and looking in the house. Of course the cats are right there running back and forth wanting to get at the pigeons........ :lol:
Eat and be eaten, the law of the jungle. Pigeons better be careful!

I've been watching the weather news down Ringel's way. Hope it isn't too torrential. Since our close call earlier this year, and seeing all the devastation in other parts of the country, I'm watching weather in other places lots more closely.
I'm planning on ordering a pair of draw knives. I want to build a pole barn next summer to house my goats when I move to my "country" place permanently. The price of lumber the size I need it is outrageous. BINGO! I have 200 acres of birch and spruce trees. There's almost an acre's worth of birch stacked and seasoned. So I figure, pole barn needs poles, I'll skin and trim the requisite trees into poles and use those. Cheap if one discounts the sweat equity in such a project. And, if I get this University job, I'll have a couple of months to work on this project (among others). So, I meet my partner for breakfast this morning and start to tell him my plan. Well, first, that's too much work. So I offer to find someone who will mill the lumber...what am I, made of money?!! So one plan is too much work (work I will be doing, mind you) and the other plan costs too much. And this from a guy who just blew a couple thousand dollars buying a snow machine neither of us will use! Oh, F**k him! I've ordered the draw knives and will be working as often as possible on my barn. I'm also smart enough to rent a post hole digger for the poles, unlike ass-man, who would rather dig them by hand.
Shit, I wish I could marry this ass so I could file for divorce the very next week! Getting rid of business partners seems a tad more problematic than "firing" domestic partners.
Thanks for letting me vent. You guys are gems.

I've been watching the weather news down Ringel's way. Hope it isn't too torrential. Since our close call earlier this year, and seeing all the devastation in other parts of the country, I'm watching weather in other places lots more closely.
I'm planning on ordering a pair of draw knives. I want to build a pole barn next summer to house my goats when I move to my "country" place permanently. The price of lumber the size I need it is outrageous. BINGO! I have 200 acres of birch and spruce trees. There's almost an acre's worth of birch stacked and seasoned. So I figure, pole barn needs poles, I'll skin and trim the requisite trees into poles and use those. Cheap if one discounts the sweat equity in such a project. And, if I get this University job, I'll have a couple of months to work on this project (among others). So, I meet my partner for breakfast this morning and start to tell him my plan. Well, first, that's too much work. So I offer to find someone who will mill the lumber...what am I, made of money?!! So one plan is too much work (work I will be doing, mind you) and the other plan costs too much. And this from a guy who just blew a couple thousand dollars buying a snow machine neither of us will use! Oh, F**k him! I've ordered the draw knives and will be working as often as possible on my barn. I'm also smart enough to rent a post hole digger for the poles, unlike ass-man, who would rather dig them by hand.
Shit, I wish I could marry this ass so I could file for divorce the very next week! Getting rid of business partners seems a tad more problematic than "firing" domestic partners.
You can marry him, it's legal now....... Hey, it just might work...... :lol:

The pigeons are working on getting us trained...... If we don't get the leftover popcorn out early enough they come over to the back slider and start pacing back and forth and looking in the house. Of course the cats are right there running back and forth wanting to get at the pigeons........ :lol:
The "kids" were out when we tossed the popcorn in the yard this morning, Claudette the brave landed and started eating, the "kids" just looked and at her and went back to what they were doing and ignored her.

You can marry him, it's legal now....... Hey, it just might work...... :lol:
Uh...no. Not my type, although I think I'd do it if I could convince him. Unfortunately, he equates marriage with an available recipient of his...ummm....physical attentions. Not really my cup of tea. He's still wishing for a crack whore or a bar fly who will bear him a child and then abandon both.

The "kids" were out when we tossed the popcorn in the yard this morning, Claudette the brave landed and started eating, the "kids" just looked and at her and went back to what they were doing and ignored her.
I always got a kick out of watching my fur-babies lingering at the window and "chattering" at the moose in the yard. Yeah, like they'd take those monsters down and eat them, fur and all!

11049532_1210394085642808_5162035497127846336_n.jpg

Back in March I mentioned resigning from our local airport advisory committee. I cited several reason in my letter of resignation, most of them pointing to an uncooperative airport manger. I happened to read a local newspaper the other day and found an article talking about the airport manager's firing and what the reasons for his dismal were. No one would give a reason, but apparently reference was given to my letter and all of what I had stated has been revealed to be factual. On the one hand I feel vindicated about my decision to leave the board and write the resignation letter. I feel some good can come out of my frustration. On the other hand I am saddened the manager could not change for his own benefit.

I decided to be a kid today. So...I built a fort in the back yard. I used sarongs, a patio umbrella, and decorated the inside all cozy comfy complete with my lounge chair and soft pillows. I also have to almost crawl in there to get inside..which puts it in the fort category. I hope it is sturdy enough to withstand winds and rain. But just in case..I have lots of tarps :).

It was fun!

I built the self esteem of a 16 year old this afternoon. Great kid and I look forward to her making a difference in the world.

I can hear Oktoberfest going on..bands, lots of whooping and hollering...and down the street there is no place to park due to all the cars. I decided this morning to avoid it. Too many people in one spot. Germy people. And I already am beginning to get an ear ache and my sinuses are fucked up. Don't know if it is allergies or the start of a cold but I ain't taking any chances so....I decided a fort would be nice.And it kept me busy.

Forum List

Back