USMB Coffee Shop IV

Raining here! Yay!

Hope it is still raining this morning Gracie and wish you could shoo some of that our way--sunny here for as far as the weather eye can see.
Supposed to rain again but so far..nothing but blue skies.

Well, at least you have had rain to remember. :) I suspect a number of our friends here have a hard time empathizing with those of us who relish the rain.

Oops.....no more blue sky! Had to take the dogs real quick cuz it's getting dark out there with clouds...angry black and gray clouds. Supposed to rain on and off today but at least I was lucky to have my morning coffee outside under blue skies. Now, not so blue, lol. Good. We need another drink!

And...on a lighter note:

dcb29c870177b6adb8aefce48eeac3c1.jpg

:banned03:

Quick trip to thinner air Thursday through Sunday. The grandcat and I are well acquainted now. Back to building vehicle inventory and selling a few too.

Raining here! Yay!

Hope it is still raining this morning Gracie and wish you could shoo some of that our way--sunny here for as far as the weather eye can see.
Supposed to rain again but so far..nothing but blue skies.

Well, at least you have had rain to remember. :) I suspect a number of our friends here have a hard time empathizing with those of us who relish the rain.

We have had wet weather for at least 2 weeks now. I'd be happy if it dried up. :p

Every now and then you see something that makes you question that old saying that 'there is nothing new under the sun':

11219057_10206635746525556_5765101100972055222_n.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
GW's new job and water logged goats,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern with a special RIP for Bert.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

th

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Gracie's Karma,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

10478526_10152514201780119_9174203587794373265_n.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.
I am so oing to save that picture and build one for my B&B!

TK, and TK's grandma,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,

th

Thank you for including my prospective job and goats. The funding won't be there for the job before next summer and it's finally frozen here and the goats no longer have to wade through mud.

Today is the day I start my training for my new job. I have to be there at 8:30. They are training me on first shift this week. Then, when I come home, I have to do my regular job, so I have really busy day today, but I'm ready to go already! :D I'm all showered and dressed and just killing time until 8:00 rolls around. :) Have a good Tuesday, everyone!

a52626b0adfda7f039ab5674fdee08c9.jpg
Surprising how many of us opt to keep two jobs until the new job pans out.

Good morning all. I was just looking at this video and thinking what a neat alternative to the more complicated means of getting away from it all without giving up the comforts of home. They didn't mention a price tag for this though:

Yeah.....that doesn't have the comforts of home. :p Space is one of the comforts of home!

Also, that seems way too claustrophobic for me. :)

The space is the environment you put it in though. I like it because it is little and would be easy to tow, would not require a lot of set up, and you could put it anywhere to get out of the elements, sleep warm and dry, or fix breakfast when it is raining and the wood is wet.

Oddly enough, I have evolved from tent to RV to a small cabin. Two floors, three bedrooms, less than 1000 sqft. Amazing how much less space you need when you have to cut wood for heat!

Last night after 3 days of blinding headaches I finally did something I should have been doing all along, I checked my blood pressure. No wonder I was having massive headaches!!!! It was in the high 150s over the high 90s, very high for me so at 2 AM I went to the Beaumont ER. They tested everything heart related and a few other things but could not determine any reason for the raised BP or headaches. They did give me a medication cocktail that put me out all the rest of the night and I was released to go home at 8:30 this morning. Fed the cats and went to bed sleeping until 2 PM was up for about 45 minutes than back to bed for another hour and a half....... That was some cocktail.

Finally did figure out what I'm absolutely sure is the problem. Something is blocking the absorption of the medications into my system, okay, what am I doing differently in the last 3 - 4 weeks........ Metamucil, I started taking generic Metamucil during that period but more importantly I started taking it with my medications, bad idea. Psyllium husk expands very quickly into a gelatinous mass, in my case the meds were being trapped in that mass and I was able to only absorb some of the medication. So no taking my meds with the Metamucil anymore.
Glad you figured it out. Mr G takes dulcolax. I can't. I take these gelatous pills to soften stool...not make me "go". I don't need any help for that, lol. But the Doc-Q-Lace works great...and my dr said it is a more natural way to..well..do your thang. Maybe google it, Ringel?

Also..my BP has been 160 over 85 for the past month. I take my BP meds faithfully, so after doing blood tests, Dr and I talked about it today. There is nothing more I can take to make it go down, so we think its stress. I don't think I am stressing, but I probably am...hence the weird dreams, too.
You have a lot of stress you are dealing with too. That might be why yours is so high.
I am surprised that losing weight brought my BP down to "normal" levels. They are still high by younger standards, but normal otherwise. Changing diet is tough, but I am so encouraged by the results, I am determined to maintain the diet I prefer now.

For us, I am trying to incorporate more healthy fruits and veggies and far fewer deep fried proteins and such and that has resulted in some good things. But we still indulge in those things we love that are supposed to be bad for us too. I think if we deprive ourselves of everything bad for us, it is harder to feel good about the good stuff.
The trick is, allow yourself an occasional treat but don't fall back into including such things in a daily diet.

Well, my first day of my new job was orientation. Then some actual training yesterday. I'm beat though! :D Things will be more normalized when I finish my training in about two weeks. It's going to take so long because they need to train me on every shift. Night shifts are different than day shifts, with different protocols because supervisors may not be immediately available. Anyway, things will be more calm after training. Once I'm done with the training period, it's only going to be per diem.
I much prefer night shift. Many reasons but traffic is the most compelling. The second most compelling reason being the lack of "suits".

The wind and rain have conspired to strip the last of the autumn leaves from the trees. All but the oaks, which will be denuded during the first snowfall. So now the ground is carpeted with gold and russet and brown leaves sweetly decaying and giving off the aroma of autumn. This coming weekend will have the sounds of the last passes of lawn mowers trimming the grass and vacuuming up the leaves.

It used to be my job to rake and mow the lawn of my elderly uncle Alex, pronounced with the Scottish brough "Elec". He lived a few blocks from the Big House and had the one yard that rivaled ours as the biggest in the neighborhood. But Uncle Alex would never concede to a pick up football game or a lively session of Red Rover played in his yard. No, Uncle Alex's yard was strictly there so I would mow and rake it.

Alex was never big on technical innovations. His idea of high tech was a color television, without remote control or cable. Similarly, his lawn mower was all human powered. An old fashioned reel mower that required sharpening the four spiral blades and the horizontal blade under the reel. There was no riding mower to stear around his vast lawn to collect the leaves either. That was done by me and a leaf rake.

In my sixteenth year I had two wisdom teeth extracted in October. The dentist gave me Tylenol for any residual pain. Well, there was plenty of residual pain I can tell you! And there was the job of cleaning Uncle Alex's lawn for the last time in the autumn.

I tried to put on the old, dried up leather gloves Alex had in the basement. But, like O.J. Simpson, they didn't fit and promised to be more of an obstruction to my work than a real aid.

Hopped up on prescription Tylenol, I started to mow and rake. The job always took at least four hours to complete. At the end of the day, I felt no discomfort at all, but what 16 year old feels discomfort? You have to hit your mid 40s before that becomes an unwelcome sensation, and by your late 50s, it's just another part of life. I looked at the palms of my hands. They were as red a Maine lobster on a plate. Had I had drawn butter, it would have been hard to tell the difference between my palms and a delectable piece of shellfish.

But the drugs had kicked in and I went to school the next day. By then, the soothing effect of all that acetaminophen had run its course and I was hard pressed to carry anything!

And the aroma of the sweetly decaying leaves set up shop in my sinuses, just as it has today.
Fall here is heralded by the smell of high bush cranberry...kinda like sweaty gym socks.

Last night after 3 days of blinding headaches I finally did something I should have been doing all along, I checked my blood pressure. No wonder I was having massive headaches!!!! It was in the high 150s over the high 90s, very high for me so at 2 AM I went to the Beaumont ER. They tested everything heart related and a few other things but could not determine any reason for the raised BP or headaches. They did give me a medication cocktail that put me out all the rest of the night and I was released to go home at 8:30 this morning. Fed the cats and went to bed sleeping until 2 PM was up for about 45 minutes than back to bed for another hour and a half....... That was some cocktail.

Finally did figure out what I'm absolutely sure is the problem. Something is blocking the absorption of the medications into my system, okay, what am I doing differently in the last 3 - 4 weeks........ Metamucil, I started taking generic Metamucil during that period but more importantly I started taking it with my medications, bad idea. Psyllium husk expands very quickly into a gelatinous mass, in my case the meds were being trapped in that mass and I was able to only absorb some of the medication. So no taking my meds with the Metamucil anymore.
Glad you figured it out. Mr G takes dulcolax. I can't. I take these gelatous pills to soften stool...not make me "go". I don't need any help for that, lol. But the Doc-Q-Lace works great...and my dr said it is a more natural way to..well..do your thang. Maybe google it, Ringel?

Also..my BP has been 160 over 85 for the past month. I take my BP meds faithfully, so after doing blood tests, Dr and I talked about it today. There is nothing more I can take to make it go down, so we think its stress. I don't think I am stressing, but I probably am...hence the weird dreams, too.
You have a lot of stress you are dealing with too. That might be why yours is so high.
I am surprised that losing weight brought my BP down to "normal" levels. They are still high by younger standards, but normal otherwise. Changing diet is tough, but I am so encouraged by the results, I am determined to maintain the diet I prefer now.

For us, I am trying to incorporate more healthy fruits and veggies and far fewer deep fried proteins and such and that has resulted in some good things. But we still indulge in those things we love that are supposed to be bad for us too. I think if we deprive ourselves of everything bad for us, it is harder to feel good about the good stuff.
The trick is, allow yourself an occasional treat but don't fall back into including such things in a daily diet.
Well, I gained 2 lbs. That sucks. Prolly cuz I have been nibbling instead of walking. I guess I need to get on my bike more often. Still battling fatique and sleepiness at around 2pm, but so far have been resisting taking a nap cuz if I do, I don't sleep at night if I do. And I am bored to tears. I need a friggin' hobby. Just can't think of anything I can do that doesn't involve using fingers for long periods of time. I miss painting, but not enough to take it back up again. Tried reading a book and eye strain developed so bad it aches. At least with the pc, I can enlarge the text. And, reading a book makes me super sleepy. As if I need that when struggling to stay awake during the day.

I just hit 63. What the hell will fall apart when I hit 65? Or 70? Oy.

Forum List

Back