🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

It is starting to snow here with the forecast for 4 to 8 inches of accumulation before high winds tear a snow hold over Albuquerque later today. So experience informs me we may get a dusting. :)

According to the weather app on the dock on this PC, it's currently 77 degrees here. We have the A/C running. :(

28f here and temperature dropping, snowing pretty well and the ground is getting white but the streets and sidewalks are still too warm for it to stick much there yet.

Every year I hope for a little snow for the little one. I want to do some sledding with her again before she gets too big!

Maybe not from this storm Montro. . . .it's really turning ugly several places:

upload_2015-12-26_16-24-34.png

I'm still alive and well! Dropping in to catch everybody up on all the news. For starters, hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for a Happy New Year to everybody. Yes, 007, that Canon EOS 7D you purchased is a great camera. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I have mostly Nikon cameras but I do happen to have a Canon 6D and I like it a lot. That 7D will get you some great photos so enjoy! Now, to catch everybody up on all the news. Hunting season here was really good this year. I got a nice 8 pointer and a medium sized 6 pointer. My buddy, the vet, now that's a different story! With his bow he got one of the biggest deer I have ever seen on the farm. He got a very large rack 10 pointer (and I mean very large) that weighed between 275 and 300 pounds. It was truly a nice deer. I will not post a picture because of the big shit storm last year when I posted a picture of a deer I had bagged so just take my word for it. This was a massive deer! Now, being around him is a challenge because he won't shut up about getting this deer! Don't blame him. It's truly one to brag about. Corn crop was good and the harvest went off with no problems. Christmas was nice. I suppose the only problem was that Mrs. BBD over-cooked the prime rib. Santa was good to me and even nicer to Mrs. BBD. Now we're both just sitting around waiting for 2016 to begin. My oldest grandson is in his first year of college at VMI and looks very handsome in his uniform. His goal is to finish up there and go into the Air Force as a pilot. I didn't know that outside of the Air Force Academy, VMI produces the second largest number of Air Force pilots. Taco is still being his old self. Likes me if Mrs. BBD isn't around but if she is he won't give me the time of day. He doesn't know that if it wasn't for me, Santa Paws would not have made a stop at our house last night. Mrs. BBD has been getting by with only cortisone shots in her knee but they are not lasting very long any more so she will have that knee replacement in the early spring up at the Mayo Clinic (Methodist Hospital) in Rochester, MN. Aside from the knee troubles, she is doing just fine. I'll be heading up to Monroe Truck Equipment in Monroe, WI pretty soon to have them put a tonneau cover on the back of my new truck. I've been waiting until after Christmas to get it done. I know we aren't supposed to talk politics here, but in a general sort of way I will say that I'm getting tired of the political crap on tv. Some of the politicians need to be put in jail and some of them need to simply shut up. Will be glad when it's all over with. I know that officially, winter has only been here for a few days but I'm already looking forward to spring. Myself, I am doing just fine. Just had all of my routine check-ups with the doctors last week and they said if I didn't get hit by a truck I should do pretty well for a long time to come yet. With that said, I will say "Good night" and wish good things for everybody and if you're in the area, stop by and help me eat up all of these left over Christmas cookies. Mrs. BBD over did it again this year. She always does. I'll be eating cookies until the middle of next month!

View attachment 57939
Yup, we have a 70% chance of snow starting now......... That's right folks, 1 - 4 inches expected overnight and considering it's El Paso with all the experience these people have driving in it I'll be staying home and hoping no one a half a mile away on Rte 54 comes through the house..............

I'm still alive and well! Dropping in to catch everybody up on all the news. For starters, hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for a Happy New Year to everybody. Yes, 007, that Canon EOS 7D you purchased is a great camera. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I have mostly Nikon cameras but I do happen to have a Canon 6D and I like it a lot. That 7D will get you some great photos so enjoy! Now, to catch everybody up on all the news. Hunting season here was really good this year. I got a nice 8 pointer and a medium sized 6 pointer. My buddy, the vet, now that's a different story! With his bow he got one of the biggest deer I have ever seen on the farm. He got a very large rack 10 pointer (and I mean very large) that weighed between 275 and 300 pounds. It was truly a nice deer. I will not post a picture because of the big shit storm last year when I posted a picture of a deer I had bagged so just take my word for it. This was a massive deer! Now, being around him is a challenge because he won't shut up about getting this deer! Don't blame him. It's truly one to brag about. Corn crop was good and the harvest went off with no problems. Christmas was nice. I suppose the only problem was that Mrs. BBD over-cooked the prime rib. Santa was good to me and even nicer to Mrs. BBD. Now we're both just sitting around waiting for 2016 to begin. My oldest grandson is in his first year of college at VMI and looks very handsome in his uniform. His goal is to finish up there and go into the Air Force as a pilot. I didn't know that outside of the Air Force Academy, VMI produces the second largest number of Air Force pilots. Taco is still being his old self. Likes me if Mrs. BBD isn't around but if she is he won't give me the time of day. He doesn't know that if it wasn't for me, Santa Paws would not have made a stop at our house last night. Mrs. BBD has been getting by with only cortisone shots in her knee but they are not lasting very long any more so she will have that knee replacement in the early spring up at the Mayo Clinic (Methodist Hospital) in Rochester, MN. Aside from the knee troubles, she is doing just fine. I'll be heading up to Monroe Truck Equipment in Monroe, WI pretty soon to have them put a tonneau cover on the back of my new truck. I've been waiting until after Christmas to get it done. I know we aren't supposed to talk politics here, but in a general sort of way I will say that I'm getting tired of the political crap on tv. Some of the politicians need to be put in jail and some of them need to simply shut up. Will be glad when it's all over with. I know that officially, winter has only been here for a few days but I'm already looking forward to spring. Myself, I am doing just fine. Just had all of my routine check-ups with the doctors last week and they said if I didn't get hit by a truck I should do pretty well for a long time to come yet. With that said, I will say "Good night" and wish good things for everybody and if you're in the area, stop by and help me eat up all of these left over Christmas cookies. Mrs. BBD over did it again this year. She always does. I'll be eating cookies until the middle of next month!

So happy you stopped in BBD. We miss you a lot around here. And you didn't get any flack from me with the hunter's shot but I bow to your prudence about that. :)

Glad all is well with you and yours. Mrs. BBD's knee remains on the Vigil List where it has remained until all that is resolved.

View attachment 57939
Yup, we have a 70% chance of snow starting now......... That's right folks, 1 - 4 inches expected overnight and considering it's El Paso with all the experience these people have driving in it I'll be staying home and hoping no one a half a mile away on Rte 54 comes through the house..............

We were watching the Sun Bowl (at El Paso) earlier and it was snowing like crazy. And according to that map I posted a little while ago you are squarely inside the blizzard threat area moreso than we are.

View attachment 57939

We were watching the Sun Bowl (at El Paso) earlier and it was snowing like crazy.
That's actually about 6.5 miles from the house but at a little higher elevation, While it was snowing there it was raining here. Las Cruces is getting it more than El Paso and they're predicting about a foot or two of snow in Alamogordo.

It appears that during my 45 minute power nap in the office chair it had started snowing here. The roofs, gravel and grassy areas are coated but the roads and concrete areas are just wet, my outside thermometer is reading 39 degrees.

Got my Christmas Monday! My son-in-law completed the adoption process for Harper. We were all in court to witness it and so were the local TV channels (3). He earned the right to be a dad through thought, word and deed. He bought Harper a necklace with two hearts on it. Opa had a tear or two.
That's too good, Save! Congratulations to your SIL and the whole family, especially Harper, who now has an "official" Dad!

Welllllll, I've been up since about 3:30, woke up again with what feels like severe heartburn, when I get out of bed I start coughing and it get's momentarily worse then works it's way up my neck into my head causing a major headache that lasts for about 30 seconds before (mostly) dissipating. I was up for an hour then tried to go back to sleep, laid there for another hour before getting back up. this has been an intermittent problem for the last couple of weeks, I'll call the VA and see if I can get in to see my PCP soon.
So far it looks like we've had a minimum of 6 inches of snow overnight, I'll try to post some pictures later. The temp still reads 33 degrees out back so hopefully later today most of it will be gone as I need to make a grocery run.

Welllllll, I've been up since about 3:30, woke up again with what feels like severe heartburn, when I get out of bed I start coughing and it get's momentarily worse then works it's way up my neck into my head causing a major headache that lasts for about 30 seconds before (mostly) dissipating. I was up for an hour then tried to go back to sleep, laid there for another hour before getting back up. this has been an intermittent problem for the last couple of weeks, I'll call the VA and see if I can get in to see my PCP soon.
So far it looks like we've had a minimum of 6 inches of snow overnight, I'll try to post some pictures later. The temp still reads 33 degrees out back so hopefully later today most of it will be gone as I need to make a grocery run.

Feel better Ringel. That does look like something that needs to be checked out. One of our Christmas dinner guests was my uncle by marriage niece who has recently moved here and has been totally embraced into the family as a new 'cousin'. She has quickly become one of my favorite people. But she was having all sorts of problems as you describe and was tested and found to be allergic to almost all of the foods she was eating: apple, barley, wax string beans, melon, eggs, ginger, anything associated with grapes, kale, anything citrus, all dairy, mushrooms, onion, peanuts, most peppers, quinoa, rice, cadmium/chocolate, wheat, amaranth flour. She is not allergic to poultry or meat but chooses not to eat pork. But she is avoiding all this stuff for several months and, because almost all are #1 level allergies on a #1 to #4 scale--#4 being the most severe--she should then be able to start reintroducing them. A couple of things were #4 allergies and she probably will always need to avoid those.

She says she was always convinced her allergies were environmental but that turned out not to be the case.
She says she is feeling so much better, but she was a challenge to cook for on Christmas Day.

Feel better Ringel. That does look like something that needs to be checked out. One of our Christmas dinner guests was my uncle by marriage niece who has recently moved here and has been totally embraced into the family as a new 'cousin'. She has quickly become one of my favorite people. But she was having all sorts of problems as you describe and was tested and found to be allergic to almost all of the foods she was eating: apple, barley, wax string beans, melon, eggs, ginger, anything associated with grapes, kale, anything citrus, all dairy, mushrooms, onion, peanuts, most peppers, quinoa, rice, cadmium/chocolate, wheat, amaranth flour. She is not allergic to poultry or meat but chooses not to eat pork. But she is avoiding all this stuff for several months and, because almost all are #1 level allergies on a #1 to #4 scale--#4 being the most severe--she should then be able to start reintroducing them. A couple of things were #4 allergies and she probably will always need to avoid those.

She says she was always convinced her allergies were environmental but that turned out not to be the case.
She says she is feeling so much better, but she was a challenge to cook for on Christmas Day.
not food allergies, was tested, all mine are environmental. The only real change I've made in the last month was to start taking the generic Metamucil, one of the side effects can be persistent heartburn and acid reflux but this is also related to my chest, when I cough it not only gives me heartburn but I also get a brief burning in my lungs. Heck I may have walking pneumonia, bronchitis or there could be mold in the walls or roof of the house and with the house closed up....... :dunno:
If I take benadryl I'm fine so I don't know and I do tend to have a constant low grade headache. I know it's not the heart, that was just checked out so....... :dunno:

I finally got to sleep at 5am in the middle of the movie WindTalkers, woke up an hour ago. Feeling back to normal so I am dressed and ready for the day. Dogs got their prezzies out from the wrapping and are now gnawing on the stuffed toys inside.

I am SO glad today is Christmas and it's over. I used to love this day, but haven't for the past 5 years or so. Maybe cuz its just me and MrG. I miss the inlaws being here. :(
Christmas hasn't really meant anything to me personally for 45 years other than a day where all the stores are closed and I got paid double (sometimes triple) for working it, same with every holiday. :dunno:

Though I remember some good things, childhood Christmases were mostly a negative for me and most memories are stressful ones. But Hombre has always loved the traditions of Christmas and I was determined that my kids would have good memories, so made the effort to make it happen for all of them. But the old tapes still ran and I continually had to fight off depression during the holidays for years. But more recently, once I decided that it was THEIR responsibility to build Christmas memories and I made a proactive choice to do nothing I didn't want to do, things have improved for me. I don't dread the holidays as I once did and I enjoy myself a lot more.

It's never good to over stress yourself and expect perfection. It's all about enjoying the time with family and friends, IMO. I'm sure all of your friends and family would rather have you enjoying yourself as a Christmas present instead of stressing yourself out. You know, I'll bet your friends and family have told you to just sit down and relax! Lol. :smiliehug: Sounds like you've got it right now. :)

My auntie was a bit upset this year at my uncle (her brother). Yikes. Lol. She called to invite him, and he told her he didn't want to leave his new girlfriend alone and that she couldn't come (for some reason - I don't recall the excuse), and so my auntie was rather put off by that, given the fact that we had my grandmother there for the day from the nursing home. I asked, where is Uncle Jimmy? and got an earful. :ack-1: Good day though. Lots of good food and lots of laughs. :)

It is starting to snow here with the forecast for 4 to 8 inches of accumulation before high winds tear a snow hold over Albuquerque later today. So experience informs me we may get a dusting. :)

According to the weather app on the dock on this PC, it's currently 77 degrees here. We have the A/C running. :(

And you're sad about that? :D I don't miss the cold or the snow after last year. Remember some of the pictures I posted last year? Here, let me remind you. ;)

Snapshot_20150215_7.JPG

Get well soon!

I feel so lucky that I don't have any allergies, environmental or otherwise. A weird story though. Whenever I go to Market Basket, there is a certain section of the store (in the first aisles 1-3) where I get the strangest sensation behind my eyes. As soon as move out of aisle 3 into aisle 4, it goes away. This has happened several times now when I've gone there, so the last time I paid more attention to where it was happening. Aisles 1-3. How weird? Right? It's almost like an intense pressure sensation behind my eyes, as if the odor of something is bothering my sinuses or something, yet I can't smell anything! :dunno:

Forum List

Back