🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope everyone is having a great time today! :huddle:

Merry-Christmas-Snow-fall.gif
You too Chris. My kids say this was the best Christmas ever!

This Christmas it was easy to enjoy. On the one hand, there was Harper's adoption on Monday. Then I found out two of my coworkers lost a relative in a robbery/murder Sunday. P-e-r-s-p-e-c-t-I-v-e.

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope everyone is having a great time today! :huddle:

Merry-Christmas-Snow-fall.gif
You too Chris. My kids say this was the best Christmas ever!

All Christmases should be the best Christmas ever. It doesn't always work out that way, but that is the way it ought to be. :) Hope yours was great Dhara.

And good morning everybody on the second day of Christmas. We have absolutely no place to go, nobody to see, and nothing we need to do today. I am soooo ready for a day like this. Life is good in spite of being under a severe winter storm warning today.

Some concern for our Alabama folks as Birmingham had some bad tornado damage yesterday. That would be Kat and Ernie. Possibly others that I don't know for sure where they hail from.

This Christmas it was easy to enjoy. On the one hand, there was Harper's adoption on Monday. Then I found out two of my coworkers lost a relative in a robbery/murder Sunday. P-e-r-s-p-e-c-t-I-v-e.

Some things I guess we aren't supposed to understand. :(

From what I understand so far, this person was a firefighter set to retire in 2016. A very generous soul, so much so that his furniture is being donated to a family that had their home burn down.

christmas_15.jpg
Ernie would never let a tornado hurt the bar.
Birmingham is way north of here.
We had a little rain but mostly cloudy yesterday the sun did poke out briefly a couple times. Our high was 82 degrees. Tough when you have to turn on the AC on Christmas Day.
I had no family with me this Christmas, but spent the day with my dearest friends and ate like a king. I received some very thoughtful gifts, but the one that brought a tear to my eye is a framed photograph of my closest friends and business partners that was taken at out closed Christmas party last Sunday.

I finally got to sleep at 5am in the middle of the movie WindTalkers, woke up an hour ago. Feeling back to normal so I am dressed and ready for the day. Dogs got their prezzies out from the wrapping and are now gnawing on the stuffed toys inside.

I am SO glad today is Christmas and it's over. I used to love this day, but haven't for the past 5 years or so. Maybe cuz its just me and MrG. I miss the inlaws being here. :(
Christmas hasn't really meant anything to me personally for 45 years other than a day where all the stores are closed and I got paid double (sometimes triple) for working it, same with every holiday. :dunno:

I finally got to sleep at 5am in the middle of the movie WindTalkers, woke up an hour ago. Feeling back to normal so I am dressed and ready for the day. Dogs got their prezzies out from the wrapping and are now gnawing on the stuffed toys inside.

I am SO glad today is Christmas and it's over. I used to love this day, but haven't for the past 5 years or so. Maybe cuz its just me and MrG. I miss the inlaws being here. :(
Christmas hasn't really meant anything to me personally for 45 years other than a day where all the stores are closed and I got paid double (sometimes triple) for working it, same with every holiday. :dunno:

Though I remember some good things, childhood Christmases were mostly a negative for me and most memories are stressful ones. But Hombre has always loved the traditions of Christmas and I was determined that my kids would have good memories, so made the effort to make it happen for all of them. But the old tapes still ran and I continually had to fight off depression during the holidays for years. But more recently, once I decided that it was THEIR responsibility to build Christmas memories and I made a proactive choice to do nothing I didn't want to do, things have improved for me. I don't dread the holidays as I once did and I enjoy myself a lot more.

It is starting to snow here with the forecast for 4 to 8 inches of accumulation before high winds tear a snow hold over Albuquerque later today. So experience informs me we may get a dusting. :)

Pity ole BBD isn't frequenting the CS anymore, as I haven't myself really, or Spoon, because I just ordered a Canon 7D MkII DSLR, and I know those guys know what that is. I'd love to hear BBD's take on it. I finally popped on a nicer camera.

(Hint, hint.. if either of you guys show up.)

Welcome back. Spoonie was here just yesterday and BBD pops in for a visit now and then. I, like you, wish they would come around more often but you're one to talk.
Yeah I researched for months before I settled on this Canon, so just in case one of those guys pops in... Spoonman Big Black Dog ...

20151223_103647_zps61dtnbka.jpg

20151223_104749_zpsdmqx9bux.jpg

20151223_104715_zpssea0ate3.jpg

20151223_104653_zpsi97xwhni.jpg

20151223_104817_zpsdomnmwwg.jpg

20151223_104842_zpsw0luow9a.jpg

It is starting to snow here with the forecast for 4 to 8 inches of accumulation before high winds tear a snow hold over Albuquerque later today. So experience informs me we may get a dusting. :)

According to the weather app on the dock on this PC, it's currently 77 degrees here. We have the A/C running. :(

28f here and temperature dropping, snowing pretty well and the ground is getting white but the streets and sidewalks are still too warm for it to stick much there yet.

Gorgeous day but having some winds that are cooler than norm, so its a tad nippy although clear. Big fire on the 101 down there by Ojai/SB area and with this wind..not a good thing. Hope it rains again to help the firefighters. It already hopped the hwy and is now down by the beach.

Forum List

Back