🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Yeah, kind of like that except we don't have fights and chicken wire on the stage.
We could "fix" that....... :thup:
You don't want to start a bar fight here, my friend. I guarantee our security will win every time. We're all strapped. Love the avatar!
Why so serious? :D

And now I have visions of Ringel05 and ErnieS at opposite ends of the bar. The bar tender removes the mirror and sets it behind the bar. The crowd nervously pulls back. They face each other, feet planted well apart, steely eyed, hats pulled low, elbows bent, hands hovered over holsters, fingers twitching. You can cut the tension with a knife. . . .

. . .and we ought to be able to fit 'it was a dark and stormy night' in there somewhere. . . .

Yeah, kind of like that except we don't have fights and chicken wire on the stage.
You don't want to start a bar fight here, my friend. I guarantee our security will win every time. We're all strapped. Love the avatar!

And now I have visions of Ringel and Ernie at opposite ends of the bar. The bar tender removes the mirror and sets it behind the bar. The crowd nervously pulls back. They face each other, feet planted well apart, steely eyed, hats pulled low, hands hovered over holsters, fingers twitching. You can cut the tension with a knife. . . .

. . .and we ought to be able to fit 'it was a dark and stormy night' in there somewhere. . . .
I'm your huckleberry.

I've been a busy little bee moving many of my pics over to another website. It should keep me occupied for a few days, lol.
I have a helluva time keeping busy at night since I can't sleep until the wee hours. I have tried going to bed earlier so i can get up earlier but my body just refuses. So...I am up til 4am most of the time. Thank goodness for the internet.

I have always believed that I needed 'white noise' in order to sleep so have always had the radio or television on in the bedroom and generally some light. But I have recently found that if I turn out most light so the room is dark, and turn off the radio or television, I am far less likely to awaken. I still usually get up at least once during the night I suppose because I am at a certain age, but I am staying asleep for much longer and I am able to go to sleep at a reasonable hour and stay asleep for a reasonable time - unless I tweak this bad shoulder and the pain wakes me up, but that is happening less often as time passes.

I sleep with my fan on every night for the noise, but I need it to be dark. I find voices and the change in pitch awaken me sometimes, so I have never slept with a TV or music.

Hope your arm is doing well! :)

joker-why-so-serious.jpg

joker-why-so-serious.jpg
I thought about posting that and decided it might be misinterpreted as me being nasty as opposed to funny. :dunno:

Had to break one up the other night. I love alcohol. I weigh in at about 135 and can control a 210 pound drunk and make him go where I want with one hand. A little shove to get him off balance and if you do it right, you can keep him off balance and moving. I call it drunk surfing. I do get a bit tense though. It could turn out bad for me.

I tend to get serious and stay so for a while after confronting something like that. simply tossing a drunk is a fairly common occurrence and the "serious" doesn't last long, but if it involves weapons it takes several days. Thankfully, that's rare.

I use a white noise website, Foxfyre. Gotta have it when I finally go to bed. I hit the sack soon after my last post here and got up about an hour ago. I am now fighting a sore throat and sore left ear, so I think I caught a cold which I am nursing. No beach today....MrG is gonna have to take them. I'm going to be all wrapped up in front of the pc with netflix or in my recliner with tv. But noise I'm gonna have. I use this one often:

SimplyNoise -- The Best Free White Noise Generator on the Internet.

This is the break from gift wrapping. Mit should not take too long. I delivered the roast beef to my brother this morning. Dinner at six at the Big House, so three hours left to finish wrapping.

But more importantly, this is my last chance to wish a very Merry Christmas to everyone here. Between now and tomorrow evening, my Christmas will unwrap and gleam and shine as all Christmases should. I truly hope that everyone can enjoy the holiday surrounded by family and friends and joy and peace.

The weather here in the Crotch of the Tri-State area would make for a splendid Halloween night, but it is hardly appropriate for Christman. Bing Crosby can sing his heart out about wishing for a White Christmas, but El Niño and meteorology have conspired to put that notion on the back burner for this year.

Daisy the Mutt endured her Christmas bath last night and failed to find something to roll in during her walk this morning to spoil her fluffy coat and pleasing aroma.

And so, back down on the floor of the Great Room to finish up my struggles with paper and ribbon. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

This is the break from gift wrapping. Mit should not take too long. I delivered the roast beef to my brother this morning. Dinner at six at the Big House, so three hours left to finish wrapping.

But more importantly, this is my last chance to wish a very Merry Christmas to everyone here. Between now and tomorrow evening, my Christmas will unwrap and gleam and shine as all Christmases should. I truly hope that everyone can enjoy the holiday surrounded by family and friends and joy and peace.

The weather here in the Crotch of the Tri-State area would make for a splendid Halloween night, but it is hardly appropriate for Christman. Bing Crosby can sing his heart out about wishing for a White Christmas, but El Niño and meteorology have conspired to put that notion on the back burner for this year.

Daisy the Mutt endured her Christmas bath last night and failed to find something to roll in during her walk this morning to spoil her fluffy coat and pleasing aroma.

And so, back down on the floor of the Great Room to finish up my struggles with paper and ribbon. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

The little one and I spent a few hours at the neighbor's house today, they ended up turning on the A/C. :( Very warm this Christmas, I hope it cools down enough for some snow this winter! We had a week or two of good, chilly weather not too long ago.

I got the dogs some babies I wrapped for them tomorrow to unwrap..which is the most fun for them. That is, if I am still alive. This cold sucks, but I am thankful it is not the flu.

joker-why-so-serious.jpg
I thought about posting that and decided it might be misinterpreted as me being nasty as opposed to funny. :dunno:

Nah. We know you too well to think you would be really nasty no matter how much you like to be bad. :)

I got the dogs some babies I wrapped for them tomorrow to unwrap..which is the most fun for them. That is, if I am still alive. This cold sucks, but I am thankful it is not the flu.

Feel better Gracie. It really sucks to be sick on Christmas. But yes, the flu strains going around this year are really ugly ones and the flu shots don't seem to phase them.

joker-why-so-serious.jpg

Nah. We know you too well to think you would be really nasty no matter how much you like to be bad. :)
Yeah, I'm bad to the bun...........

Forum List

Back