🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

A few shots from this fall. our road, around our house and a lake where we kayak
the problem with gmo's is what they are engineered for. i.e. resistant to herbicides. that way they can spray the fields and the plants with herbicides, kill the weeds and not kill the plants. the fruit and vegetables contain much higher levels of these poisons. you then ingest these poisons.

I've known people who have been ingesting this type of food and are in their 80s. :dunno: This fear of genetically modified food products reminds me a lot of the fear of vaccinations where a lot of misinformation is spread.
a lot of people have been smoking heavily all their lives and live into their 90's

Well, if they haven't died from a lung disease, then I would say they are probably lucky. :) I definitely wouldn't recommend smoking for your longevity though. My ex's dad smoked and had emphysema and had a terrible time during his last days. Not something I would want to go through or want to see my loved one (s) go through either. OTOH, we all basically consume the same foods. I tend to believe that cancer is something more genetic. A genetic anomaly. But smoking and serious (often times fatal) lung disease go hand in hand.
gmo's a relatively new. I really believe there are serious health issues from consuming them. it's not an over night impact, but causes issues over time. I won't eat them. I surely wouldn't want to give them to my kids. the fact that we do not at minimum force labeling so people can make their own choice is outrageous

Some shots from this fall. Our road, around our house and a lake where we kayak

Attachments

• Sept21.JPG
    Sept21.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Sept22.JPG
    Sept22.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 72
  • Sept25.JPG
    Sept25.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Sept26.JPG
    Sept26.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Sept27.JPG
    Sept27.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Sept29.JPG
    Sept29.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Sept30.JPG
    Sept30.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Sept33.JPG
    Sept33.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Sept35.JPG
    Sept35.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Sept36.JPG
    Sept36.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Sept37.JPG
    Sept37.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Sept38.JPG
    Sept38.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Sept39.JPG
    Sept39.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 70
So if this food is so poisonous, why aren't we all dropping like flies?
Never took biology didja. :D
The quantities ingested are very small but build up over time, some are flushed via the kidneys, some are not. When the quantities reach a certain concentration one of two things happen, either the actual poisons start affecting the person making them very ill with multiple symptoms or the concentrations trigger cancer. We're still learning how the triggers work. Our bodies constantly produce cancer cells, the bodies immune system takes care of them, kills them off until some genetic "trigger" is activated that stops or prevents the body's ability to kill the cancer cells.
Some thing trigger different people differently. Take cashew nuts. I'd bet everyone here can sit down with a jar of cashews and enjoy the whole thing. I'll eat 2 nuts and if I don't have medical intervention in 5 minutes, I'm DEAD. Yeah some folks may react to GMOs and pesticides, but most won't unless they restrict their diet to just one certain food
Now you're talking about allergies and yes I agree, I'm talking (primarily) about cancer triggers something we're just starting to learn about and understand.
We don't know enough about what causes cancer for me to be too worried about man made hybrid plants.

So if this food is so poisonous, why aren't we all dropping like flies?
Never took biology didja. :D
The quantities ingested are very small but build up over time, some are flushed via the kidneys, some are not. When the quantities reach a certain concentration one of two things happen, either the actual poisons start affecting the person making them very ill with multiple symptoms or the concentrations trigger cancer. We're still learning how the triggers work. Our bodies constantly produce cancer cells, the bodies immune system takes care of them, kills them off until some genetic "trigger" is activated that stops or prevents the body's ability to kill the cancer cells.
Some thing trigger different people differently. Take cashew nuts. I'd bet everyone here can sit down with a jar of cashews and enjoy the whole thing. I'll eat 2 nuts and if I don't have medical intervention in 5 minutes, I'm DEAD. Yeah some folks may react to GMOs and pesticides, but most won't unless they restrict their diet to just one certain food
Now you're talking about allergies and yes I agree, I'm talking (primarily) about cancer triggers something we're just starting to learn about and understand.
We don't know enough about what causes cancer for me to be too worried about man made hybrid plants.
Didn't say ya had to be worried, just having a simple discussion. :dunno:

Last edited:
I used to say if it wasn't carcinogenic, fattening or harmful in some way it tasted like crap and I wouldn't consume it......... :D

Well, they are always saying this causes cancer or that causes cancer, and then it doesn't, and the it does again. Our water, our food, our air. Something's gonna kill ya eventually! :lol: Might as well be a good meal!
I like my good meals to be organic

A niece (who lives in Arlington TX (nestled between Dallas and Fort Worth) posted this today with the comment that this is exactly how this last week went down:
10439055_1169891803040929_6218706017886740970_n.jpg

Well, they are always saying this causes cancer or that causes cancer, and then it doesn't, and the it does again. Our water, our food, our air. Something's gonna kill ya eventually! :lol: Might as well be a good meal!

If it's affordable, I will buy organic veggies and fruits. I actually prefer to get them from a fruit stand, but we don't have any close by, so that's rare. The fruits I've been getting from the grocery store are just horrible. Dry, flavorless, yucky.

If it's affordable, I will buy organic veggies and fruits. I actually prefer to get them from a fruit stand, but we don't have any close by, so that's rare. The fruits I've been getting from the grocery store are just horrible. Dry, flavorless, yucky.

That's probably how most people would describe my food taste. :lol:

I like my good meals to be comprised of food....... :D

I'm kind of hoping ALL my meals will be comprised of food going forward :thup:

Forum List

Back