USMB Coffee Shop IV

I smoked a bowl and did a mean karaoke to The Sound of Silence by Disturbed. Today was fine.

Went to my usual Tuesday Thrift Shop Treasure hunting. Didn't find much, but I did get 4 large oval shape, 2 smaller oval shaped canvases that someone donated and still in the plastic wrap. I stared at them....remembering. Then I looked at my hands..remembering. And the gal said take all for 8 bucks. So I did.
Now I get to see how my hands do with a brush again. Will I fail? I dunno. But I'm gonna give it a shot.

Y'all are getting what just left us. The back yard is a mess. Branches everywhere, swing knocked over and the roof of it across the yard, etc. I coulda sworn it was a damn tornado. I'm surprised the neighbors tree didn't land on our roof. It's a eucalyptus....not good in high winds. But...it's still standing. Thankfully.

Y'all be careful. That was one BIG WINDY storm and yep...it's swooping your way.

Mrs. Liberty was up and about when I left for work this morning which doesn't happen very often. I met up with her in the kitchen for hug and said if I hug you and go to work there will be six more weeks of winter. Hugged her and said goodbye, see you at lunch.

Just checked the weather map again and I think Illinois isn't going to get hit with this one, but Kansas, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan are. And further south there are all kinds of flood warnings and Ernie S. area is under a huge area of tornado watch. Speaking of which, has anybody seen Ernie lately? He hasn't posted in the Coffee Shop for several days and that's not like him. I'm getting concerned.

Just checked the weather map again and I think Illinois isn't going to get hit with this one, but Kansas, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan are. And further south there are all kinds of flood warnings and Ernie S. area is under a huge area of tornado watch. Speaking of which, has anybody seen Ernie lately? He hasn't posted in the Coffee Shop for several days and that's not like him. I'm getting concerned.
I'm fine. Just involved in other things. The bar has required some plumbing repairs and I've been trying to replace the starter on my tractor. In order to get at one bolt, I had to disconnect the front end loader on one side which is a bear without the engine running, then remove the sub frame that the loader mounts to. I have the starter unbolted and free of the bell housing, but I'm going to have to remove the main hydraulic return line to get it out of the spot it's stuck in.
Another 3 hours and I'll be back at Doc's for the late shift. Should be getting in about 5 AM.

I saw the warnings earlier, but we've gotten just a bit of rain and some gusts to maybe 20 MPH.

Sunny and high of 83 today and tomorrow...try not to hate us.:D

Seem like our typical winter weather has decided to winter South. We don't even have much of a snow pack around here. Avalanche conditions are rife because every time there's a melt down, a layer of ice (shear layer) stays and the next batch of snow builds up on that shear layer. Right now, there must be about 5-6 shear layers up in the higher elevations. It is cold right now, in the teens, but that's not unusual for these parts.
I got a lot of chores done today. The partner showed up briefly to pamper his goats and then went back to town.

Happy Wednesday, sleepy heads! :)

Morning !

It got down to 15 this morning ! Burrrrr........ and I have to leave early this morning to do monthly groceries.
Not a happy camper this morning grrrrrrr :)

I think this lizard has been watching too many Pinky and Brain Cartoons. :biggrin:
animal-pictures-1.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back