USMB Coffee Shop IV

a sleepless night last night. I hate when that happens. every time I would start to fall asleep I would jump awake. I think I finally fell asleep around 5 but was up by 6:30. Now I'm dragging.

Dang! Same here!!! Awful. I will be dragging all day. It was too hot and humid to sleep well last night and the rest of the summer is supposed to be the same. Normally, we would expect this in September, only. But I still say, everyday on the Oregon Coast is a beautiful day. ( It's the nights that suck... ) :lol:

Good morning everybody. Like BBD we're both showered, shampooed, and at least I am dressed for church--Hombre will be shortly--and ready for church. We'll probably attend a different one than the BBD's though. :) And then to brunch with friend Dana. Usually Aunt Betty goes with us too but she had house guests arriving last night so she planned to be with them this morning.

On the gout issue, yes, the few days of steroid treatment can knock down a bad gout attack, but we all know steroids have some of the world's worst side effects so they should be taken extremely sparingly. And each gout attack does do some permanent damage to the joints and can eventually damage kidneys and cause kidney stones. For those with recurring gout attacks--Hombre is a good example--there is a 60-yr-old drug call Allopurinol that keeps gout from occurring in almost all who take it. Zero side effects for most people despite the 'you're gonna die if you take this drug' list they require all pharmaceuticals to post these days. Prescription only but it's cheap. One little bitty pill a day takes care of it.

Thinking about Noomi's winter and comparing it with our mid to high 90's that are common for us this time of year--that would be about 35 celsius for you Noomi- and thinking I'm not ready for winter again just yet.

Okay, one more cup of coffee and then off to church with us. . .

a sleepless night last night. I hate when that happens. every time I would start to fall asleep I would jump awake. I think I finally fell asleep around 5 but was up by 6:30. Now I'm dragging.

Dang! Same here!!! Awful. I will be dragging all day. It was too hot and humid to sleep well last night and the rest of the summer is supposed to be the same. Normally, we would expect this in September, only. But I still say, everyday on the Oregon Coast is a beautiful day. ( It's the nights that suck... ) :lol:

Well my heart goes out to my two dear CS friends that had a crappy nights sleep.

Maybe knowing that I slept really good last night will make you guys feel better... :eusa_shifty: ... :scared1:

Mornin' All!

I'm getting over a touch of the stomach flu - and have hugely overcommited to three social events today. Meh. :(

Younger sister and her significant other are coming over today and bringing Ma. Seems my sister's guy has installed a new tombstone tail light on his new Harley and has zero idea how to wire it, so, the logical thing to do is take it over to her brother's shop who is a retired Harley Davidson Technician and have him do it... :lol:

It's cool with me. I like doing that kinda stuff anyway. It'll give me a chance to get a good look at a 2013 Harley, see what's different. I know they all have 103 inch engines now.

And my big TX-NR808 Onkyo receiver has given up the ghost for the second time. First time the factory "repaired" it for free. I would have thought that they'd install upgraded parts and components that would ensure it would NEVER mess up again but no, they didn't. So it went outside and met an unflattering fate being smashed and trashed on my concrete driveway. That's the first receiver out of dozens I've owned in my life that ever had a problem. In that case, that is the last Onkyo I will ever buy. It's back to Denon for me. This is going to take it's place...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFBR15mgucQ

:woohoo: At least it isn't one of the new electric Harley Davidson's, in case they are for sale as of this post. I will so miss the roar of the great Harley engine, when that happens...but I know the best ones will be around for a long time. :thup:
My MOTHER told me about the new electric Harley's yesterday. I haven't seen anything about them yet. But yes, I'm sure glad my tech days are over.

THIS is a HARLEY...

20130912_162323_zps1cccfc75.jpg

Good morning, Coffee Shop crew. Had my coffee, have showered, shaved and got my church clothes on... Beautiful day here. Will be heading out for church soon. Then will most likely take Mrs. BBD out to breakfast.

I love your life, as I perceive it, BBD. It is a way of life, that has been fading fast. :eusa_boohoo:

I get these frigging stomach cramps. no idea what causes them. they have plagued me for years though. but they keep me awake.

Younger sister and her significant other are coming over today and bringing Ma. Seems my sister's guy has installed a new tombstone tail light on his new Harley and has zero idea how to wire it, so, the logical thing to do is take it over to her brother's shop who is a retired Harley Davidson Technician and have him do it... :lol:

It's cool with me. I like doing that kinda stuff anyway. It'll give me a chance to get a good look at a 2013 Harley, see what's different. I know they all have 103 inch engines now.

And my big TX-NR808 Onkyo receiver has given up the ghost for the second time. First time the factory "repaired" it for free. I would have thought that they'd install upgraded parts and components that would ensure it would NEVER mess up again but no, they didn't. So it went outside and met an unflattering fate being smashed and trashed on my concrete driveway. That's the first receiver out of dozens I've owned in my life that ever had a problem. In that case, that is the last Onkyo I will ever buy. It's back to Denon for me. This is going to take it's place...

:woohoo: At least it isn't one of the new electric Harley Davidson's, in case they are for sale as of this post. I will so miss the roar of the great Harley engine, when that happens...but I know the best ones will be around for a long time. :thup:
My MOTHER told me about the new electric Harley's yesterday. I haven't seen anything about them yet. But yes, I'm sure glad my tech days are over.

THIS is a HARLEY...

:thup: I've ridden on the back of the seat of one many times....:D

Good morning everybody. Like BBD we're both showered, shampooed, and at least I am dressed for church--Hombre will be shortly--and ready for church. We'll probably attend a different one than the BBD's though. :) .....

Okay, one more cup of coffee and then off to church with us. . .

I'm betting I'll be attending still another church. They are all over the place :lol:

Mornin' All!

I'm getting over a touch of the stomach flu - and have hugely overcommited to three social events today. Meh. :(

Here's to wishing you a speedy recovery, [MENTION=4301]boedicca[/MENTION]

Mi sh'beyrach.

(Hebrew: get well)

:)

Thanks - I'm on the mend, just tired. I'd love to stay in today and binge watch GOT...

THIS is a HARLEY...

Very pretty! We were at an auction a few weeks ago that had four gorgeous vintage Harleys on offer. mr. boe wouldn't let me bid. Big meanie.

Mornin' All!

Here's to wishing you a speedy recovery, [MENTION=4301]boedicca[/MENTION]

Mi sh'beyrach.

(Hebrew: get well)

:)

Thanks - I'm on the mend, just tired. I'd love to stay in today and binge watch GOT...

I'm not familiar with the American TV-acronyms anymore (truly). What is "GOT"?

Good Morning !

1210734549_garfield_enjoy_sunday_xlarge.png

We had a small break of really hot over the last couple of days. 98 to 99. :)

Back today at 102 and Monday, Then 103 on Tuesday.

Its getting cold here - how's the first day of summer for you guys?

Sunny at the moment in the mountains of WNC with a high every day of 79° (26°C). Frequent rain predicted almost every day this week but sunny for now. This is the wettest part of the Appalachian mountains and it gets a bit much sometimes but so far hasn't been enough to fungus the tomatoes. :thup:

Forum List

Back