USMB Coffee Shop IV

How does one go about making a food item the official food for a Nation? I'm thinking that banana splits should be the official food of the USA. Think I will write my congress critter. I betcha he would enjoy getting some mail when nobody actually bitches about something.
We could break it down even further at the city level. For instance, hamburgers are the official food of Hamburg, Germany. Come to think of it, citizens of Hamburg are referred to as Hamburgers. :D

Jugs, you should go visit Frankfurt sometime. Expand your horizons. :eusa_angel:

Yes, but WHICH Frankfurt?

There are two, you know.... :eusa_whistle:

:lol:

Last edited:
How does one go about making a food item the official food for a Nation? I'm thinking that banana splits should be the official food of the USA. Think I will write my congress critter. I betcha he would enjoy getting some mail when nobody actually bitches about something.
We could break it down even further at the city level. For instance, hamburgers are the official food of Hamburg, Germany. Come to think of it, citizens of Hamburg are referred to as Hamburgers. :D

Jugs, you should go visit Frankfurt sometime. Expand your horizons. :eusa_angel:
True. I'd get a chance to meet some Frankfurters. No, not the hot dogs, but the citizens of Frankfurt. They are referred to as Frankfurters. :D

Arizona's State Fossil is petrified wood.
Petrified wood (Araucarioxylon arizonicum) was designated the state fossil of Arizona in 1988. Petrified Forest National Park in northern Arizona has one of the world's largest and most colorful concentrations of petrified wood.

th

Arizona State Fossil - Petrified Wood

They're so pretty.

here's a piece I have. this actually came from the Spahn Ranch in So Cal

My son and I saw an interesting movie this afternoon...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh-Rm-21YKA]THE RAILWAY MAN Trailer (Nicole Kidman - Colin Firth - 2014) - YouTube[/ame]

Then when we got home, he reminded me that we need to watch our traditional first day of summer movie...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUVnfaA-kpI]Stand By Me (trailer) - YouTube[/ame]

Arizona's State Fossil is petrified wood.
Petrified wood (Araucarioxylon arizonicum) was designated the state fossil of Arizona in 1988. Petrified Forest National Park in northern Arizona has one of the world's largest and most colorful concentrations of petrified wood.

th

Arizona State Fossil - Petrified Wood

They're so pretty.

here's a piece I have. this actually came from the Spahn Ranch in So Cal

That is really pretty. Earth colors infused with the rainbow.

Last edited:
Went to see my Grand niece play baseball last night. Her team from the West side was playing my local girls team. I'm sure I'll be asked why I was on the wrong side of the field.....

Anyway they lost both games evn though Abby had 3 singles and 2 doubles and came in for 3 runs.

Did I mention she also struck out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-nPZnwQgUQ&feature=youtu.be

Charlie Brown team? :)

Not quite, They are a new team though and have some bugs to work out. Like they have a catcher who is the best behind the plate but doesn't have the arm to throw fast to 2nd base when someone tries to steal. Coach assures me no other girl on the team could play catcher. Of course My Nieces Dad is the coach.....

Went to see my Grand niece play baseball last night. Her team from the West side was playing my local girls team. I'm sure I'll be asked why I was on the wrong side of the field.....

Anyway they lost both games evn though Abby had 3 singles and 2 doubles and came in for 3 runs.

Did I mention she also struck out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-nPZnwQgUQ&feature=youtu.be

Charlie Brown team? :)

Not quite, They are a new team though and have some bugs to work out. Like they have a catcher who is the best behind the plate but doesn't have the arm to throw fast to 2nd base when someone tries to steal. Coach assures me no other girl on the team could play catcher. Of course My Nieces Dad is the coach.....

I love to go and watch baseball. My son in law and my nephew were both catchers on high school teams and I know how integral they are. You have to be quick and focused.

They'll get better.

IMPORTANT OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Because it is the first day of summer, I feel that it is my duty to remind all the ladies that I am an Official and Certified Tan Line Inspector. I have had extensive special training and can inspect a tan line with professionalism and honestly advise you of the status of your tan line. I have also been trained in the skill of applying suntan lotion. So, if you need my services, feel free to post a photo of your tan line in the coffee shop and I will give you an honest evaluation of your tan lines.

That is all.

Because it is the first day of summer, I feel that it is my duty to remind all the ladies that I am an Official and Certified Tan Line Inspector. I have had extensive special training and can inspect a tan line with professionalism and honestly advise you of the status of your tan line. I have also been trained in the skill of applying suntan lotion. So, if you need my services, feel free to post a photo of your tan line in the coffee shop and I will give you an honest evaluation of your tan lines.

That is all.

I have no tan lines to inspect, but I appreciate the offer.;)

That is all.

I'm gasping for air here... Maybe it's time I retired from active tan line inspecting.

That is all.

I'm gasping for air here... Maybe it's time I retired from active tan line inspecting.

I'll let you carry my bags while we go shopping.:D

So the other job I called for, and was perhaps going to be offered a trial has been filled. I guess they picked the first person they liked, instead of going through everyone interested. A lot of disappointed folks out there, but oh well, at least I gave it a shot. :)

Been to the gym, only spent ten minutes there as I forgot my towel - you must bring one with you and silly me, I forgot mine, so I couldn't stay. I went to the lake instead and had a run. :)

Sorry Noomi, but keep plugging. There will be just the right opportunity. . .

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and cousin,
Grandma and family dealing with death of extended family member,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Ollie's daughter Angie and his youngest brother,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated

Forum List

Back