USMB Coffee Shop IV

Bloody hell, did I say it was mild weather the other day? well the temperature dropped, and its freezing.
I had to wait for half a hour for a bus and think I might have caught a chill.

Let us know if you need flu and cold remedies. We'll hope not. Keep warm.

I think I have thawed out ok after sitting by the fire for a couple of hours.

I was able to buy one vehicle at a good price, the other was bid up past my comfort zone. Can't expect a customer to pay more for something I don't thank has the value.

I was able to buy one vehicle at a good price, the other was bid up past my comfort zone. Can't expect a customer to pay more for something I don't thank has the value.

How much under a car's resale value do you bid?

You have to take costs of getting it here, auction fees, general inspection costs, any body shop, service or reconditioning figures added to the sale price. That can vary quite a bit. The boss would consider anything beyond that proprietary information.

Imagine sending a taxi with a foreign driver 250 miles away and what could happen with you IN the car. Now try that with a '13 Encore on a transport truck. Exponential problems. Day eleven and supposedly it will be here Wednesday. Really?

I am having a HELLUVA time trying to decide what colors to paint that DAMN dresser. Oy.

I kinda sorta like this one:

paintedbeauty.jpg

And I have the colors for it. These too:

89790586290184945Q9NcBYFrc.jpg

antique-solid-wood-hand-painted-dresser-ready-to-ship.jpg

solid-wood-hand-painted-taupe-black-distressed-dresser-with-bird-shabby-chic-cottage-style.jpg

03d4a8bbe392bd25e190e53ae1abdb0d.jpg

laminate-furniture-can-be-beautiful-too-hand-painted-willow-dresser-painted-furniture.1.JPG

Oh Oh OH I remember ones you did before. Absolutely gorgeous!!!

I have a lot of off white, turqoise, brown, pastel yellow, tan. Tomorrow I am going to buy black, red, blue. I can mix/match whatever colors I want from those.

The first pic has those rippled sides of the dresser....like the one sitting in there in the painting room. All sides are like that. Problem is, the two top smaller drawers have a dividing piece of wood that separate them from the botton two drawers. So...not sure how to deal with the front. And, the top of the dresser is rounded towards the front, not squared off. And I need wooden knobs cuz it came with only 4 funky ugly pot metal handles and I need 6. So I have to buy those too. Was thnking about raised design, but I think that will be a pain in the ass so I might freehand everything.

THIS is the hardest part. The THINKING.

I WAS going to paint it black with gold Bamboo like this one, which is one I did and is long sold off. But then I thought..nah. Bamboo is not calling me. I have to stare at the damn thing and let IT tell ME what it wants. This one is being stubborn.

nx1dop.jpg

I am so jealous. I wish I had that talent. You are blessed ya know...

This one, I didn't want to sell. I wanted it to be sitting there in the store as an example for folks who wanted certain colors or to see what I can do. So...I slapped $495.00 on it and I didn't even make it out the damn door of the mall when a lady bought it. Pissed me off. I shoulda put 1000 on it, lol.

2ir0tpe.jpg

I WAS going to paint it black with gold Bamboo like this one, which is one I did and is long sold off. But then I thought..nah. Bamboo is not calling me. I have to stare at the damn thing and let IT tell ME what it wants. This one is being stubborn.

nx1dop.jpg
Patience, assgrobber!
I'll stare at it some more tomorrow when I get back from thrift shopping. Tuesdays are my dresser/treasure scrounding days. I bought a small bedside dresser last week for 2 bucks and decided to keep it. Its in the bathroom. No more bending down to reach into cabinets to get stuff. Now all I have to do is open a drawer.

I think I'm leaning towards this one. I like the colors. And the tree. Which means freehanding. Oy. I hope my hand can handle the damn brush for the leaves and roots and shit.

laminate-furniture-can-be-beautiful-too-hand-painted-willow-dresser-painted-furniture.1.JPG

nx1dop.jpg

This one would work in my house--I love the black finish but would want a southwestern design of some sort on it. You really do beautiful work though Gracie.

Oh, southwestern is one of my fav things to do. But...too intricate for me now. I have to have loopy stuff..like leaves and branches and flowers. Make a mistake and it looks like nature did it. :lol:

Forum List

Back