USMB Coffee Shop IV

I am away from the computer with the vigil list but it has not changed since last posted. Almost midnight here and I'm headed to bed. Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

Thank you for keeping my Mom on the vigil list. WQ and I had to make an emergency trip to just outside Montgomery, Alabama, on Wednesday. My Mom had been visiting my brother in Missouri. She came down with a bug, and unwisely decided to attempt to get home on her own. By the time she got to the hotel on Tuesday night, she was in really bad shape. She was stuck 500 miles between her two kids. She thought that if she relaxed and used her oxygen that she'd be fine, but her airway was too constricted and an ambulance was called in the early morning hours. We left midday when she was transferred over to the ICU. She looked in really rough shape when we got there Wednesday evening hooked up to a bypass machine to force oxygen into her lungs. There were some elevated enzymes that indicated a cardiac event, but they won't know if it was a mild heart attack until she has an angiogram, which she declined unless it's critical until she is able to get back to Florida. She had a decent day on Thursday with good stats, but is unable to make it very long off the bypass. They will not release her until she is more stable and can move to a step down room. It may be a week or more. Due to her COPD issues and compromised lung functioning, it is difficult to determine how quickly she will heal. The doctors, but particularly the nurses, have been amazing. I'm still worried sick, but it makes a huge difference having confidence that she is in good hands. She was traveling with her sweet little poodle, who the hotel was kind enough to arrange boarding. We needed to pick her up and head back home yesterday afternoon. We dropped her van off at the hospital, where it will remain until she is ready to be released. Then we will head back up and WQ will drive her home in her van, and I will follow and be there to assist at rest stops. My Mom and kids already adored WQ, but now my entire extended family thinks he is a saint. I already knew how lucky I was to have such a special man, but you really get confirmation how dependable people are when the chips are down. He is my rock and my hero.:)

Oh wow Sherry. What an ordeal for all of you. Extra strong prayers/vibes whatever helps coming your way for awhile.

A short but comprehensive quick tour of New Mexico as photographed by a drone:

What This Drone Footage Caught In New Mexico Will Drop Your Jaw
I've seen lots of NM real estate and many of those shots look familiar: the road up to the Cliff Dwellings, the road from Lake Roberts through the mountains to Demming. Driving east into Silver City, or into Santa Teresa. I spent a bit of time riding the Continental Divide and the Sierra Huecho Mountains
I am away from the computer with the vigil list but it has not changed since last posted. Almost midnight here and I'm headed to bed. Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

Thank you for keeping my Mom on the vigil list. WQ and I had to make an emergency trip to just outside Montgomery, Alabama, on Wednesday. My Mom had been visiting my brother in Missouri. She came down with a bug, and unwisely decided to attempt to get home on her own. By the time she got to the hotel on Tuesday night, she was in really bad shape. She was stuck 500 miles between her two kids. She thought that if she relaxed and used her oxygen that she'd be fine, but her airway was too constricted and an ambulance was called in the early morning hours. We left midday when she was transferred over to the ICU. She looked in really rough shape when we got there Wednesday evening hooked up to a bypass machine to force oxygen into her lungs. There were some elevated enzymes that indicated a cardiac event, but they won't know if it was a mild heart attack until she has an angiogram, which she declined unless it's critical until she is able to get back to Florida. She had a decent day on Thursday with good stats, but is unable to make it very long off the bypass. They will not release her until she is more stable and can move to a step down room. It may be a week or more. Due to her COPD issues and compromised lung functioning, it is difficult to determine how quickly she will heal. The doctors, but particularly the nurses, have been amazing. I'm still worried sick, but it makes a huge difference having confidence that she is in good hands. She was traveling with her sweet little poodle, who the hotel was kind enough to arrange boarding. We needed to pick her up and head back home yesterday afternoon. We dropped her van off at the hospital, where it will remain until she is ready to be released. Then we will head back up and WQ will drive her home in her van, and I will follow and be there to assist at rest stops. My Mom and kids already adored WQ, but now my entire extended family thinks he is a saint. I already knew how lucky I was to have such a special man, but you really get confirmation how dependable people are when the chips are down. He is my rock and my hero.:)
Good luck and best wishes for your mom.
It's good to know that WQ takes such good care of you.

Ernie....I know you're somewhere in Alabama.....not sure if you're a native or not...but the people in the Montgomery area have been wonderful. It goes beyond Southern Hospitality.....the doctors...nurses...folks around town....they could not have been nicer. It certainly helps alleviate a little bit of the stress. :)

41sCpS-EceL._SX940_.jpg

People can be wonderful in terrible times WQ, and I'm so glad you and yours found them in plentiful supply. Ernie is way south of Montgomery, but I'm thinking Kat might be in that area.

I got a bit of good news this morning. The bosses have persuaded Corporate to give those of us who have accepted additional responsibilities a raise. It's not much, and the supervisor telling me the news was apologetic, but I assured him that I was grateful for the consideration. One more checkmark in the column favoring my current full-time employer. I do understand Ringel's hesitation to move back to N.VA, too. I used to commute from Quantico to Alexandria, it sucked. If I take the University job here, I'll be faced with rush-hour traffic, both ways, five days a week. That on top of a two-hour trip, each way. I seriously doubt, with the financial decisions being made, that the University will offer me enough to compensate me for the hours, and hours of torture that commute represents.
I surely hope that Peach's hubby overcomes his current difficulties and finds remission for his MS.
And all the best to Sherry, WQ, and Sherry's poor mom.
I also hope that your shoulder is getting better, Foxy.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. Kat
For every happiness for Sherry and WQ,
Sherry’s Mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Againsheila, Alan, Noomi, Spoonman, Freedombecki, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

log-cabin-deep-snow-south-tyrol-alps-covered-alto-adige-northern-italy-39120007.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. Kat
For every happiness for Sherry and WQ,
Sherry’s Mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Againsheila, Alan, Noomi, Spoonman, Freedombecki, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

log-cabin-deep-snow-south-tyrol-alps-covered-alto-adige-northern-italy-39120007.jpg

My youngest posted this to FB last night she was at a bar with two girlfriends:

Young man: What's your name?
Daughter: <her name>
Young man: Oh I like that.
Daughter: Thanks I got it for my birthday.

Bar game, strong.

Forum List

Back