USMB Coffee Shop IV

I would LOVE that house, Ringel.
Also;

You could get a propane tank for cooking and hot water, or a wood pellet stove for heat, cooking and hot water, composting toilet, home made solar panels and if you have a stream on the property with enough vertical drop you could install a cheap Pelton wheel to create electricity. If you're near enough to a power feed that can be hooked into you could do that except the cost goes up dramatically in installation, permits and construction fees.

Cute, but WAAAY too small. It might be okay at first, but I'm sure I would develop some cabin fever and perhaps a bit of claustrophobia after a while.

For many of our ancestors that was a mansion.

Not if they were rich! :D

Most people weren't rich........ :eusa_whistle:

:banana:

Got my driveways shoveled over a long lunch and now we are going home early because it is a really slow day.

:beer:

I would LOVE that house, Ringel.
Also;

You could get a propane tank for cooking and hot water, or a wood pellet stove for heat, cooking and hot water, composting toilet, home made solar panels and if you have a stream on the property with enough vertical drop you could install a cheap Pelton wheel to create electricity. If you're near enough to a power feed that can be hooked into you could do that except the cost goes up dramatically in installation, permits and construction fees.

Cute, but WAAAY too small. It might be okay at first, but I'm sure I would develop some cabin fever and perhaps a bit of claustrophobia after a while.

We definitely have the luxurious life compared to people in the past, and even now compared to some other places.

dunno.gif

Also;

We definitely have the luxurious life compared to people in the past, and even now compared to some other places.

Any American with "poverty consciousness" ought to visit a Third World country and see how well off we are. Even the poor in America have free education, public schools and libraries, clean water and sanitation, police and fire services, national parks, roads and highways, medical care access, not even considering welfare, food stamps and WIC.

Any American with "poverty consciousness" ought to visit a Third World country and see how well off we are. Even the poor in America have free education, public schools and libraries, clean water and sanitation, police and fire services, national parks, roads and highways, medical care access, not even considering welfare, food stamps and WIC.
I was raised in the Orient, and served in Central America, quite familiar with third world countries.

Haiti is a good example. My middle daughter went on two medical missions there and a coworkers daughter is going this summer. I was very happy to help fund her trip. Precisely for the appreciation she will gain for the US.

I spent about 20 minutes in the little one's bed tonight. At first I just got in to warm it up for her before bed, then I decided it would be a good idea to get under the covers and scare her when she came in to go to bed. Unfortunately, my employer decided to let her stay up late tonight, so I was there much longer than I expected. :p

She was startled when I sat up, at least! :D

Forum List

Back