USMB Coffee Shop IV

Yer making me feel cold, GW. Here...share this with me:

fireplace.jpg
My feet are up...is there parmesan cheese on the popcorn?

Dry ranch dressing sprinkled on top is good too. But...its been years since I had popcorn. Can't eat it any more.

Dry ranch dressing sprinkled on top is good too. But...its been years since I had popcorn. Can't eat it any more.

It is my worst vice. When I was pregnant with both kids there were times the only thing I could keep down was plain popcorn. I still love it and regard it as a comfort food, plus it is a reasonably healthy snack. I would really miss it if I had to give it up.

It is my worst vice. When I was pregnant with both kids there were times the only thing I could keep down was plain popcorn. I still love it and regard it as a comfort food, plus it is a reasonably healthy snack. I would really miss it if I had to give it up.

I like popcorn.....but I always end up with a bunch of it stuck in my teeth, and I hate that. If only popcorn could be made without the skin remaining.

I like popcorn.....but I always end up with a bunch of it stuck in my teeth, and I hate that. If only popcorn could be made without the skin remaining.

I hate when it gets stuck in between your tooth and gum. That hurts!

Cops said I had to let her in the house. THIS is about to get ugly.

??? What's up Ernie?
Wife has been gone 5 months. She showed up today.

:( Hope your evening goes better.
I have a couple more hours of cooking to do. She's trying to sleep in the guest bedroom/office. It's a shame my TV is so loud....
If she has been gone 5 months...is that not considered abandonment? Cops shouldn't have told you that you had to let her in. It's a civil matter. Or should be.

Two reasons she came back:

1. Wants to reconcile.
2. Wants you to be stupid, so she can call the police back.

Be smart and have a heart Ernie. Good things could happen.

By the way, I dragged out my old whirly pop and pop all my corn on the stove now. Why? I read the label on the microwave popcorn we had been buying - a whopping 5 grams of TRANS FAT plus additional saturated fat. I had read that the packaging also puts out toxic fumes. So. . .decided maybe the convenience of microwave popcorn wasn't such a good idea.

I knew someone who liked sugar on popcorn. I like it with butter and salt.

I skip the butter..;..just add salt. It isn't that I don't like it with butter, it's just easier to pop the corn, salt it, eat it.

So you use vegetable oil Foxfyre?

Coconut oil when I have it - a bit of canola oil when I don't. Those plus olive oil are the only fats I ever use to cook with. Air popping of course would be the best way to go but I just can't enjoy air popped corn like I do my old fashioned popped on the stove corn method.

I knew someone who liked sugar on popcorn. I like it with butter and salt.

I skip the butter..;..just add salt. It isn't that I don't like it with butter, it's just easier to pop the corn, salt it, eat it.

So you use vegetable oil Foxfyre?

Coconut oil when I have it - a bit of canola oil when I don't. Those plus olive oil are the only fats I ever use to cook with. Air popping of course would be the best way to go but I just can't enjoy air popped corn like I do my old fashioned popped on the stove corn method.

We use something similar to this :
iu

Have to add butter to the popcorn after, even if it's just butter flavored spray, so the salt will stick. :)

I would probably prefer just the bagged microwave popcorn, it's easier and less cleaning, but my employer has the popper, so that's what we use.

Forum List

Back