USMB Coffee Shop IV

Then again, if we drag the inlaws with us and they agree....1000 bucks tops.

You might be able to find that in Florida near the coast, but I haven't been in the state for 6 years now, so I don't have any recent pricing for reference. I just thought it might fit for environment if you can find something in your price range. :)

Green, cheap, close to medical care, no gang infested areas.

No wonder folks live under overpasses. There is nothing affordable. I was researching "Live In Cars" and was reading up on women and their dogs or cat living in their cars because they lost their job, then their home, so have to resort to parking in a spot designated to them by the city of Santa Barbara. They open the gates to the lot at 7pm, everyone has to be out of there by 7am. So the senior women go to the beach or park all day and hang out under the trees OUT of the car....then just before 7pm, they head to the lot. And it is segregated too. Women's lot, men's lot, so the women feel safer.

Did you know it is illegal to live in your car in California? Even finding a roof like a vehicle...cops can still give you a ticket for doing so. I swear, this country is totally fucked up. Even SS doesn't go very far. We can get medical, yes. But a roof? Only a legal one. IF you can afford to pay the atrocious prices home owners ask. I am amazed at the mindset. Old folks puttering around in the garden, being quiet and neat and clean for less money on the property and fixing it up even...vs renting higher rents to someone younger that might lose their job, have screaming kids, drink, do drugs and fucks up your house. Weird.

It's 4:40 AM and I've been home about 45 minutes. The party was a smashing success and the Boston Butt got raves from everyone. There was just enough left so my partners and I had enough for a meal. The music was fantastic as always with our favorite band and we had more people and did more business than any night in the 2 years we've been at it.
I'm 66 years old and have never been an especially tough guy. I've survived my unorthodox life style by having a reputation as too damned crazy to get in a tussle with, but I did myself proud tonight.
We had a couple brothers start to go at it about midnight. I happened to be close by and was able to grab up one of them and gain complete control of a 25 year old 2" taller and 50 pounds heavier. As Toby Keith says, I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was. It felt good, actually; REAL good, truth be told.

No wonder folks live under overpasses. There is nothing affordable. I was researching "Live In Cars" and was reading up on women and their dogs or cat living in their cars because they lost their job, then their home, so have to resort to parking in a spot designated to them by the city of Santa Barbara. They open the gates to the lot at 7pm, everyone has to be out of there by 7am. So the senior women go to the beach or park all day and hang out under the trees OUT of the car....then just before 7pm, they head to the lot. And it is segregated too. Women's lot, men's lot, so the women feel safer.

Did you know it is illegal to live in your car in California? Even finding a roof like a vehicle...cops can still give you a ticket for doing so. I swear, this country is totally fucked up. Even SS doesn't go very far. We can get medical, yes. But a roof? Only a legal one. IF you can afford to pay the atrocious prices home owners ask. I am amazed at the mindset. Old folks puttering around in the garden, being quiet and neat and clean for less money on the property and fixing it up even...vs renting higher rents to someone younger that might lose their job, have screaming kids, drink, do drugs and fucks up your house. Weird.

I don't know what the areas would be like, but there are some apartments available for $500 in the Tampa, FL area, and also in the Jacksonville, FL area. There are some around me here in central GA. $600 would probably be a safer bet and more likely to be outside 'bad parts of town', as it were.

If you can get some sort of roommates, of course, that's always going to make things a lot easier financially. I've been thinking about that lately myself, since I've been looking at my options for when I can no longer do the nanny thing here.

Need a girl car for the daughter....something no self respecting guy would be found dead in.......dont think I could talk her into the new Bug.......any suggestions

I recommend a Subaru Impreza. They're affordable, economical to run, extremely dependable, AWD for all kinds of driving conditions, and one of the safest small cars on the road.
Ran a couple of em by her...... this is going to be a "process"

I don't know what the areas would be like, but there are some apartments available for $500 in the Tampa, FL area, and also in the Jacksonville, FL area. There are some around me here in central GA. $600 would probably be a safer bet and more likely to be outside 'bad parts of town', as it were.

If you can get some sort of roommates, of course, that's always going to make things a lot easier financially. I've been thinking about that lately myself, since I've been looking at my options for when I can no longer do the nanny thing here.
Personally...I am tired of having to live with roommates. But..if that is what I have to do...I will. Doing it now. Just can't afford another house and ask room rates currently being asked by others....which is 600 to 800 per month. I just looked. I am amazed at those prices. And that STILL doesn't make where our payment are what we can afford.

Plus, whomever I rented the house from has to agree to let me sublet rooms. Most management companies do not allow that and if they do, its just another process. I want to be in charge in who I share my home with..not some company.

It's 4:40 AM and I've been home about 45 minutes. The party was a smashing success and the Boston Butt got raves from everyone. There was just enough left so my partners and I had enough for a meal. The music was fantastic as always with our favorite band and we had more people and did more business than any night in the 2 years we've been at it.
I'm 66 years old and have never been an especially tough guy. I've survived my unorthodox life style by having a reputation as too damned crazy to get in a tussle with, but I did myself proud tonight.
We had a couple brothers start to go at it about midnight. I happened to be close by and was able to grab up one of them and gain complete control of a 25 year old 2" taller and 50 pounds heavier. As Toby Keith says, I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was. It felt good, actually; REAL good, truth be told.

We haven't had near that much fun yet, but Damn! It felt good to see that I can still dance.

Personally...I am tired of having to live with roommates. But..if that is what I have to do...I will. Doing it now. Just can't afford another house and ask room rates currently being asked by others....which is 600 to 800 per month. I just looked. I am amazed at those prices. And that STILL doesn't make where our payment are what we can afford.

Plus, whomever I rented the house from has to agree to let me sublet rooms. Most management companies do not allow that and if they do, its just another process. I want to be in charge in who I share my home with..not some company.

Gracie Do you know why he wants the house vacated? Is it to sell? If so he may be sorry.

Gracie Do you know why he wants the house vacated? Is it to sell? If so he may be sorry.
He is 70, sick, and has personal issues. Where he is now is 1400 per month with stairs which he cannot handle anymore due to COPD and other health issues. He will never sell it. He wants it for himself or to let his family have which will pay a helluva lot more than what we are paying. If he put it on the market...which he will never do because it is paid for with no mortgage..he can get 375,000.00 for it....easily. Or more.

He is 70, sick, and has personal issues. Where he is now is 1400 per month with stairs which he cannot handle anymore due to COPD and other health issues. He will never sell it. He wants it for himself or to let his family have which will pay a helluva lot more than what we are paying. If he put it on the market...which he will never do because it is paid for with no mortgage..he can get 375,000.00 for it....easily. Or more.

Oh. Shoot. Okay. :(

I still say you will work this out. I know you....your brain. It may seem impossible now, but something will come to you..

I have 3 plans in mind that will benefit me and MrG, and him as well. If those don't work, Plan D...which is...move to San Bernardino, which is what I am trying to avoid. My friend has a good set up and we can help. She owns the house but is making payments and hates having to have roomies that are strangers. She wants us. Problem is...she and I are very much alike. Strong willed. We butt heads often. And although I care very much for her husband, he is a crackhead and suffers COPD from his time in the Navy. The COPD does not bother me. The crack does.

I have 3 plans in mind that will benefit me and MrG, and him as well. If those don't work, Plan D...which is...move to San Bernardino, which is what I am trying to avoid. My friend has a good set up and we can help. She owns the house but is making payments and hates having to have roomies that are strangers. She wants us. Problem is...she and I are very much alike. Strong willed. We butt heads often. And although I care very much for her husband, he is a crackhead and suffers COPD from his time in the Navy. The COPD does not bother me. The crack does.

Ugh....well I sure can see why. I could not do that either.

I might not have a choice. Unless I can find something else...which is what I am doing if plans A, B, C don't work.
I look every day. State by state, city by city, town by town. From "get up in the morning" to "bed time in the wee hours" non stop. Constantly.

But for the Grace Of God Go I, I think. Never take anything from granted.

I might not have a choice. Unless I can find something else...which is what I am doing if plans A, B, C don't work.
I look every day. State by state, city by city, town by town. From get up to bed time. Constantly.

I sure can understand that. I would be freaking. Try not to let it make you sick though..

Oh, I am already starting another flare up but trying to keep it in check although yes..I am still freaking. Just in think mode now instead of OMG mode.

Oh, I am already starting another flare up but trying to keep it in check although yes..I am still freaking. Just in think mode now instead of OMG mode.

Sigh. I truly am so sorry. It sucks. :smiliehug:

Forum List

Back