USMB Coffee Shop IV

I know, I know, that was an old joke.

But for our weekend class, let's do psychology.
Dr. Carol Ritberger, a renowned psychologist believes that there are 4 personality types: Red, Orange, Yellow and Green. Take this test to find out which color YOU are

A psychologist believes there are only four types of personality. Which one do you have?

466e5b3b-a059-43d0-860e-3880e309ed3a_560_420.jpg

For Foxfyre:
You have a GREEN personality! According to Dr. Carol Ritberger, you are generally an upbeat, "go with the flow" kind of person. You're a dreamer, so you love to create. You are fun-loving, optimistic, and a natural motivator. Dr. Ritberger adds that as a Green, you tend to hold tension in your neck and shoulders. Breathing will release this tension.
Red

Dr. Carol Ritberger, a renowned psychologist believes that there are 4 personality types: Red, Orange, Yellow and Green. Take this test to find out which color YOU are

A psychologist believes there are only four types of personality. Which one do you have?

For Foxfyre:
You have a GREEN personality! According to Dr. Carol Ritberger, you are generally an upbeat, "go with the flow" kind of person. You're a dreamer, so you love to create. You are fun-loving, optimistic, and a natural motivator. Dr. Ritberger adds that as a Green, you tend to hold tension in your neck and shoulders. Breathing will release this tension.
Red

I have no idea what it says about any of the colors but green. But I think I would have guessed red for you. :)

For Foxfyre:
Red

I have no idea what it says about any of the colors but green. But I think I would have guessed red for you. :)
Red is let's get to it and get 'er done., A planner and deep thinker. Tension is held in he lower back.

Well hell. The owner of the house told us yesterday that we have until june..maybe july...to find a new abode. He wants his house back. So since yesterday..I have been freaking out. I don't know what we are going to do. I love it here but...can't afford it. Rent for a 2 bedroom is not less than 2000...a 3 bedroom is 2500 to 2800. A 4 bedroom (which this house is now because we converted the garage and built an enclosed patio room on our dime) goes for 3000 up to 5000 PER MONTH. The only way we could survive after I closed my shop and got sick so couldn't work any more and same with MrG, was to make those two extra rooms and rent them out.

So...things have been going smoothly until yesterday. I KNEW when that new roof went up, shit would hit the fan. And it did. We are paying less than the above price for a 2 bedroom and have been here 10 years. He said when we moved in "don't bug me and I won't bug you". So we haven't bugged him. And he has not raised the rent. So we have been doing ok. Roof, food, gas, able to pay utilities but not much else. NOW he wants his house back but at least gave me 4 months to make other arrangements. Problem is....problem number two hit me this afternoon. One of the roomies is giving notice. So that means we can't even pay the agreed upon rent from 10 years ago unless we get another roomie and the new roomie can only live here a scant few months before we ALL have to go.

We don't know what to do. Things are hectic. We have a choice to leave this town we have been in for the past 27 years and where our doctors are and the beach and the small town atmosphere....or we can go south to San Bernardino to a friends house whose husband is a crack head......or northeast to the inlaws where all their kin lives with him stacked in corners in sleeping bags and don't pay the inlaws diddly squat while sucking off their generosity....or live in our cars and stay here on the coast pretty much homeless except living in our vehicles. Even a studio here goes for 900 per month or more and its temporary for college students rental and 1 bedrooms are 1200 per month.

And next month, one less roomie. Oy. Maybe I should be a drunk. Maybe I wouldn't stress so much on what to do or what is going to happen to us.

Prayers, please.

For Foxfyre:
Red

Red is let's get to it and get 'er done., A planner and deep thinker. Tension is held in he lower back.

And without knowing you very well, that is how I see you. Do you see yourself that way?

Meanwhile...I finished the damn dresser. Not quite what I had in mind, but...I've been a wreck so I have an excuse. I hope it sells fast.

hwzpn5.jpg

ic1ykg.jpg

3127j2d.jpg

For Foxfyre:
Red

And without knowing you very well, that is how I see you. Do you see yourself that way?
Yes and all the men in my family are like that. Took my dad forever though to let me get a car.:biggrin:

For Foxfyre:
You have a YELLOW personality! According to Dr. Carol Ritberger, this means that you are an independent, creative person. You tend to think outside the box, and you greatly value your freedom. You are vibrant and friendly. Dr. Ritberger adds that as a Yellow, you tend to hold stress in your abdominal area, and when you feel out of control, you are prone to tension headaches.

Well hell. The owner of the house told us yesterday that we have until june..maybe july...to find a new abode. He wants his house back. So since yesterday..I have been freaking out. I don't know what we are going to do. I love it here but...can't afford it. Rent for a 2 bedroom is not less than 2000...a 3 bedroom is 2500 to 2800. A 4 bedroom (which this house is now because we converted the garage and built an enclosed patio room on our dime) goes for 3000 up to 5000 PER MONTH. The only way we could survive after I closed my shop and got sick so couldn't work any more and same with MrG, was to make those two extra rooms and rent them out.

So...things have been going smoothly until yesterday. I KNEW when that new roof went up, shit would hit the fan. And it did. We are paying less than the above price for a 2 bedroom and have been here 10 years. He said when we moved in "don't bug me and I won't bug you". So we haven't bugged him. And he has not raised the rent. So we have been doing ok. Roof, food, gas, able to pay utilities but not much else. NOW he wants his house back but at least gave me 4 months to make other arrangements. Problem is....problem number two hit me this afternoon. One of the roomies is giving notice. So that means we can't even pay the agreed upon rent from 10 years ago unless we get another roomie and the new roomie can only live here a scant few months before we ALL have to go.

We don't know what to do. Things are hectic. We have a choice to leave this town we have been in for the past 27 years and where our doctors are and the beach and the small town atmosphere....or we can go south to San Bernardino to a friends house whose husband is a crack head......or northeast to the inlaws where all their kin lives with him stacked in corners in sleeping bags and don't pay the inlaws diddly squat while sucking off their generosity....or live in our cars and stay here on the coast pretty much homeless except living in our vehicles. Even a studio here goes for 900 per month or more and its temporary for college students rental and 1 bedrooms are 1200 per month.

And next month, one less roomie. Oy. Maybe I should be a drunk. Maybe I wouldn't stress so much on what to do or what is going to happen to us.

Prayers, please.

Prayers absolutely Grace. But as we have discussed, there are a whole bunch of places that are cheaper than almost anywhere in California. You might have to give up some aesthetics but you might find some plusses you don't have now too. But only you two will ultimately know what is best for you to do. At least you do have some options however unattractive they might be.

For Foxfyre:
You have a YELLOW personality! According to Dr. Carol Ritberger, this means that you are an independent, creative person. You tend to think outside the box, and you greatly value your freedom. You are vibrant and friendly. Dr. Ritberger adds that as a Yellow, you tend to hold stress in your abdominal area, and when you feel out of control, you are prone to tension headaches.

Well based on what you just posted, sure sounds like you. Yes?

Meanwhile...I finished the damn dresser. Not quite what I had in mind, but...I've been a wreck so I have an excuse. I hope it sells fast.

hwzpn5.jpg

ic1ykg.jpg

3127j2d.jpg
Better shoot it before it grabs somebody.

I missed this post so glad Hossfly quoted it. It's gorgeous Gracie. I would buy that in a heartbeat if I could afford it which I can't.

For Foxfyre:

Well based on what you just posted, sure sounds like you. Yes?
Yes....it sounds like me. My guts are a twisted mess right now and yep...a doozy of a headache.

Need a girl car for the daughter....something no self respecting guy would be found dead in.......dont think I could talk her into the new Bug.......any suggestions

I recommend a Subaru Impreza. They're affordable, economical to run, extremely dependable, AWD for all kinds of driving conditions, and one of the safest small cars on the road.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Mr. Kat
For every happiness for Sherry and WQ,
Sherry’s Mom,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. And Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Againsheila, Alan, Noomi, Spoonman, Freedombecki, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

1276060915_1275997693_unusual_places_to_sleep_02.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

hwzpn5.jpg

ic1ykg.jpg

3127j2d.jpg

Love, Love your work.....always...♥♥

Prayers, please.

You have my prayers.....you better believe it.
Hopefully something is going to come up........and I believe it will.
I see good for your future. ♥♥

I'm tired. Been on Craigslist I think in 5 or 6 states and just about every town looking for what is affordable. Got some places saved for delving deeper. Going to be looking at further east of us, past colorado maybe towards ark, ok, maybe upper texas. There HAS to be a smallish town somewhere not in the middle of a desert with scorpions, cactus, tumble weeds. If I can't have ocean...I need GREEN.

I have a plan. A temporary one, but..I won't know if it will come to fruitation but it may give us more time to hunt. If not...then we plan to have a big sale and get rid of everything we do not need, store the rest in a storage unit here at "home base" town, then take off on a super road trip and check out the places I marked down as "potentials". Gonna sell the pcs and get a laptop and share it. 2 hours for MrG, 2 hours for me, back and forth. We were going to get a trailer but I don't want the hassle of pulling it. We will just wagon train it with me and the stuff we need in the van (ice chest, small hibachi or small coleman stove for soup), maybe a tent to attach to the van for campgrounds and MrG in his truck backed up or next to the van. I am slowly putting plan A, plan B, plan C together. But I still have a headache and I can't get MrG to eat a damn thing. I cooked him an egg and he finally ate it on top of some toast. Me, I have eaten once today. Just not hungry.

We are too fucking old for this shit.

I'm tired. Been on Craigslist I think in 5 or 6 states and just about every town looking for what is affordable. Got some places saved for delving deeper. Going to be looking at further east of us, past colorado maybe towards ark, ok, maybe upper texas. There HAS to be a smallish town somewhere not in the middle of a desert with scorpions, cactus, tumble weeds. If I can't have ocean...I need GREEN.

I have a plan. A temporary one, but..I won't know if it will come to fruitation but it may give us more time to hunt. If not...then we plan to have a big sale and get rid of everything we do not need, store the rest in a storage unit here at "home base" town, then take off on a super road trip and check out the places I marked down as "potentials". Gonna sell the pcs and get a laptop and share it. 2 hours for MrG, 2 hours for me, back and forth. We were going to get a trailer but I don't want the hassle of pulling it. We will just wagon train it with me and the stuff we need in the van (ice chest, small hibachi or small coleman stove for soup), maybe a tent to attach to the van for campgrounds and MrG in his truck backed up or next to the van. I am slowly putting plan A, plan B, plan C together. But I still have a headache and I can't get MrG to eat a damn thing. I cooked him an egg and he finally ate it on top of some toast. Me, I have eaten once today. Just not hungry.

We are too fucking old for this shit.

:smiliehug:

I think you are doing great, and have some great ideas so far. I knew your brain would start working. I have no doubt you will get things all figured out.
I hate for you two that this is happening though. But, in the end you may love it! I sure hope so.

Forum List

Back