USMB Coffee Shop IV

Greeting! Pogo say this nice part USMB and I come for see.

I maybe express idea to get start. I like picture with these dogs above but I am not understand why is joke? Who is Smith or Wesson that make them dog funny?

Pogo tells me you are a ballet dancer? What's the name of your company (troupe)? You might really enjoy this thread. I also was in ballet. :)

Ballet

I study ballet but not work now. I employ with American musical theatre not ballet is modern western style of dance. To be pay for ballet is only dream. I use ballet preparation before rehearse or perform, demi-plié, full grande plié, Port de bras all position. You must be know of this so I boring you with detail. Other girl ask me what I do why I do these but I not get ache of muscle or injure. I think who teach them dance? :)

I don't think it's boring at all! I like talking about dance! :) I took ballet as a child and then again for a while when I was a teen. I haven't done it in YEARS though. Pointe shoes are painful, no? :D

No pain from pointe shoe. Must fit correct. Weak foot then pain. Is tight then pain. Shoe soft then pain. Box to much wide or short then pain. Shoe loose then pain. Shoe fit correct with strong foot no pain. My job make me wear heel to dance this difficult to me however I become accustom to heel thus better.

I haven't worn pointe shoes in years, but they always hurt my feet. I don't get pain from heels. I'm short, so I wear them all the time. Lol! :D

My heel I purchase not hurt for walk but show shoe is different. I employ various method to make shoe comfort for strenuous dance. Every show get new shoe! :(

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
For every happiness for Sherry and WQ,
Sherry’s Mom,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. And Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Gracie's eye surgery and stop smoking project,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Nosmo's eye surgery,
Rod, GW's partner,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia
upload_2016-4-12_0-3-35.png

Pogo tells me you are a ballet dancer? What's the name of your company (troupe)? You might really enjoy this thread. I also was in ballet. :)

Ballet

I study ballet but not work now. I employ with American musical theatre not ballet is modern western style of dance. To be pay for ballet is only dream. I use ballet preparation before rehearse or perform, demi-plié, full grande plié, Port de bras all position. You must be know of this so I boring you with detail. Other girl ask me what I do why I do these but I not get ache of muscle or injure. I think who teach them dance? :)

I don't think it's boring at all! I like talking about dance! :) I took ballet as a child and then again for a while when I was a teen. I haven't done it in YEARS though. Pointe shoes are painful, no? :D

No pain from pointe shoe. Must fit correct. Weak foot then pain. Is tight then pain. Shoe soft then pain. Box to much wide or short then pain. Shoe loose then pain. Shoe fit correct with strong foot no pain. My job make me wear heel to dance this difficult to me however I become accustom to heel thus better.

I haven't worn pointe shoes in years, but they always hurt my feet. I don't get pain from heels. I'm short, so I wear them all the time. Lol! :D

My heel I purchase not hurt for walk but show shoe is different. I employ various method to make shoe comfort for strenuous dance. Every show get new shoe! :(

Did you ever do tap dancing? I used to love my tap shoes. I wanted to wear them everywhere because I loved how they "click-click." :D

Okay, that requires us to consider that Tatyana may not have been introduced to this bit of American culture yet. We note that the player on first base in the photo is "Hu".

... This very confuse me. They men speak quickly and much dynamic volume. I discover much American humor use phrase awkward way for comedy and this I have difficult understand. I understand concept but not know multiple use of phrase. My shows use many joke I do not understand but audience enjoy so then is good.

They do speak very quickly. I hadn't thought of that. Most Americans have the comedy routine partly memorized so we don't really notice. Are you familiar with American baseball? I'm headed to bed for now--it is past midnight in New Mexico--but if you do know the game a little, we can better explain why Hu in the photo being on first base is funny.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
For every happiness for Sherry and WQ,
Sherry’s Mom,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. And Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Gracie's eye surgery and stop smoking project,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Nosmo's eye surgery,
Rod, GW's partner,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia
View attachment 71027

Beautiful! I wish I was there right now! Lol.

Did you ever do tap dancing? I used to love my tap shoes. I wanted to wear them everywhere because I loved how they "click-click." :D
I never try tap.

I never try tap.

Tap is fun! You should try it some time. Well, it was nice talking to you, Tatyana. I'm going to sleep now. :bye1: Have a good night!

Okay, that requires us to consider that Tatyana may not have been introduced to this bit of American culture yet. We note that the player on first base in the photo is "Hu".

... This very confuse me. They men speak quickly and much dynamic volume. I discover much American humor use phrase awkward way for comedy and this I have difficult understand. I understand concept but not know multiple use of phrase. My shows use many joke I do not understand but audience enjoy so then is good.

They do speak very quickly. I hadn't thought of that. Most Americans have the comedy routine partly memorized so we don't really notice. Are you familiar with American baseball? I'm headed to bed for now--it is past midnight in New Mexico--but if you do know the game a little, we can better explain why Hu in the photo being on first base is funny.

I understand some baseball. I see Kansas City Royal win World Series by invite of friend. Wonderful party began after which I learn of American apple whiskey. Much delicious.

Ballet

Show shoes!

I understand some baseball. I see Kansas City Royal win World Series by invite of friend. Wonderful party began after which I learn of American apple whiskey. Much delicious.

Okay. The Abbott and Costello "Who's on First" routine, first performed some 70+ years ago, has become a famous bit of Americana that all Americans know and understand. It pops up in friendly conversation now and then. The theme begins with them presumably at a baseball game. Some guy named "Who" is on first base. So Costello asks Abbott "Who is on first?" Abbott replies "Who". Costello doesn't understand that "Who" is actually the guy's name. And in the confusion it turns out a guy named "What" is on second base and a guy named "Idontknow" is on third base. It gets completely confusing but in that day it was funny. Now it is just famous.

Oh, and I'm really jealous that you got to see that game. How wonderful.

Some of the script:

Abbott: Who.

Costello: The first baseman.

Abbott: Who.

Costello: The guy playing...

Abbott: Who is on first!

Costello: I'm asking you who's on first.

Abbott: That's the man's name.

Costello: That's who's name?

Abbott: Yes.

Costello: Well go ahead and tell me.

Abbott: That's it.

Costello: That's who?

Abbott: Yes. PAUSE

Costello: Look, you gotta first baseman?

Abbott: Certainly.

Costello: Who's playing first?

Abbott: That's right.

Abbott: Who's on first.

Costello: One base at a time!

Abbott: Well, don't change the players around.

Costello: I'm not changing nobody!

Abbott: Take it easy, buddy.

Costello: I'm only asking you, who's the guy on first base?

Abbott: That's right.

Costello: OK.

Abbott: Alright. PAUSE

Costello: What's the guy's name on first base?

Abbott: No. What is on second.

Costello: I'm not asking you who's on second.

Abbott: Who's on first.

Costello: I don't know.

Abbott: He's on third, we're not talking about him. . . .
Abbott and Costello, Who's on first? text

who-on-first.jpg

This came out last spring and I laughed my butt off over it and showed my 26 year old bartender who simply stared blankly. I found the routine on youtube and played it for her. For the rest of the day, she would go into fits of laughter.
One of our regulars walked in and she asked "What can I get you?" and she giggled a bit. The guy looked at her like she was nuts. When he replied "Oh, I don't know" she blurted out "3rd base" and I nearly had to take over the bar for the afternoon.

The extremely loud thunder this morning, woke up all of the residents of willowlakes at around 3:00 a.m. :)
It's good to get our regular April rains just not quite so early.

Tuesday grin for the morning.

funny-animal-pictures-112.jpg

Accuweather says rain is to start here in 62 minutes. I'll believe it when I see it but the radar does show light showers south of us moving this way sort of.

Fascinating new idea being discussed on twitter. They are talking about building thousands of tiny space probes the size of mobile phones, and sending them to Alpha Centauri (the nearest star) to search for planets. It will take them twenty years to get there, so some of us are too old to last long enough to see the results.

Yes, we are really excited, 2 weeks to Alaska, all the way up to Kodiak. We went on our first cruise last year and my husband liked it so much he said we could do 2 weeks for our anniversary. I hope it's as much fun as our first one, I lost 7 pounds. My sister said "How could you lose weight on a cruise?" I just pointed out that I talked all through dinner instead of eating it. lol It was fun.
I agree with your sister, how can anyone loose weight on a cruise!?
If you have time, and I can swing it, let me know if you'll have time in Anchorage. I'll take you and your hubby to dinner (or lunch, or breakfast).

My hubby is a little leary about going out with people I met online. He asked me if you were an okay person or strange. I said you were an okay person and strange.
I agree that meeting on-line acquaintances might be tricky. I've met a couple of people from this forum in person, and there have been group get-togethers with people from other forums. They always worked out pretty well, and there are always some surprises. Most people don't look much like you picture them in you mind's eye, for instance. If you prefer, I can make some recommendations of good places to find some chow around town, too.

No, I'm good if you want to meet us. We currently have no excursion for Anchorage, it should be fun.
It would be my honor! You have nothing to fear, especially with hubby on board. PM me when you get closer to the time. What do you like to eat?

I like a lot of stuff but my husband pretty much only likes chicken and hamburger.....<sigh>

Long time, no see. How is everyone? I've been so busy I don't get time to post around much anymore.

Hi Spoonman
hey, how are you?

Pretty good. My husband retired last December so I have twice as much husband on half as much money. Sometimes he drives me crazy, but it's a short trip anyway. :D We're going on a cruise in may, looks like we'll be having a meal with a fellow coffee shop member. It will be fun.

Forum List

Back