USMB Coffee Shop IV

Yes, we are really excited, 2 weeks to Alaska, all the way up to Kodiak. We went on our first cruise last year and my husband liked it so much he said we could do 2 weeks for our anniversary. I hope it's as much fun as our first one, I lost 7 pounds. My sister said "How could you lose weight on a cruise?" I just pointed out that I talked all through dinner instead of eating it. lol It was fun.
I agree with your sister, how can anyone loose weight on a cruise!?
If you have time, and I can swing it, let me know if you'll have time in Anchorage. I'll take you and your hubby to dinner (or lunch, or breakfast).

My hubby is a little leary about going out with people I met online. He asked me if you were an okay person or strange. I said you were an okay person and strange.
I agree that meeting on-line acquaintances might be tricky. I've met a couple of people from this forum in person, and there have been group get-togethers with people from other forums. They always worked out pretty well, and there are always some surprises. Most people don't look much like you picture them in you mind's eye, for instance. If you prefer, I can make some recommendations of good places to find some chow around town, too.

I just heard a news report about a man in Leominster who was killed while cutting down a tree branch in a bucket truck. The man apparently wasn't wearing a harness and the branch hit the bucket, and the man fell out from 60 feet and was killed. That's scary to me because my son does that for a living. He not only works in a bucket but he also "spikes" up the trees when they can't reach it or get to it with the bucket. He's only 21, so he is still fearless. I'm going to text him right now and tell him that he'd better wear his harness and be careful!

It is scary when our kids have dangerous jobs (our son) or are the fearless types that aren't the most safety conscious (our daughter). But what are you going to do?
My son is Special Forces in the Army. Does that count as dangerous?
Army Special Forces? Buncha wusses........ :D
He decided to go Special Forces because Armored Infantry was too whimpy for him. My daughter is happier because hubby may go on frequent deployments, but they are short and he's actually home more than he was before. Those 12-13 month away-from-home "vacays" put a lot of stress on a relationship.

I got done with work about an hour ago, and now I have to stay up because I have to take my car back to the shop. Something else is wrong with it and it's making funny noises. I'm starting to get really annoyed about it. I'm only a few months away from paying it off, and it's only 5 years old!! I was hoping to keep it for at least 2 more years after I paid it off because I don't want to have make car payments every darn month!!! It would be nice if I could get the car fixed and not keep having problem after problem! So, it's not worth it to go to bed now and only sleep for a couple of hours, so I have to stay awake and have the mechanic look at my car again. Hopefully he can fix it today and I can have my car back tonight. :mad: I'm so aggravated about car problems.

Lame. Sorry to hear about your car troubles.
It always seems to work that way. We paid off the Jeep last year and not a week later we had to purchase a new car b/c mine went to that big dealership in the sky. lol. It was fun not having a car payment for that week.
It helps, being a mechanic. My main commuter is a '87 Jeep Cherokee that runs great. But given the number of Jeeps, of all vintages, you see up here, I'm guessing they're a pretty good choice for long-lasting, robust stamina.

What about a Chevy Impala? :D
Don't know much about them. I tend to have 4WD or AWD vehicles because they handle better in snowy, icy conditions. My driveway is also a total mess in the spring and it helps to have some ground clearance, as well. I'd drive the diesel Dodge but the Jeep gets much better gas mileage.

I got done with work about an hour ago, and now I have to stay up because I have to take my car back to the shop. Something else is wrong with it and it's making funny noises. I'm starting to get really annoyed about it. I'm only a few months away from paying it off, and it's only 5 years old!! I was hoping to keep it for at least 2 more years after I paid it off because I don't want to have make car payments every darn month!!! It would be nice if I could get the car fixed and not keep having problem after problem! So, it's not worth it to go to bed now and only sleep for a couple of hours, so I have to stay awake and have the mechanic look at my car again. Hopefully he can fix it today and I can have my car back tonight. :mad: I'm so aggravated about car problems.

It always seems to work that way. We paid off the Jeep last year and not a week later we had to purchase a new car b/c mine went to that big dealership in the sky. lol. It was fun not having a car payment for that week.
It helps, being a mechanic. My main commuter is a '87 Jeep Cherokee that runs great. But given the number of Jeeps, of all vintages, you see up here, I'm guessing they're a pretty good choice for long-lasting, robust stamina.

Don't know much about them. I tend to have 4WD or AWD vehicles because they handle better in snowy, icy conditions. My driveway is also a total mess in the spring and it helps to have some ground clearance, as well. I'd drive the diesel Dodge but the Jeep gets much better gas mileage.

I was kidding! Lol. :D My car is doing fine now, BTW. It was just some loose bracket underneath my car that was making the noises.

I just heard a news report about a man in Leominster who was killed while cutting down a tree branch in a bucket truck. The man apparently wasn't wearing a harness and the branch hit the bucket, and the man fell out from 60 feet and was killed. That's scary to me because my son does that for a living. He not only works in a bucket but he also "spikes" up the trees when they can't reach it or get to it with the bucket. He's only 21, so he is still fearless. I'm going to text him right now and tell him that he'd better wear his harness and be careful!

It is scary when our kids have dangerous jobs (our son) or are the fearless types that aren't the most safety conscious (our daughter). But what are you going to do?
He decided to go Special Forces because Armored Infantry was too whimpy for him. My daughter is happier because hubby may go on frequent deployments, but they are short and he's actually home more than he was before. Those 12-13 month away-from-home "vacays" put a lot of stress on a relationship.
I was joking, inter-service rivalry....... Go SEALs!!!! :D

Greeting! Pogo say this nice part USMB and I come for see.

I maybe express idea to get start. I like picture with these dogs above but I am not understand why is joke? Who is Smith or Wesson that make them dog funny?
Greetings, Tatyana! The Coffee Shop is indeed a better place to practice your English and get to know Americans without the rough-and-tumble, no punches-pulled acrimony you find in places where politics and religion raise their ugly heads.
If I can figure it out, I might try to practice my (very rusty) Russian on you!

I was kidding! Lol. :D My car is doing fine now, BTW. It was just some loose bracket underneath my car that was making the noises.
A loose bracket is an easy fix. Good thing you weren't dragging the neighbor's cat, or a tree branch, or some such. Oh, and we don't see a lot of Impalas up here. I'd have to look, but I suspect they may be a special order item at the local dealership.

Pepe, my little mule.......

a-off-road-machine-0.jpg

I was joking, inter-service rivalry....... Go SEALs!!!! :D
Inter-service rivalry adds spice to being an elite troop. At least there are others somewhere who are equal to kicking ass/being ass-kicked. Anyone less is like beating up baby seals.

Pepe, my little mule.......

a-off-road-machine-0.jpg
While practical in some venues, that looks like a backache waiting to happen. And unless that's a spare tire up top, visibility might be an issue, too.

Yes, we are really excited, 2 weeks to Alaska, all the way up to Kodiak. We went on our first cruise last year and my husband liked it so much he said we could do 2 weeks for our anniversary. I hope it's as much fun as our first one, I lost 7 pounds. My sister said "How could you lose weight on a cruise?" I just pointed out that I talked all through dinner instead of eating it. lol It was fun.
I agree with your sister, how can anyone loose weight on a cruise!?
If you have time, and I can swing it, let me know if you'll have time in Anchorage. I'll take you and your hubby to dinner (or lunch, or breakfast).

My hubby is a little leary about going out with people I met online. He asked me if you were an okay person or strange. I said you were an okay person and strange.
I agree that meeting on-line acquaintances might be tricky. I've met a couple of people from this forum in person, and there have been group get-togethers with people from other forums. They always worked out pretty well, and there are always some surprises. Most people don't look much like you picture them in you mind's eye, for instance. If you prefer, I can make some recommendations of good places to find some chow around town, too.

No, I'm good if you want to meet us. We currently have no excursion for Anchorage, it should be fun.

Ballet confuses me, the moves all have French names, but Russians are the best at it. Then Russian ballet stars defect to the United States and eventually reitire to Florida, which has little to no ballet dancing.
If I recall my history, in the beginning of the 20th Century, the Russians went through a period referred to as the "Silver Age" during which all things French, but particularly literature, were viewed as culturally enlightened.

The Pageant on the Hillside went off nearly hitch-less this past Sunday. We had two performances scheduled this weekend but weather calls the shots in April. Aside from November, I think April is the least reliable weather months. We had three to five inches predicted for Saturday. Weather apps were buzzing, text messages were dispatched and by 10:00 am the Saturday performance was canceled.

I play the voice of John, Andrew the first criminal crucified with Jesus and I provide the screams of agony when the criminals are crucified. You really need a tenor for screaming. Baritones bellow, they can't scream as if you are being scalped or caught something special in a not so special place.

This year my brother and I were speaking our roles side by side (think about a radio show performance with costumed actor pantomiming the actions) Anyway, the local newspaper was writing a publicity piece and we wer duly photographed as we spoke. We made the front page of the Evening Review (circulation 25,000), below the fold.

We did get enough snow to cover the hillside Saturday before the scheduled opening. Some fifty five citizens and Christians participated in the Pageant. Because of, or in spite of last year's cancellation we ended up with a bigger budget. We sewed some new costumes, bought a couple of new wigs and false beards, even had a new magic stone to roll to and from the tomb.

It looks like a big cookie decorated by an abstract face. There's a hidden pulley on the back and after Dave, er ah... Jesus is laid in the tomb he hooks up a rope to the pulley and slowly rolls away the stone while the audience's attention is drawn by a trio of women discussing the recent events as they stroll along toward the tomb.

An angel appears at the tomb. The angel is a 500 watt halogen work light and a smoke machine.

Rolling Stones, bright lights and smoke effects!

I can't get no satisfaction!

It worked out pretty well for me.:eusa_whistle:

Long time, no see. How is everyone? I've been so busy I don't get time to post around much anymore.

Spoonie!!! Welcome back. You've been on the 'light left on' list for like forever too, but at least you do check in every few months. Busy is good though. Hope all is well with you and yours. At least you're out of your Christmas avatar. :)
I'm in my boat now. planning a kayak trip in june to the Adirondacks. a lot of the lakes are connected by rivers up there. so we're starting in one passing through another and ending up in a third. camping along the way.

It worked out pretty well for me.:eusa_whistle:
you're dating someone you met online?

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
For every happiness for Sherry and WQ,
Sherry’s Mom,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. And Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Gracie's eye surgery and stop smoking project,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Nosmo's eye surgery,
Rod, GW's partner,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

russian-state-ballet-swan-lake1.jpg

yeah, where's Ollie?

He checks in every now and then just to say hi and is busy elsewhere, but I am in regular contact with him so know he's okay. It's just those that disappear on us we worry about. :) Just like I added Oddball back on because he is no longer checking in at another place where I knew he was okay. Those I see are involved elsewhere I assume are okay so I don't put them on the 'lights on' list. Those that left the Coffee Shop because they didn't love us any more I don't put on the list. And there are probably some who should be on the list but for whatever reason were inadvertently not put on. It's always risky to keep such lists for the reason somebody could be upset that they were included or inadvertently omitted, but I think the risk is probably worth it.
oddball, was he the parasailing guy? i'll get an email from him out of the blue when he is going to be in my area.

Forum List

Back