USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. Still intermittent clouds here, a sprinkle now and then, and chilly. Snow on the mountain pretty far down for this time of year, so feels and looks more like mid spring is supposed to look and feel. Summer will return later in the week though. Taxes are done and emailed, so glad that's over with for another year. Now deciding what or if I want to do that is productive today.
Seems like here. Intermittent rain, but no additional snow. Temps far above normal, record-breaking, in fact. There's already a burn-ban in effect it's so dry.

I just got a call from my Cousin that my Mom passed away this morning.
She was 90 so she had a real good and long life.
I am in shock because I called her Sat. morning and she was doing well.
Then she called me Sat. evening wanting to know if I called her because she could not get to the phone in time.
She sounded very good.
My cousin said the senior home where she was staying at, told him she got up and got dressed and then went to breakfast and then went back to her apartment and went to sleep and never woke up.
She was a good woman and very kind so the lord was very good to her.
Not many go this peacefully.
Best to you in your loss, Peach. I agree, may all of us go so peacefully and so fulfilled.

Okay in a
Okay Gracie, I think I found your house--not a teepee but better. Total cost $11,000 finished and ready to move in. The only thing is you would need to find a location with the requisite utilities and where zoning restrictions would allow it.

fdsdf3.jpg

mm6.jpg

mm5.jpg

mm4.jpg

mm3.jpg

m2.jpg

mm1.jpg

PHOTOS: She Was Told It Couldn’t Be Done. So She Took $11,000 And Built THIS. The Inside? Wow!
Okay in a warmer climate. Six months of winter in there and I'd be screeching.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so narrow.
I've lived in a 28' travel trailer for 9 years. Narrow is a relative concept.

Okay Gracie, I think I found your house--not a teepee but better. Total cost $11,000 finished and ready to move in. The only thing is you would need to find a location with the requisite utilities and where zoning restrictions would allow it.

fdsdf3.jpg

mm6.jpg

mm5.jpg

mm4.jpg

mm3.jpg

m2.jpg

mm1.jpg

PHOTOS: She Was Told It Couldn’t Be Done. So She Took $11,000 And Built THIS. The Inside? Wow!
I love this! But..where is MrG's? We would have to build two cuz I ain't living in that with him. He's too damn big. And he snores. :lol:

Windows keeps bugging me to download Windows 10. I don't want to!

I finally gave in because Hombre did and I'm the closest thing to an IT guy that we have. So to help him through the process, I went ahead and upgraded to WIN 10. Has been okay.

I've "lost" the clothes that no longer fit, with few exceptions. Some of my German ethnic stuff remains. I suppose if I continue to lose weight, I'll fit again, and I'd like my granddaughters to enjoy the rarity of such things. Things that I know I could mend (Yes, I know how to darn socks), I still toss. I haven't the time right now to attend such things and may eventually regret that. I'll keep the darning egg and yarn, though. The partner has junk that has rusted or deteriorate beyond salvage and it needs to go away. I did let him keep the tailgate from the 2012 Dodge that we recently had replaced. He wants to repair it so we have a replacement. I suspect that will also eventually go away. Of course, even though I forbade stowage of non-operational automobiles on the property, there's still an S10 with alders growing through the frame that I will have to have hauled out of there. Who knows when one will be able to use those parts? My partner is a hard-core, out-of-control hoarder. If intervention is not provided, he will eventually die when a pile of crap falls on him.

He hoards crap?!? :ack-1:
Actually, yes. At one point, he quite proudly proclaimed that the goat shit in the kitchen was turning to soil. He was fostering a kid that needed nursing. More recently, my buddy who has been "mucking out" the partner's truck has discovered an entire layer of "shit" that features goat poo.

At least goat poo isn't quite as offensive as some poo.

Ernie, pour me a stiff one.
What's your poison? We have a pretty good selection of high end tequilas and bourbons.

Do you think most of your clients can tell the difference between high end tequila and bourbon and the stuff most people buy?
Many can. Most can't. Some drink a certain bourbon because it's trendy but probably, given a shot of Kentucky Tavern $12/bottle and Pappy Van Winkles 23 year old at $250/bottle, couldn't tell which was which.
I do remember I could tell the difference between a good tequila and the cheap stuff.

Yeah....10 has some issues. I lost my paintshoppro...had to download another version of it that I HATE. But when I dumped the 10, I got it back. Yay!

I have PSP and I have not had a problem with it since getting 10. I like 10 just fine. Love it actually. I even have Office 2002 and it works with 10. Also can even use my old old old American Greetings card maker which I use to make return address mailing labels.

I haven't had any problem with old programs running on WIN 10 either and it is much more compatible with some of my favorite games than WIN 7 was and is a bit more intuitive than WIN 8.1 (which I did like) was. I do dislike the automatic notices WIN 10 seems to think I need every so often, such as my Outlook (that I never use) needs updating and such--these do sometimes lock down the computer for a few seconds--but it is a minor annoyance.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I too am fed up with windows 10 upgrade prompts, as I want to keep windows 7. It beats me why Microsoft are giving away windows 10 free anyway. What's in it for them?

What's your poison? We have a pretty good selection of high end tequilas and bourbons.

Pour a shot of Drambuie for me Ernie. :)
Top shelf? $20/shot for the Legacy 1745.
745152_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569854537342.png

:) My drinking days are long behind me, but when I did I was such a wimp. Loved rum and coke even though the rum always gave me a frightful headache. But otherwise I most enjoyed a traditional Tom Collins or daiquiri or if really adventurous, a White Russian or Pina Colada.

I too am fed up with windows 10 upgrade prompts, as I want to keep windows 7. It beats me why Microsoft are giving away windows 10 free anyway. What's in it for them?
Microsoft makes their real money in the commercial market, by comparison the private user market is a drop in the bucket. Besides they'll make more money off their built in spyware selling your "info" to marketing companies.

Pour a shot of Drambuie for me Ernie. :)
Top shelf? $20/shot for the Legacy 1745.
745152_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569854537342.png

:) My drinking days are long behind me, but when I did I was such a wimp. Loved rum and coke even though the rum always gave me a frightful headache. But otherwise I most enjoyed a traditional Tom Collins or daiquiri or if really adventurous, a White Russian or Pina Colada.
Jack and Coke, Irish Creams and imported beers.

Yeah....10 has some issues. I lost my paintshoppro...had to download another version of it that I HATE. But when I dumped the 10, I got it back. Yay!

I have PSP and I have not had a problem with it since getting 10. I like 10 just fine. Love it actually. I even have Office 2002 and it works with 10. Also can even use my old old old American Greetings card maker which I use to make return address mailing labels.

I haven't had any problem with old programs running on WIN 10 either and it is much more compatible with some of my favorite games than WIN 7 was and is a bit more intuitive than WIN 8.1 (which I did like) was. I do dislike the automatic notices WIN 10 seems to think I need every so often, such as my Outlook (that I never use) needs updating and such--these do sometimes lock down the computer for a few seconds--but it is a minor annoyance.

When do you guys get prompts? I never do except when I go to shut down it will ask me if I want to update and then shut down..IF there is anything to update.
I set it somehow not to nag me....can't remember this sec what I did.
I don't know about the other nags...like it trying to get people to upgrade to 10....

Forum List

Back