USMB Coffee Shop IV

I love these sorts of videos. This is an awesome dad is all I can say!

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Yeah....10 has some issues. I lost my paintshoppro...had to download another version of it that I HATE. But when I dumped the 10, I got it back. Yay!

I have PSP and I have not had a problem with it since getting 10. I like 10 just fine. Love it actually. I even have Office 2002 and it works with 10. Also can even use my old old old American Greetings card maker which I use to make return address mailing labels.

I haven't had any problem with old programs running on WIN 10 either and it is much more compatible with some of my favorite games than WIN 7 was and is a bit more intuitive than WIN 8.1 (which I did like) was. I do dislike the automatic notices WIN 10 seems to think I need every so often, such as my Outlook (that I never use) needs updating and such--these do sometimes lock down the computer for a few seconds--but it is a minor annoyance.

When do you guys get prompts? I never do except when I go to shut down it will ask me if I want to update and then shut down..IF there is anything to update.
I set it somehow not to nag me....can't remember this sec what I did.
I don't know about the other nags...like it trying to get people to upgrade to 10....

There's no rhyme or reason to them. Somebody once said if you ignore them long enough they'll stop. They just haven't been bothersome enough to take the time to figure out how to turn them off.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Yeah....10 has some issues. I lost my paintshoppro...had to download another version of it that I HATE. But when I dumped the 10, I got it back. Yay!

I have PSP and I have not had a problem with it since getting 10. I like 10 just fine. Love it actually. I even have Office 2002 and it works with 10. Also can even use my old old old American Greetings card maker which I use to make return address mailing labels.

I haven't had any problem with old programs running on WIN 10 either and it is much more compatible with some of my favorite games than WIN 7 was and is a bit more intuitive than WIN 8.1 (which I did like) was. I do dislike the automatic notices WIN 10 seems to think I need every so often, such as my Outlook (that I never use) needs updating and such--these do sometimes lock down the computer for a few seconds--but it is a minor annoyance.

When do you guys get prompts? I never do except when I go to shut down it will ask me if I want to update and then shut down..IF there is anything to update.
I don't know about the other nags...like it trying to get people to upgrade to 10....

There's no rhyme or reason to them. Somebody once said if you ignore them long enough they'll stop. They just haven't been bothersome enough to take the time to figure out how to turn them off.

I gotcha. I am loving W 10. How do you like it?

It's in settings, don't remember how to configure it, don't care either.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

I forget how to as well. Did it so long ago. And I know you don't care. :lol:
I do trust your knowledge on such though.

:thup:

Supposedly Microsucks says Win 10 is their last release meaning that it is the core for all future updates. Kind of like a service, different aspects of the OS can be upgraded independently of others based on (what M$ determines) the users needs.
Basically what their considering is retiring version numbers so it will simply be "Windows for everyone".

Ernie, pour me a stiff one.
What's your poison? We have a pretty good selection of high end tequilas and bourbons.

Pour a shot of Drambuie for me Ernie. :)
Top shelf? $20/shot for the Legacy 1745.
745152_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569854537342.png

:) My drinking days are long behind me, but when I did I was such a wimp. Loved rum and coke even though the rum always gave me a frightful headache. But otherwise I most enjoyed a traditional Tom Collins or daiquiri or if really adventurous, a White Russian or Pina Colada.

It will be three years since I had a drink on the 23 July. I used to drink Somerset cider by the gallon. I danced in a bonfire one Glastonbury festival, and did not get burnt, because the cider makes you indestructible.

It's okay. But I upgraded from WIN 8.1 that I had come to appreciate a lot--smooth, trouble free, stable, fast, and corrected some problems I had with WIN 7. But it is not at all intuitive and was definitely a steep learning curve. But since I had it down pretty well, I miss it. WIN 10 doesn't offer any features I didn't have with WIN 8.1, and lacks some features I enjoyed with WIN 8.1. WIN 10 is a bit more intuitive, however, and is probably an easier upgrade from WIN 7.

:thup:

Supposedly Microsucks says Win 10 is their last release meaning that it is the core for all future updates. Kind of like a service, different aspects of the OS can be upgraded independently of others based on (what M$ determines) the users needs.
Basically what their considering is retiring version numbers so it will simply be "Windows for everyone".

:lol: You tickle me with the Microsucks. That's about right though. I do hope it's the last one.........and I hope people get it while it is still offered for free.

It's okay. But I upgraded from WIN 8.1 that I had come to appreciate a lot--smooth, trouble free, stable, fast, and corrected some problems I had with WIN 7. But it is not at all intuitive and was definitely a steep learning curve. But since I had it down pretty well, I miss it. WIN 10 doesn't offer any features I didn't have with WIN 8.1, and lacks some features I enjoyed with WIN 8.1. WIN 10 is a bit more intuitive, however, and is probably an easier upgrade from WIN 7.

That is what I upgraded from as well.

You guys, I just had to share this one, but have your Kleenex ready. No, it isn't gross or sad--just a really happy thing. He saved hundreds of children from the Holocaust and didn't realize they were sitting all around him.

You guys, I just had to share this one, but have your Kleenex ready. No, it isn't gross or sad--just a really happy thing. He saved hundreds of children from the Holocaust and didn't realize they were sitting all around him.

I can't see...too many tears. That was SO awesome...I have chills. :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

And so it begins...

The pas d' deux between me and my insurance company. Actually, it's more like a square dance with me, the insurance carrier, my Human Resources Department and the eye surgeon. The EOB (explanation of benefits) came through the mail slot at Pimplebutt yesterday. I dutifully brought it to the HR folks who just explained the explanation. As it turns out, the eye surgeon is over charging me!

He wore quite a blister on my credit cards. Co-pays, a charge of $1,690 for the first round of surgery and prescriptions and on and on and on. HR assures me that everything will turn out like beer and skittles once the eye doctor provides a comprehensive bill. What's truly ironic is, I can now read all the charges rather than hand documents over to my brother for interpretation.

images

Just heard my first song bird back for the season. Probably a goldfinch. When the wood thrush arrives, I know its really summer. The pipes of Pan.

Ernie, pour me a stiff one.
What's your poison? We have a pretty good selection of high end tequilas and bourbons.

Pour a shot of Drambuie for me Ernie. :)
Top shelf? $20/shot for the Legacy 1745.
745152_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569854537342.png
I'll take a sarsaparilla barkeep! Oh what the heck, make it a double shot!
We have a sarsaparilla flavored bourbon. A shot of that, 8 oz of Virgil's root beer ans a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream and you have Doc Holliday's special root beer float.
We actually ho have a good selection for designated drivers and those that would rather not imbibe.

I just got a call from my Cousin that my Mom passed away this morning.
She was 90 so she had a real good and long life.
I am in shock because I called her Sat. morning and she was doing well.
Then she called me Sat. evening wanting to know if I called her because she could not get to the phone in time.
She sounded very good.
My cousin said the senior home where she was staying at, told him she got up and got dressed and then went to breakfast and then went back to her apartment and went to sleep and never woke up.
She was a good woman and very kind so the lord was very good to her.
Not many go this peacefully.

So sorry for your loss.

Forum List

Back