USMB Coffee Shop IV

As many of you know, I've been volunteering at our local live theatre for a number of years. I've shared the house management position and the volunteer coordinator position with my friend but this year I've had to take a step back. My husband has parkinsons and is retired now and wants me home more. Today the theatre honored it's volunteers and some of us were given gifts. They gave me a lifetime pass to any and every show they put on. I don't think I've seen anything like this before but I feel real honored.

As many of you know, I've been volunteering at our local live theatre for a number of years. I've shared the house management position and the volunteer coordinator position with my friend but this year I've had to take a step back. My husband has parkinsons and is retired now and wants me home more. Today the theatre honored it's volunteers and some of us were given gifts. They gave me a lifetime pass to any and every show they put on. I don't think I've seen anything like this before but I feel real honored.

That's great Sheila. Congratulations and I know you absolutely deserved it. And you and yours have a wonderful trip. I hope it is everything you hope for and more. And of course we'll need a full report when you get home.

Ya know, I was reading the other day where it says El Paso gets an average of 20 something % humidity annually with a daily average of 6%......... Don't know who came up with that but right now my hygrometer is pegged at -10% humidity and stays below 0% most of the year. :dunno:
While here it takes a scuba tank to breathe outside.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. And Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Gracie's eye surgery and stop smoking project,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all the others who we miss and hope to return

And Bon Voyage to Mr. and Mrs. Againsheila

upload_2016-5-22_23-5-58.png

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. And Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Gracie's eye surgery and stop smoking project,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all the others who we miss and hope to return

And Bon Voyage to Mr. and Mrs. Againsheila

View attachment 75690

Thanks Foxy, as you can see, I'm so excited I can't sleep. Can hardly wait until we're under way. Talked to Gallentwarrior today and it's going to be a fun time in anchorage.

Good morning everybody. The sun is shining, the coffee is hot, and after all our talk about sleep yesterday, I didn't do much of that last night. Shoulder pain and just general wakefulness. But I'll resist napping and should sleep tonight. Hope everybody is having a good Monday.

Wouldn't ya know that after steady rain starting Friday night it would clear up Monday morning! I need to mow, strike that, I need to harvest the lawn as it has now grown beyond the control of my mower.

Daisy seems to be back in the pink after enduring a bad visit to the vet. My credit card isn't that resilient.

Wouldn't ya know that after steady rain starting Friday night it would clear up Monday morning! I need to mow, strike that, I need to harvest the lawn as it has now grown beyond the control of my mower.

Daisy seems to be back in the pink after enduring a bad visit to the vet. My credit card isn't that resilient.

I can relate. We don't have vet bills now since it is other people's fur friends who live with us frequently. And the reason we don't is that we are on a fairly fixed retirement income now and simply cannot afford those vet bills. Our last little dog--love of our life--was more medically expensive than both of our kids combined probably even if we hadn't had insurance.

And as for the lawn--when we lived in Kansas, after a prolonged wet spell I was tempted to hire a local combine operator to come in and take care of it..

Got the uncooperative 150 x 3 area cleared for a gravel walk on a job. Weird that I consider the 6,000 lbs of stone the easy part...

One of my customers winters in New Mexico. There was some discussion of me driving their vehicle and motorcycle trailer out this year, then fly back.

I can relate. We don't have vet bills now since it is other people's fur friends who live with us frequently. And the reason we don't is that we are on a fairly fixed retirement income now and simply cannot afford those vet bills. Our last little dog--love of our life--was more medically expensive than both of our kids combined probably even if we hadn't had insurance.

And as for the lawn--when we lived in Kansas, after a prolonged wet spell I was tempted to hire a local combine operator to come in and take care of it..
After three failed attempts to draw blood from her right front leg, the technician said she would try to get a sample from Daisy's jugular. When the tech took Daisy from me, it looked as if she had tried to saw Daisy's leg off. The bloody wound showed up against her white fur like a target.

Then, after examining Daisy's newly developed hot spot between her shoulders, the vet prescribed a coarse of anti biotics. Altogether, rabies, distemper Lyme disease, cortisone (again for the hot spot) and anti biotics, $184.00

Money I could have spent on lawn care services for the remainder of this season.

Forum List

Back