USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Sherry's son and his European tour group,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, BBD, Spoonman, 007, BigBlackDog, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

The view on Parks Highway leaving Willow, Alaska:

cfiles7159.jpg

Good morning. And I don't know why that photo doesn't show on ya'lls computer because it shows up perfectly on mine? Can anybody but me see the photo on Post #35801?

Good morning. And I don't know why that photo doesn't show on ya'lls computer because it shows up perfectly on mine? Can anybody but me see the photo on Post #35801?
I can't see it.

Really weird. I'll have to do better tonight. But welcome to the Coffee Shop gipper. I believer this is you first visit is it not? We are always happy to have interesting new friends join our family here so scan the OP to get the gist of what we're all about in here and drag up a chair and join in. You'll be one of the bunch in no time. :) What part of the planet do you hail from?

Your first timer's complimentary beverage. (And I hope everybody can see that or I'm going to have to get off chrome for photo posting.)

planters-punch.jpg

Here's another try posting that photo--a little further out from Willow on the Park Highway:

21385361.jpg

Nope: that didn't work either. Here's the address though:

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramic/photos/medium/21385361.jpg

And no, that doesn't work either. THere must be one heck of a copyright on that photo. Oh well. It was a great shot but another time.

Last edited:
I can't see it.

Really weird. I'll have to do better tonight. But welcome to the Coffee Shop gipper. I believer this is you first visit is it not? We are always happy to have interesting new friends join our family here so scan the OP to get the gist of what we're all about in here and drag up a chair and join in. You'll be one of the bunch in no time. :) What part of the planet do you hail from?

Your first timer's complimentary beverage. (And I hope everybody can see that or I'm going to have to get off chrome for photo posting.)

planters-punch.jpg
Thank you. I believe I have posted here before, but maybe not. I know I have read some of your posts in this thread.

I currently reside in the upper Midwest, but not for much longer. Retired early and waiting on my beautiful darling wife to retire shortly, then we follow the sun God willing.

I can't see it.

planters-punch.jpg
Thank you. I believe I have posted here before, but maybe not. I know I have read some of your posts in this thread.

I currently reside in the upper Midwest, but not for much longer. Retired early and waiting on my beautiful darling wife to retire shortly, then we follow the sun God willing.

Well for the time being, you have quite a bit of company among Coffee Shoppers in the upper midwest--Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan et al. If I missed you before I apologize. We love new members in the Coffee Shop.

I recall back when Hombre and I were leaving the midwest (Kansas) for New Mexico, we weren't absolutely certain where we would settle. So Hombre (my hubby and extremely occasional Coffee Shop person) said he was going to tie a snow shovel on top of the car and drive south until somebody said "what in the hell is that?" And that's where we would stop. Well we got to New Mexico and the first home we bought here was out on the Mountain in the unincorporated community of Cedar Crest about 12 miles from Albuquerque on the highway. (About 8 miles as the crow flies). The first winter we were out there we got 70 inches of snow. The second winter 130 inches.

I wish for you and your lovely wife some better luck. :)

Howdy, y'all!
It's been awhile but I have a couple of minutes to stop by. I read a few of the newest posts but there were about 30 pages from where I last stopped by.
Between cleaning up around the place I'm staying now, and clearing trees and cutting firewood up in Willow, it's been a very busy time for me. I have a couple dozen old, rotting 800 lb round bales of hay that need gone in the first place, and lots of accumulated debris that has to be loaded and taken to the landfill. On the Willow side, all the "slash" from the trees we're cutting has to be loaded and taken to the landfill, too. It's been so hot and dry, I don't want to risk burning the stuff, which is what we'd usually do with it. I do feel much better, clearing trees and brush away from the cabin and sheds in Willow, to be sure. And, I've now put up almost five cords of firewood! The partner can sit and operate the wood-splitter, but I have had to overcome my fear of using a chainsaw. I'm very cautious, but can now lop up a good-sized tree. Of course, you might guess who's lugging all that wood back and forth and stacking it...
Another old friend and her hubby will be here next week. She's got family here and I am going to loan them my Jeep to get around in. I still have the Dodge (it's air-conditioned!!!) so I can afford to share. They live in Arizona now, since she got married and he retired. This has been a very social summer for me, so far.
Well, almost time to clock out and head off to breakfast with the partner and another buddy. All three of us work on the Willow place and we need to discuss further strategy for clearing up. This weekend, I hope to drag some of the stumps away and dispose of those, too.
Check back later!:coffee:

Howdy, y'all!
It's been awhile but I have a couple of minutes to stop by. I read a few of the newest posts but there were about 30 pages from where I last stopped by.
Between cleaning up around the place I'm staying now, and clearing trees and cutting firewood up in Willow, it's been a very busy time for me. I have a couple dozen old, rotting 800 lb round bales of hay that need gone in the first place, and lots of accumulated debris that has to be loaded and taken to the landfill. On the Willow side, all the "slash" from the trees we're cutting has to be loaded and taken to the landfill, too. It's been so hot and dry, I don't want to risk burning the stuff, which is what we'd usually do with it. I do feel much better, clearing trees and brush away from the cabin and sheds in Willow, to be sure. And, I've now put up almost five cords of firewood! The partner can sit and operate the wood-splitter, but I have had to overcome my fear of using a chainsaw. I'm very cautious, but can now lop up a good-sized tree. Of course, you might guess who's lugging all that wood back and forth and stacking it...
Another old friend and her hubby will be here next week. She's got family here and I am going to loan them my Jeep to get around in. I still have the Dodge (it's air-conditioned!!!) so I can afford to share. They live in Arizona now, since she got married and he retired. This has been a very social summer for me, so far.
Well, almost time to clock out and head off to breakfast with the partner and another buddy. All three of us work on the Willow place and we need to discuss further strategy for clearing up. This weekend, I hope to drag some of the stumps away and dispose of those, too.
Damn workaholics......... :D

Howdy, y'all!

I can't keep up either...I am, however, getting my kitchen and the upstairs bathroom redone...Yay, I won't be ashamed of my kitchen anymore. Trust me guys, it's horrible. Plus, it's going to be much bigger. Whoever designed this house back in 1963 when it was built, made a 3,000 square foot house with about a 10 x 12 foot kitchen. Obviously it was a man as only a man back then would have designed such a small kitchen.

Forum List

Back