USMB Coffee Shop IV

Apparently I type too fast. "You must wait twelve seconds to complete this action." "You must wait 4 seconds to complete this action." This is with the arthritis, mind you.

Howdy, y'all!
It's been awhile but I have a couple of minutes to stop by. I read a few of the newest posts but there were about 30 pages from where I last stopped by.
Between cleaning up around the place I'm staying now, and clearing trees and cutting firewood up in Willow, it's been a very busy time for me. I have a couple dozen old, rotting 800 lb round bales of hay that need gone in the first place, and lots of accumulated debris that has to be loaded and taken to the landfill. On the Willow side, all the "slash" from the trees we're cutting has to be loaded and taken to the landfill, too. It's been so hot and dry, I don't want to risk burning the stuff, which is what we'd usually do with it. I do feel much better, clearing trees and brush away from the cabin and sheds in Willow, to be sure. And, I've now put up almost five cords of firewood! The partner can sit and operate the wood-splitter, but I have had to overcome my fear of using a chainsaw. I'm very cautious, but can now lop up a good-sized tree. Of course, you might guess who's lugging all that wood back and forth and stacking it...
Another old friend and her hubby will be here next week. She's got family here and I am going to loan them my Jeep to get around in. I still have the Dodge (it's air-conditioned!!!) so I can afford to share. They live in Arizona now, since she got married and he retired. This has been a very social summer for me, so far.
Well, almost time to clock out and head off to breakfast with the partner and another buddy. All three of us work on the Willow place and we need to discuss further strategy for clearing up. This weekend, I hope to drag some of the stumps away and dispose of those, too.
Check back later!:coffee:

You might as well have the air conditioning. I'm pretty sure folks from Arizona in July won't think it necessary at all in Alaska. :)

I'm turning in early tonight everybody. See ya'll in the morning.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Sherry's son and his European tour group,
Boedicca's Dad,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, BBD, Spoonman, 007, BigBlackDog, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Trying one more time to post that photo of Park Highway just leaving Willow, Alaska.

cfiles7159_zpsocogm113.jpg

I'm turning in early tonight everybody. See ya'll in the morning.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Sherry's son and his European tour group,
Boedicca's Dad,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, BBD, Spoonman, 007, BigBlackDog, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Trying one more time to post that photo of Park Highway just leaving Willow, Alaska.

cfiles7159_zpsocogm113.jpg

Lovely photo!

And...

Thank you all! Dad is resting comfortably and doing better this morning. Big scare with chest pain and inability to stand up on his own. He has "lesser" congestive heart failure (the doctor said there are two varieties... his is the less severe - not that I find much comfort in that). But I'm very relieved it wasn't something far worse.

Good morning. And I don't know why that photo doesn't show on ya'lls computer because it shows up perfectly on mine? Can anybody but me see the photo on Post #35801?

can't see didly

You can't see Foxy's pic?? I couldn't last night, but can tonight.

Mornin' Kat and fellow CS's :coffee:

Still can't see anything except...

Please Visit us at: City-Data.com :dunno:

You can't see the photo on Post #35825? It is a simple jpg I posted from Photobucket. You should be able to see it.

Good morning all. Back from the early church service followed by a great Denny's blueberry pancake breakfast. We're having a cold snap--temps are supposed to stay well under 100 today though they will again be well over 90. But all is well for the moment. Happy to see Boedicca's dad is stablilized and doing better. And its good to see that Political Chic dropped in for a visit. :)

Good morning. And I don't know why that photo doesn't show on ya'lls computer because it shows up perfectly on mine? Can anybody but me see the photo on Post #35801?

can't see didly

You can't see the photo on Post #35825? It is a simple jpg I posted from Photobucket. You should be able to see it.

Foxy I have had issues with Photobucket from the gitgo. I never use it anymore. The Political group I used to belong to I clicked on a photo a member has posted and I was able to see his photobucket name and his location. I immediately let him know.

can't see didly

Foxy I have had issues with Photobucket from the gitgo. I never use it anymore. The Political group I used to belong to I clicked on a photo a member has posted and I was able to see his photobucket name and his location. I immediately let him know.

Interesting. He must have his settings different than I do as I don't have that problem I don't think. Oh well, if you do 'inspect' it, it will show my photo bucket user name but I think that's a lot safer than uploading something direct from my computer maybe. I don't have any photos on Photobucket that I would not want anybody to see and I don't use that user name for anything else.

Last edited:
Also I have been known to upset folks... So maybe I made someone at PhotoBucket irate with me... I know it is hard to believe but it is possible...

:biggrin:

LOL. I doubt that was it. But everything isn't going to be everybody's cup of tea. If it was, then there would be no competition and we would all have one choice and one choice only of everything. :)

Forum List

Back