USMB Coffee Shop IV

I got an email of my acceptance into the tech school I applied for. I just sent out an email to the financial aid office to see if there's anything they need me to do; I will only being paying for this program if I'm eligible for grant money, which I would think I am, considering I'm basically broke with no income. :lol:

Hopefully I'll know within the next few weeks and, if all goes well, starting classes in late August.

Ugh, I hated school once I got to high school. I haven't done any school since then, other than a few little online classes from places like codecademy and edX. I hope this doesn't end up as crappy as I expect it might. Plus this entire need to get some sort of job-useful education just shows how close I'm getting to having to stop being the little one's nanny. :(

Will you be attending classes or doing this on line Montro? I do applaud your effort though and will keep my fingers crossed that sufficient grant money is available.

Added: I just saw you last post about on line only. I would like that a lot. And if it actually does suck or you need more time to complete your coursework, you do seem to really like being a manny. (I think that fits better than nanny :) ) Maybe with good recommendations from your current employer you could find another position doing that?

I find it.....unlikely I'd be a nanny again. I only got into this because I'd been friends with the little one's father for years before I started. Unless it was for someone that already knows me I doubt this would happen again. I'd also worry that another child would be a lot harder to take care of than the little one, who has always been a good girl who usually listens.

If I were to have any troubles with the courses and need more time, I think my employer would be accommodating. It isn't as though there is a set date for me to leave or anything like that. It's just that at 7 years old, the little one is getting closer to being old enough to be at home on her own.

I got an email of my acceptance into the tech school I applied for. I just sent out an email to the financial aid office to see if there's anything they need me to do; I will only being paying for this program if I'm eligible for grant money, which I would think I am, considering I'm basically broke with no income. :lol:

Hopefully I'll know within the next few weeks and, if all goes well, starting classes in late August.

Ugh, I hated school once I got to high school. I haven't done any school since then, other than a few little online classes from places like codecademy and edX. I hope this doesn't end up as crappy as I expect it might. Plus this entire need to get some sort of job-useful education just shows how close I'm getting to having to stop being the little one's nanny. :(

Awesome! It's not going to be at all like high school. You are going to love it!

I can't imagine loving it, I just hope I don't hate it too much. :p

Foxy, could you please place my son and his tour group on the vigil list?? They leave for Europe on Saturday for a 10-day tour of London and France. I know that realistically the odds are that they will be fine, but I'm also a mom and it's my job to worry.:)

Awesome! It's not going to be at all like high school. You are going to love it!

College is way easier and more enjoyable than high school.

In my day, they had ash trays in college.

Hah, I hope I don't get the urge to smoke again once I start school. :lol:

Hah, I hope I don't get the urge to smoke again once I start school. :lol:
Go to school in West Virginia and they'll give you a spittoon.

Foxy, could you please place my son and his tour group on the vigil list?? They leave for Europe on Saturday for a 10-day tour of London and France. I know that realistically the odds are that they will be fine, but I'm also a mom and it's my job to worry.:)

Absolutely Sherry. And I do understand your concern. My youngest recently returned from a European vacation and like you, I expected her to be fine, but you can't help worrying.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Chris and her bunny,
Sherry's son and his European tour group,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, BBD, Spoonman, 007, BigBlackDog, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Indiana sunset (Lake Dewart):
4bc5ed97232198e960407a68d7c04989.jpg

Prettiest thing I have ever seen in Indiana. Usually just corn field after corn field, except when I stayed a few weeks in South Bend....but then I had to look at Notre Dame. :uhoh3:

Prettiest thing I have ever seen in Indiana. Usually just corn field after corn field, except when I stayed a few weeks in South Bend....but then I had to look at Notre Dame. :uhoh3:
Those corn-fed Indiana girls are fun to see too. ;)

Well, my brothers family is visiting from America for the next two weeks. So I will have to entertain them and that means I will not have much time for painting. Just as well because I have stopped anyway owing to getting bogged down painting the greenery in front of the sunflowers. I think it needs a lot more work and lots more dark shadows. So going slower might be a good thing. It will give me time to think about my next brush strokes, instead of just making more mess.

Will you be attending classes or doing this on line Montro? I do applaud your effort though and will keep my fingers crossed that sufficient grant money is available.

Added: I just saw you last post about on line only. I would like that a lot. And if it actually does suck or you need more time to complete your coursework, you do seem to really like being a manny. (I think that fits better than nanny :) ) Maybe with good recommendations from your current employer you could find another position doing that?

I find it.....unlikely I'd be a nanny again. I only got into this because I'd been friends with the little one's father for years before I started. Unless it was for someone that already knows me I doubt this would happen again. I'd also worry that another child would be a lot harder to take care of than the little one, who has always been a good girl who usually listens.

If I were to have any troubles with the courses and need more time, I think my employer would be accommodating. It isn't as though there is a set date for me to leave or anything like that. It's just that at 7 years old, the little one is getting closer to being old enough to be at home on her own.

Hard to walk away from the dream job, even if you did't necessarily dream about it before you found it.

Good morning all. Waiting for the carpet and upholstery cleaners to arrive and dreading having to deal with our mini dachshund guest during that process. But it will be good to get all that done. We're expecting a house guest overnight on Thursday who will ride with us to Hombre's high school reunion in West Texas on Friday and then more house guests in early August and another batch later in the summer. We always enjoy having folks here though. We love to entertain. We don't do a lot of sightseeing with them anymore though--we just furnish the maps and some counsel and send them out on their own and have a hot dinner waiting when they get back.

Last edited:

Aww, you're going to enjoy it. You are going to campus right? Or is this online? I've never done online school, so I don't know how that goes. If you are going to campus, you will enjoy meeting new people and doing something different. School and homework are somehow not so bad when you're a grown up! :D

And we keep vigil for:

TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Chris and her bunny,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, BBD, Spoonman, 007, BigBlackDog, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Foxy, you can take me and Bunny off the vigil list. Bunny is doing much better and is almost back to normal. Thanks for the well wishes and support. :)

And we keep vigil for:

TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Chris and her bunny,

Foxy, you can take me and Bunny off the vigil list. Bunny is doing much better and is almost back to normal. Thanks for the well wishes and support. :)

It makes me happy to do so Chris. I love a happy ending. :)

Aww, you're going to enjoy it. You are going to campus right? Or is this online? I've never done online school, so I don't know how that goes. If you are going to campus, you will enjoy meeting new people and doing something different. School and homework are somehow not so bad when you're a grown up! :D

No, no campus, this will be all online.

Forum List

Back