USMB Coffee Shop IV

Caffeineloading_zpsaee613b1.png

Good morning, everyone, and a good Tuesday to you all.

MEDICAL PERSONNEL drinking coffee continues today, I am in a rush to a business trip, so this will be short:

1.jpg

From this really good Reuters article:

Eyewitness to a death | Photographers' Blog

When I had my gallbladder taken out, the doctor was drinking a cup of coffee and eating a donut while he did the surgery. I was pissed cause he wouldn't share... At least that's what I think was going on while I was under anesthesia. I was a little groggy.

dolphins. we saw about 8 pods of them go by this morning.

That is so cool.:thup:

if you get there early enough you are almost guaranteed to see dolphins. sharks aren't too close into shore. I've seen a few small ones pulled out and you get a lot of sand sharks, even some small tiger sharks in the bay.

I'd put my feet in about as far as you are in the water. I'd never actually swim in there. When I was in Florida, people told me there were a lot of jelly fish in the Gulf so I decided to admire it from afar..

Growing up in San Diego California in Leucadia and Cardiff on the beach, we were aware of sharks and jellyfish, but I was strung maybe two or three times. The seals we were scared of.

Wow... What a night. Had a bit of a storm early in the evening. It blew through and I thought it was all over. Cleared up and quit raining. Then a short while longer, the mother of all storms came through. Haven't seen it rain that hard in a long time. Lots of thunder and lightening. Big winds. We lost electricity. I sleep with a C-Pap machine and because we lost power I spent the night in the new RV. Turned the generator on and had plenty of power. Haven't slept as well as I did last night in a long long time. The mattress in the new RV is really nice. Woke up to find we had power on back in the house so I got up about 0530 and came back into the house. Coffee is good today. Weather is cleared up but there are downed limbs all over my yard. Don't know how much rain we got last night but it was a bunch.
One of the draw backs of humid climates are the storms that follow it.

Thankfully no one was hurt, and there was no damage. I really do not like extreme weather of any type, reminds me of when I was living in Tulsa. I'll take snow any day over extreme summer weather.

And those sleepless nights if one doesn't have A/C. Thank the stars for fans...:lol:

Good morning everybody. Supposed to cool down today--low 90's instead of high 90's--and a very slight chance for rain meaning we probably won't see any. While really severe weather is pretty rare for us, the eastern tier of counties in New Mexico and most of West Texas is in Tornado Alley so you don't need humidity to get the big bad storms.

I think Mrs. BBD should get BBD one of those thunder shirts though. For most they really do provide a calming effect for the storm anxious types. :)

I'm hoping for a less hectic day today. I really need one. So who will be watching the game? More coffee. . . .

And today is July 1. At noon today we will be halfway through 2014. Only 177 shopping days left before Christmas.

And on this day in history:

1963 – ZIP codes are introduced for United States mail. Can you imagine a time that we didn't have them? Or finding the nearest pizza delivery place without one?

1979 – Sony introduces the Walkman. It was predicted to be an economic flop, but Masaru Ibuka and Akio Morita were intrigued about an idea of being able to listen to their favorite cassette tapes away from home. The marketing strategy was to call a press conference and give a device to every reporter who showed up. The reporters liked them and the rest is, as they say, history. It arrived in the USA in 1980 and soon was distributed world wide.

Wow... What a night. Had a bit of a storm early in the evening. It blew through and I thought it was all over. Cleared up and quit raining. Then a short while longer, the mother of all storms came through. Haven't seen it rain that hard in a long time. Lots of thunder and lightening. Big winds. We lost electricity. I sleep with a C-Pap machine and because we lost power I spent the night in the new RV. Turned the generator on and had plenty of power. Haven't slept as well as I did last night in a long long time. The mattress in the new RV is really nice. Woke up to find we had power on back in the house so I got up about 0530 and came back into the house. Coffee is good today. Weather is cleared up but there are downed limbs all over my yard. Don't know how much rain we got last night but it was a bunch.

That's why I just bought this at the auction I went to last Saturday. I have a smaller Coleman, 2.5KW, but that won't run much. This one should. It's a 7.5KW steady and 9.0KW surge. I looked on my smart phone online for it before they got around to selling it at the auction to check what it was worth. Factory website has a suggested retail price of $3,250 for it, and there was a couple on ebay for around two grand, so I was very pleasantly surprised when I got it for $400. It has 52 minutes on the hour meter, so it's virtually brand new. That's the kind of deals I look for when I go to auctions, and now if the power goes out here, I won't be without it for long, just fire up the big generator. It has electric start too, 15 hp engine, very cool.

20140701_093902-0_zpsefaa8fd0.jpg

And today is July 1. At noon today we will be halfway through 2014.

The year is flying by just a LITTLE TOO FAST for me. I'm still reeling from that arctic winter we had.

I better hang on to my VP of the Bitch About The Weather Club seat, because I just might have a few more bitches left in me...
dazed-2.png

That's why I just bought this at the auction I went to last Saturday. I have a smaller Coleman, 2.5KW, but that won't run much. This one should. It's a 7.5KW steady and 9.0KW surge. I looked on my smart phone online for it before they got around to selling it at the auction to check what it was worth. Factory website has a suggested retail price of $3,250 for it, and there was a couple on ebay for around two grand, so I was very pleasantly surprised when I got it for $400. It has 52 minutes on the hour meter, so it's virtually brand new. That's the kind of deals I look for when I go to auctions, and now if the power goes out here, I won't be without it for long, just fire up the big generator. It has electric start too, 15 hp engine, very cool.

That's a seriously good deal :thup:

I kept a radio station on the air after a flood with a far smaller generator than this. Should serve you well. Almost want to wish for a good heavy storm so that you get to use it. Almost. :eusa_angel:

I kept a radio station on the air after a flood with a far smaller generator than this. Should serve you well. Almost want to wish for a good heavy storm so that you get to use it. Almost. :eusa_angel:
My cousin started the bidding out at $1,000.00, but no one bids when they do that, they know better, they wait for auctioneer to drop the starting bid. But they also know that the auctioneer starts the bid out high to give people an idea what the item is worth. So he started back out at $250 and it just struggled to go up. I was just shocked when it died at $400 and I had the high bid. Perhaps people didn't know that this is a higher grade of generator made in America, idk. I'd checked earlier so I knew. I'm a happy camper. Probably the last generator I'll ever have to buy in my life.

Last edited:

The year is flying by just a LITTLE TOO FAST for me. I'm still reeling from that arctic winter we had.

I better hang on to my VP of the Bitch About The Weather Club seat, because I just might have a few more bitches left in me...
dazed-2.png

same here. last winter was so long and trying you never want this summer to end

Hi everyone. Hope all is well. I'm counting on my foot being better by the end of July. I've already made reservations for my husband and I to go to New Orleans on July 31st.

N'awlins in late July?

I already have your weather forecast: 95 degrees, 489% humidity. And that's at night.

I've told you a million and one times not to exaggerate. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

dazed-2.png

same here. last winter was so long and trying you never want this summer to end

What summer? Two weeks ago, we actually turned our heat back on for a day. I've been freezing all summer. It's suppose to get up to the 80's today but it's still in the 60's so far.

My cousin started the bidding out at $1,000.00, but no one bids when they do that, they know better, they wait for auctioneer to drop the starting bid. But they also know that the auctioneer starts the bid out high to give people an idea what the item is worth. So he started back out at $250 and it just struggled to go up. I was just shocked when it died at $400 and I had the high bid. Perhaps people didn't know that this is a higher grade of generator made in America, idk. I'd checked earlier so I knew. I'm a happy camper. Probably the last generator I'll ever have to buy in my life.

What's it sound like? I still want to hire a hit man for our neighbor's generator. The lights go out, it's cold and snowy, it's suppose to be quite, but no, it's like there's a mac truck sitting in our driveway and running 24/7.

These are the most unfriendly people in the neighborhood. Won't even talk to you. No one in the neighborhood has been inside their house. They don't come to the neighborhood barbeques, etc. I keep thinking about that man that kept those women in his house for months and the neighbors not knowing. That could happen, nobody know what goes on behind those closed doors.

Forum List

Back