USMB Coffee Shop IV

Ummm. I like CocaCola, especially over fresh ice and foamy..

I was seduced by Pepsi several times though .. I'm weak and Pepsi took advantage of me..:crybaby:

After drinking coke zero for a while, I can no longer drink regular coke because there is too much syrup.

Coke doesn't taste like coke when I was a kid. They lost the formula or something and it has never tasted the same since.

I am trying to be a little healthier.

I'm pretty sure it's [MENTION=16165]alan1[/MENTION] who has told the story in here about how Coca-Cola stopped using cane sugar...at least that's what I recall, and he found a place that imported it from I think Mexico, where they still use the old formula.

I rarely drink soft drinks of any kind, not because they are sweet alone, but they also make me rather "fizzy". When I do drink a Coke, or something similar, I have usually scored one off an airliner originating in China, Taiwan, or Korea. They still use cane sugar in their soft drinks. Diet drinks are poison to me, most using aspartame, the regular kind use high fructose corn syrup, both of which are anathema for me.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Perhaps I have an odd sense of humor...

[ame=http://youtu.be/djWwvwD0UtE]animals - YouTube[/ame]

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
They-said-dear-bunny-they-said.jpg

I wouldn't have an indoor pool. That would be like having an at home bowling alley or movie theatre. There are just some activities that the more people around, the merrier. Not to say that I'd never swim alone but it's more fun sharing something like that.

Yep, unless you have a mansion, an indoor pool would be nice but forget about trying to ever sell the house. As it is, many people don't want to buy a house with a pool, period.

What is with the black ribbon next to the USMB logo that has Merlin047?

Did something happen to him?
I did some checking and found that he was a popular member on USMB and died on 9/11/2005. On his profile page his wife left a message to thank people for their friend to him. Checking his statistics, his last post (from his wife) takes you to a thread where the members eulogize his memory. [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] may have known him.
USMB put up the banner shortly after that.

He died back in 2005, long before I joined this forum. I checked his posts to see if maybe I knew him from another Forum, but didn't find anything that sounded familiar. Was wondering why you thought I might know him?

What is with the black ribbon next to the USMB logo that has Merlin047?

Did something happen to him?
I did some checking and found that he was a popular member on USMB and died on 9/11/2005. On his profile page his wife left a message to thank people for their friend to him. Checking his statistics, his last post (from his wife) takes you to a thread where the members eulogize his memory. [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] may have known him.

He died back in 2005, long before I joined this forum. I checked his posts to see if maybe I knew him from another Forum, but didn't find anything that sounded familiar. Was wondering why you thought I might know him?
When I checked his profile I saw you were listed in the last 10 visitors. That's why I said you might know him.

When I checked his profile I saw you were listed in the last 10 visitors. That's why I said you might know him.

I probably was checking him out due to someone mentioning him, which I don't remember now....:)

Oh wow, the Coffee Shop has been jumping today and I missed almost all of it. I was supposed to get back to normal this afternoon but it didn't work out. Tomorrow though. . . I have high hopes.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and cousin,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Ollie's daughter Angie and his youngest brother,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I'm giving some thought to a new business endeavor. Wonder if anybody would like to buy into my plan. I think we could do pretty well with it. I want to market "Organic Free-Range Moth Balls". I'm going to construct a huge screen cage in my back yard and put a large number of candles in it. At night, the moths will fly into the cage but won't be able to escape. Then every morning I will go out and collect the testicles from the males caught in the cage, package them and get them to market in the afternoon. I think there might be a market for a product like this. Who's interested? A very small buy-in could return you a huge return. I just need to come up with a tricky name for the product.

How you doin' down there, pard? Blown or flooded out yet? Some pretty crazy weather we've been getting lately.

I mean I love the rain. That just ensures we have plenty of water in the ground and the garden plants are loving it. I can live without the tornadoes though.

Hey there, I know Three Amigos who have a birthday coming up this weekend.:)

Don't count me in with that group!!! I decided last year that I would quit having birthdays. I've had enough of them. Besides, all of those candles on my cake would cause the fire trucks to come...

Wow... What a night. Had a bit of a storm early in the evening. It blew through and I thought it was all over. Cleared up and quit raining. Then a short while longer, the mother of all storms came through. Haven't seen it rain that hard in a long time. Lots of thunder and lightening. Big winds. We lost electricity. I sleep with a C-Pap machine and because we lost power I spent the night in the new RV. Turned the generator on and had plenty of power. Haven't slept as well as I did last night in a long long time. The mattress in the new RV is really nice. Woke up to find we had power on back in the house so I got up about 0530 and came back into the house. Coffee is good today. Weather is cleared up but there are downed limbs all over my yard. Don't know how much rain we got last night but it was a bunch.

Wow... What a night. Had a bit of a storm early in the evening. It blew through and I thought it was all over. Cleared up and quit raining. Then a short while longer, the mother of all storms came through. Haven't seen it rain that hard in a long time. Lots of thunder and lightening. Big winds. We lost electricity. I sleep with a C-Pap machine and because we lost power I spent the night in the new RV. Turned the generator on and had plenty of power. Haven't slept as well as I did last night in a long long time. The mattress in the new RV is really nice. Woke up to find we had power on back in the house so I got up about 0530 and came back into the house. Coffee is good today. Weather is cleared up but there are downed limbs all over my yard. Don't know how much rain we got last night but it was a bunch.
One of the draw backs of humid climates are the storms that follow it.

Thankfully no one was hurt, and there was no damage. I really do not like extreme weather of any type, reminds me of when I was living in Tulsa. I'll take snow any day over extreme summer weather.

Forum List

Back