USMB Coffee Shop IV

Its November the fifth again, that's firework night in Britain. I usually get a nice view of several firework party's out of my window which overlooks the town.

Am I remembering right that for you Brits this is Guy Fawkes Day? Did I spell that right? Trying to remember the history, something about a foiled assassination plot on King James or something like that. Anyhow, it is just a fun time for you guys, especially when it falls on a weekend. So happy day whether or not I got the history right.

The plan was to blow up the houses of parliament with barrels of gunpowder. But he got caught..

I saw a couple of good displays tonight, with fireworks fired from mortars, they must have cost a lot of money.

Just finished up our stew leftover from last night. It's always better the second day. A little while ago we got one of Ringel's thunderstorms I think--they didn't give us the severe thunderstorm alert until the very last minute and then we got slammed with heavy rain and nickle size hail and lots of it--the ground was white--some hasn't melted yet. Apparently some parts of the city got half dollar size hail--that would do some serious damage. All quiet now though.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

Wondering where Mr. and Mrs. Gracie are tonight and I know all our hearts of those who know him are with SFC Ollie and his family as they said their final goodbyes today.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Imperius,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
SFC Ollie and his family in the loss of his Mary,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all others who need to find their way back.

break-in-storm-clouds-over-sea-370x229.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

Wondering where Mr. and Mrs. Gracie are tonight and I know all our hearts of those who know him are with SFC Ollie and his family as they said their final goodbyes today.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Imperius,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
SFC Ollie and his family in the loss of his Mary,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all others who need to find their way back.

break-in-storm-clouds-over-sea-370x229.jpg

I know that song! ♥♥

Good morning all. Overcast and really chilly this morning--some of last night's hail is still banked against the house and hasn't melted. Our evergreens took some damage but nothing really serious, but little branches from our neighbor's tall trees behind our back wall are all over our back yard.

Our house guests over nighted south of us in Socorro last night and will probably make another visit to the Bosque del Apache for more photos of the birds, especially the cranes, that winter there. and we expect them back here tonight. Have been setting clocks back all morning. Otherwise a fairly normal Sunday at the Foxfyre household.

Good morning all. Overcast and really chilly this morning--some of last night's hail is still banked against the house and hasn't melted. Our evergreens took some damage but nothing really serious, but little branches from our neighbor's tall trees behind our back wall are all over our back yard.

Our house guests over nighted south of us in Socorro last night and will probably make another visit to the Bosque del Apache for more photos of the birds, especially the cranes, that winter there. and we expect them back here tonight. Have been setting clocks back all morning. Otherwise a fairly normal Sunday at the Foxfyre household.
Thanks for the fall back reminder, I forgot...... :lol:
Glad you didn't get much damage, watched the doppler last night and saw you all were getting nailed.
It's cool and sunny here. :thup:

Pavlov had his dogs, I have my pigeons....... Ever time I go out back they flock down around me waiting to be fed. :lol:

Thanks for the fall back reminder, I forgot...... :lol:
Glad you didn't get much damage, watched the doppler last night and saw you all were getting nailed.
It's cool and sunny here. :thup:

Don't know yet the extent of the damage. Our back yard is literally covered with leaves and branches from the neighboring trees--a real mess out there. It knocked some evergreen foliage and all the berries off the juniper out front and mangled our yews and pinon trees a bit but not seriously. But getting reports now of larger hail--up to quarter size--in other parts of the city and that could do some more serious damage. But we're okay. The sun is beginning to emerge now. I wonder if it's over. I can do without the hail but the rain has been welcome.

Last night I made a roast pork shoulder, messed up with the temp and it turned out the juiciest roast pork I've ever had. Put it in the oven at 425 degrees and after twenty minutes was supposed to turn it down to 325 degrees for 4 hours, I accidentally set it down to 225 degrees. Didn't discover my mistake for three hours, set the oven at 325 and cooked it an extra hour, 5 hours and 20 minutes total, when I pulled it out the internal temp was supposed to be 180, mine was at 170 and it was done completely through.

Pavlov had his dogs, I have my pigeons....... Ever time I go out back they flock down around me waiting to be fed. :lol:

I have a baby lizard that's about in inch long that decided to adopt me as care giver.
Every night I take down the sugar water - (I don't want to feed the bats, too expensive) :) , the little guy runs in house and hides all night long behind a tall can goods cupboard in the kitchen.
Then he comes out to get the sun through the french door windows.
I open the door and he runs out. Been happening every day now since the cold weather temps at night for the last two weeks.

He has it made in the shade, warm all night long and freedom in the day.

I have a baby lizard that's about in inch long that decided to adopt me as care giver.
Every night I take down the sugar water - (I don't want to feed the bats, too expensive) :) , the little guy runs in house and hides all night long behind a tall can goods cupboard in the kitchen.
I open the door and he runs out. Been happening every day now since the cold weather temps at night for the last two weeks.

So you think he's really aware? That is sort of amazing isn't it that creatures that we don't think of as sentient beings actually are.

So you think he's really aware? That is sort of amazing isn't it that creatures that we don't think of as sentient beings actually are.
When I'm in Ft Worth I made friends with a big old bullfrog. After sundown I bring a pie pan filled with water out to the patio and place it under my bench. A few minute later he comes hopping across the yard, crosses the patio and jumps into the pie pan. Then he stretches out and lays in the water for about an hour, hops out of the pan and back into the woods. Every night. I've been thinking of pouring about a half pint of vodka into the water. One happy bullfrog. Of course I won't do it.

Very few wild animal are, but even they have a few that seem a little more aware of things.:)
All of the rest run away as soon as there is any noise.
This one comes in bold as you please. sees me, does not run and just stands there with his head cauked, with one eye looking at me in the morning when he's sunning himself.
I walk around him on the floor and open the door and he boldly walks out the door not running.

Very few wild animal are, but even they have a few that seem a little more aware of things.:)
All of the rest run away as soon as there is any noise.
This one comes in bold as you please. sees me, does not run and just stands there with his head cauked, with one eye looking at me in the morning when he's sunning himself.
I walk around him on the floor and open the door and he boldly walks out the door not running.
I have pictures of deer who come to graze about 20 feet from my patio. There are about 60 deer in my neighborhood and around 30 of them come in 3 different groups to my yard. We feed them corn, fruit and deer pellets. The old does and does with fawns come first, then the younger does and finally about 7 bucks. Each group has one or two who direct the order in which they eat and they get really physical with the younger line buckers. I'll find some of the pictures I have on discs.

I think all creatures can see auras and know that they won't be harmed somehow.
We know that they do exist because it has been scientfically documented.
I have had several trained guard dogs come up to me, wanting and loving scraches behind the ears, to the extreme anger by their owners throughout my lifetime. Yelling at me that I have ruined their dogs. They are trained not to go up like that until commanded.
Later on when they continue to still guard, I'm then called a witch. :lmao:

I call it a gift from God that I can have such amazing clicks with so many animals wild and tame alike.
It's been that way for me since I was two and ahalf years old. :biggrin:

Forum List

Back