USMB Coffee Shop IV

Been reading this thread about your positive beliefs, and it reassures me I am not just crazy or on my own.
I have been getting ground down on a skeptics forum with everyone telling me my beliefs are delusional.
The forum is run by atheist and there are a lot of clever people there that know a lot more than me about everything. I guess its stupid of me to try and argue with them.

If you're referring to me, that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all Monday! If not... f*** it, lets have a beer anyway!

:beer:

Yes, you are one of the people I have been reading.

Don't ever let anyone tell you that science and spirituality/religion cannot coexist. You are not crazy, but they are usually angry.

Just remember to be patient when attempting to share your spiritual breakthroughs with people, because not everyone is equally self-aware of the true Existence surrounding them.

I often catch flak from both the atheists and the Christians when I start sharing my belief that Science and Religion are saying the exact same things while people bicker and whine over the semantics dividing the two.

If God created the Universe, surely He created the Laws of Physics while he was at it, right? That kind of stuff. :)

Thanks, I am having a bit of a struggle at the moment. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 1969 and was on heavy drugs for several years. But I fought my way off the medication and had spiritual healing. This enabled me to study and work as an engineer. But a few years ago I realized I was self medicating with alcohol and destroying my brain. I agreed to go back on a new drug called abilify and it stabilised me. I have not had a drink now for three years, and three weeks ago I stopped the medication because I was tired of not feeling anything.
However all I have felt for the last week since the drug wore off is stress. I also have a nervous cough and breathing allergy's that the drug cures me of.
But I am not going back on the drug for the time being as I am hoping I will be able to re establish spiritual feelings that I used to have without medication. In any case it takes two weeks for the drugs to take effect so there is no point taking it for now. I am going to carry on without the drug to see what happens.

I used to feel spiritual presences sometimes and feelings of psychic comfort. I could also feel it when I was given spiritual healing. I could feel the atmosphere in old churches and stuff like that. But the drug stopped those feelings and I want them back. So I am trying to work through the stress and self doubt.

If I may be so bold as to offer up an alternative (I've suffered depression all my life and don't know why, but I do).

"Abilify is a unique pharmacological animal. Like other atypical antipsychotics, it binds to several different neurotransmitter receptors; this “signature” theoretically accounts for its therapeutic efficacy and side effect profile. But unlike others in its class, it doesn’t blockdopamine (specifically, dopamine D2) or serotonin (specifically, 5-HT1A) receptors. Rather, it’s a partial agonist at those receptors. It can activate those receptors, but not to the full biological effect. In lay terms, then, it can both enhance dopamine and serotonin signaling where those transmitters are deficient, and inhibit signaling where they’re in excess."
How Abilify Works, And Why It Matters

L-Phenylalanine - Dopamine
Acetyl-L-Carnitine - Noradrenaline and Serotonin
L-Theanine with Inositol (Vitamin B8) - Dopamine and GABA

These are the all-natural counterparts to the popular SSRI prescriptions, and I take them daily, because our hormone levels are just as important as our cholesterol levels. Our brains require these amino acids in order to properly produce vital hormones for our neurotransmitters.

Most people do not get these essential nutrients in their daily diet, just as most Americans are deficient in Magnesium (which is responsible for over 300 chemical reactions in your body, including synaptic functions, so it's vital to have this as well!). Fun fact: magnesium deficiencies cause people to have salty food cravings. ;)

I also supplement with highly concentrated DHA and EPA omega-3's, as the highest concentration of said fatty acids occurs in the space between the brain and the skull.

Finally, I take Ester-Creatine; not for working out, but for that vital ATP function that each and every one of our cells require.

Topped off with a multivitamin, and I've been feeling markedly better since I started this experiment back in August (these are all nootropics to help me with college).

I would say talk to your doctor about this first, but doctors don't tend to entertain the idea of simply giving your body what's missing in the first place. Just remember, that for every drug, there was a natural enzyme/chemical/plant that it was derived from.

Ugh, my main monitor just died. I've been having trouble with it lately, it would take a long time to work after I booted up the PC, or it would take a long time to come back on after it was turned off after inactivity, sometimes I would have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to work. Now it just isn't working at all.

I was planning on buying myself a new TV, but I guess I'm getting a new monitor. I hate not being able to use both PCs at once.

Ugh, my main monitor just died. I've been having trouble with it lately, it would take a long time to work after I booted up the PC, or it would take a long time to come back on after it was turned off after inactivity, sometimes I would have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to work. Now it just isn't working at all.

I was planning on buying myself a new TV, but I guess I'm getting a new monitor. I hate not being able to use both PCs at once.

The monitor is on again. I don't trust it to stay that way, though, so I'm looking on Amazon at new ones. Hopefully this one will work for the next few weeks at least until I get a new one.

Been reading this thread about your positive beliefs, and it reassures me I am not just crazy or on my own.
I have been getting ground down on a skeptics forum with everyone telling me my beliefs are delusional.
The forum is run by atheist and there are a lot of clever people there that know a lot more than me about everything. I guess its stupid of me to try and argue with them.

If you're referring to me, that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all Monday! If not... f*** it, lets have a beer anyway!

Don't ever let anyone tell you that science and spirituality/religion cannot coexist. You are not crazy, but they are usually angry.

Just remember to be patient when attempting to share your spiritual breakthroughs with people, because not everyone is equally self-aware of the true Existence surrounding them.

I often catch flak from both the atheists and the Christians when I start sharing my belief that Science and Religion are saying the exact same things while people bicker and whine over the semantics dividing the two.

If God created the Universe, surely He created the Laws of Physics while he was at it, right? That kind of stuff. :)

Okay, this is really REALLY interesting to me and I love discussing it. . .BUT. . .here in the Coffee Shop we have Christians of all flavors, Jews, Buddhists, at least one Muslim, Atheists, and the areligious/agnostic group and while those posting today can do religious theory/theology with no problem, it is a problem for some. So we leave religion, except in the most very general terms, for discussion elsewhere.

Thanks for understanding guys. It is a fascinating topic though. Hope you'll take it to the religious forum or where it can be fully discussed. If you do that, please let me know.

Spent two hours deleaving my yard and the neighbors. She pays better.

I was careful not to move too fast. Pretty sure I have bronchitis. Hard to sleep the last two nights when your lungs want to cough heir way out of your chest. My muscles hurt between my rib cage and tummy. Also the coughing has given me a good headache.

And you haven't seen a doctor? I would recommend that. Feel better soon my friend.

Seen a doctor? No none have posted on FB this weekend. :(

Well shoot. You probably haven't had occasion to stay in a Holiday Inn Express either. But seriously Save, just in case you have something that needs an antibiotic, if this persists, please do see a doctor. I think I speak for all of us that we've all grown rather fond of you.

Well shoot. You probably haven't had occasion to stay in a Holiday Inn Express either. But seriously Save, just in case you have something that needs an antibiotic, if this persists, please do see a doctor. I think I speak for all of us that we've all grown rather fond of you.

There is something floating around here like what I have, so I'll give it a bit longer. Feeling more awake today and about half the coughing. Tonight is the big test. I need some good sleep.

I did put my left knee back together once for $7 at a pharmacy and raised three kids, so I am not unfamiliar.

Socks seems to be able to crossover most easily through clothes dryers.

Only the left ones though. Probably has to do with the sub-atomic polarity.

I've have always believed that the dust bunnies under the bed eat them.
You do realize the most dust is comprised of shed human skin cells....... Check behind your couch, there could be a naked man hiding there....... :eusa_whistle:
uUuuummm......yuck!

Okay, this is really REALLY interesting to me and I love discussing it. . .BUT. . .here in the Coffee Shop we have Christians of all flavors, Jews, Buddhists, at least one Muslim, Atheists, and the areligious/agnostic group and while those posting today can do religious theory/theology with no problem, it is a problem for some. So we leave religion, except in the most very general terms, for discussion elsewhere.

Thanks for understanding guys. It is a fascinating topic though. Hope you'll take it to the religious forum or where it can be fully discussed. If you do that, please let me know.

I also would be interested to join that discussion. :)

Electrons are able to move from one relative position in spacetime to another, seemingly without traversing any physical space. This is currently explained by the particle-wave duality.

Once the math involving multidimensional space becomes more refined and accepted (inevitable), I suspect the new explanation will be the fact that these particles can move on more than just an XYZ axis.

If/when it is proven that electrons and other particles can move between higher dimensional planes (we'll need to discover first what's "inside" a particle), people will begin to realize that a silhouette of their body, in the form of pure energy, exists both "down" here and "up" there, simultaneously.

776.gif

Good morning, people!

Um, okay. :) Actually that's really interesting and offers up all kinds of new ways of looking at things. But there have long been theories of parallel universes, alternate dimensions, and all that, and I long ago decided that we mortals understand only the tiniest fraction of all there is to know.

There have long been theories about parallels and the Omniverse, but only in modern times did science actually pave the way for this as scientific exploration as opposed to mere philosophical theorem.

The math in Quantum Theory and String Theory demand higher dimensions, rather than a deep thinker deciding it to be so.

That's true. But those of us who are not in a position to study the math in Quantum Theory and String Theory are left with mere logic, reason, imagination, and curiosity about possibilities to guide us. And be intrigued about what you are teaching us about it. :)

I hope Peach will forgive me for using her as an example, but she relates a special gift or power if you will that she has, and most either don't or have not developed, that allows her to communicate with and receive favorable response from creatures other than human. I believe her. Perhaps there are mathematical or other scientific explanations for it, but for myself, I accept on faith I guess that such things exist.

I'm sorry, I did not explain that very well, but that is what others has said about me with having a gift or power (witch), my gift from god as I said earlier was in my opinion, my ability to learn their comunications.
I simply put it down to being the only child in a sea of adults and no other children to play with.
I observerd the way all of those farm animals were comunicating with each other through body and eye movements.
In other words I learned how to comunicate with them with a low soothing voice, each different species body language and eye contact.
They were my only playmates from two and half until I was almost 6 years old.

Last edited:
Electrons are able to move from one relative position in spacetime to another, seemingly without traversing any physical space. This is currently explained by the particle-wave duality.

Once the math involving multidimensional space becomes more refined and accepted (inevitable), I suspect the new explanation will be the fact that these particles can move on more than just an XYZ axis.

If/when it is proven that electrons and other particles can move between higher dimensional planes (we'll need to discover first what's "inside" a particle), people will begin to realize that a silhouette of their body, in the form of pure energy, exists both "down" here and "up" there, simultaneously.

776.gif

Good morning, people!

Um, okay. :) Actually that's really interesting and offers up all kinds of new ways of looking at things. But there have long been theories of parallel universes, alternate dimensions, and all that, and I long ago decided that we mortals understand only the tiniest fraction of all there is to know.

There have long been theories about parallels and the Omniverse, but only in modern times did science actually pave the way for this as scientific exploration as opposed to mere philosophical theorem.

The math in Quantum Theory and String Theory demand higher dimensions, rather than a deep thinker deciding it to be so.

That's true. But those of us who are not in a position to study the math in Quantum Theory and String Theory are left with mere logic, reason, imagination, and curiosity about possibilities to guide us. And be intrigued about what you are teaching us about it. :)

I hope Peach will forgive me for using her as an example, but she relates a special gift or power if you will that she has, and most either don't or have not developed, that allows her to communicate with and receive favorable response from creatures other than human. I believe her. Perhaps there are mathematical or other scientific explanations for it, but for myself, I accept on faith I guess that such things exist.

I'm sorry but that is what others has said about me with having a gift or power (witch).
I simply put it down to being the only child in a sea of adults and no other children to play with.
I observerd the way all of those farm animals were comunicating with each other through body and eye movements.
In other words I learned how to comunicate with them with a low soothing voice, each different species body language and eye contact.
You are probably more in touch with natural processes than most. So many people look at animals, and plants, and see amusing critters. All things considered, people are basically animals and most often follow instinctive, inborn, and socially dictated actions when responding to others. I do not consider my ability to respond and understand other creatures as anything special, though. I do have a distinct affinity to animals. As a farmer, I am much better at animal husbandry than plant propagation.

776.gif

Good morning, people!

I'm sorry but that is what others has said about me with having a gift or power (witch).
You are probably more in touch with natural processes than most. So many people look at animals, and plants, and see amusing critters. All things considered, people are basically animals and most often follow instinctive, inborn, and socially dictated actions when responding to others. I do not consider my ability to respond and understand other creatures as anything special, though. I do have a distinct affinity to animals. As a farmer, I am much better at animal husbandry than plant propagation.

Yes maybe, but it sure cripled me socially as a child for a while.
I left my grandparents farm and was put into a school class of 29 other kids, within a week. It was a shock and I was lost as to how to interact with them for awhile. :)

776.gif

Good morning, people!

Generally I look at plants and animal and think potential food source......... :dunno:

Just got back home from voting. I have done my civic duty. Don't forget to go vote today. Be a patriot. Vote for whoever you think is best to be the head of our country for the next 4 years. Then come back home and pour yourself a cup of coffee and be proud of yourself for doing the right thing!

Just got back home from voting. I have done my civic duty. Don't forget to go vote today. Be a patriot. Vote for whoever you think is best to be the head of our country for the next 4 years. Then come back home and pour yourself a cup of coffee and be proud of yourself for doing the right thing!

Thank you. And agree BBD though this year I think it is a lot tougher for most which is about as political as I will ever get in the Coffee Shop. :) Hombre and I early voted. Will be up late probably watching the returns for local offices and the national. New Mexico is usually one of the last states to manage to get the vote counted.

Yes maybe, but it sure cripled me socially as a child for a while.
I left my grandparents farm and was put into a school class of 29 other kids, within a week. It was a shock and I was lost as to how to interact with them for awhile. :)

But what you described is something I have observed in others. I do very well with almost all animals--large and small, but what you are describing is indeed a special gift. I can relate to social awkwardness as a child too though I did have a limited amount of playmates as a preschooler. But placed in a classroom full of kids, I always felt a bit like the outsider; like I didn't quite belong there. I did eventually overcome that as a teenager.

peach174 , have you seen the newest mostly unanimated Disney movie "Cinderella"? It quickly became among my favorites--so much feels like being inside one of your favorite childhood fairy tales--it stayed mostly true to the story while adding a grown up story line. But Ella or as her stepsisters called her, Cinderella, had a gift with animals and your story of your interactions with them made me immediately think of that. I wonder if it is sort of the same thing?

Forum List

Back