USMB Coffee Shop IV

peach174 , have you seen the newest mostly unanimated Disney movie "Cinderella"? It quickly became among my favorites--so much feels like being inside one of your favorite childhood fairy tales--it stayed mostly true to the story while adding a grown up story line. But Ella or as her stepsisters called her, Cinderella, had a gift with animals and your story of your interactions with them made me immediately think of that. I wonder if it is sort of the same thing?

No not even close. :biggrin:

Just got back home from voting. I have done my civic duty. Don't forget to go vote today. Be a patriot. Vote for whoever you think is best to be the head of our country for the next 4 years. Then come back home and pour yourself a cup of coffee and be proud of yourself for doing the right thing!
Hate to tell you this but you were supposed to follow the arrows......... :eusa_whistle:

Polling-Station-Chandlers-Ford-feature.jpg

Last edited:
Been reading this thread about your positive beliefs, and it reassures me I am not just crazy or on my own.
I have been getting ground down on a skeptics forum with everyone telling me my beliefs are delusional.
The forum is run by atheist and there are a lot of clever people there that know a lot more than me about everything. I guess its stupid of me to try and argue with them.

If you're referring to me, that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all Monday! If not... f*** it, lets have a beer anyway!

:beer:

Yes, you are one of the people I have been reading.

Don't ever let anyone tell you that science and spirituality/religion cannot coexist. You are not crazy, but they are usually angry.

Just remember to be patient when attempting to share your spiritual breakthroughs with people, because not everyone is equally self-aware of the true Existence surrounding them.

I often catch flak from both the atheists and the Christians when I start sharing my belief that Science and Religion are saying the exact same things while people bicker and whine over the semantics dividing the two.

If God created the Universe, surely He created the Laws of Physics while he was at it, right? That kind of stuff. :)

Thanks, I am having a bit of a struggle at the moment. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 1969 and was on heavy drugs for several years. But I fought my way off the medication and had spiritual healing. This enabled me to study and work as an engineer. But a few years ago I realized I was self medicating with alcohol and destroying my brain. I agreed to go back on a new drug called abilify and it stabilised me. I have not had a drink now for three years, and three weeks ago I stopped the medication because I was tired of not feeling anything.
However all I have felt for the last week since the drug wore off is stress. I also have a nervous cough and breathing allergy's that the drug cures me of.
But I am not going back on the drug for the time being as I am hoping I will be able to re establish spiritual feelings that I used to have without medication. In any case it takes two weeks for the drugs to take effect so there is no point taking it for now. I am going to carry on without the drug to see what happens.

I used to feel spiritual presences sometimes and feelings of psychic comfort. I could also feel it when I was given spiritual healing. I could feel the atmosphere in old churches and stuff like that. But the drug stopped those feelings and I want them back. So I am trying to work through the stress and self doubt.

If I may be so bold as to offer up an alternative (I've suffered depression all my life and don't know why, but I do).

"Abilify is a unique pharmacological animal. Like other atypical antipsychotics, it binds to several different neurotransmitter receptors; this “signature” theoretically accounts for its therapeutic efficacy and side effect profile. But unlike others in its class, it doesn’t blockdopamine (specifically, dopamine D2) or serotonin (specifically, 5-HT1A) receptors. Rather, it’s a partial agonist at those receptors. It can activate those receptors, but not to the full biological effect. In lay terms, then, it can both enhance dopamine and serotonin signaling where those transmitters are deficient, and inhibit signaling where they’re in excess."
How Abilify Works, And Why It Matters

L-Phenylalanine - Dopamine
Acetyl-L-Carnitine - Noradrenaline and Serotonin
L-Theanine with Inositol (Vitamin B8) - Dopamine and GABA

These are the all-natural counterparts to the popular SSRI prescriptions, and I take them daily, because our hormone levels are just as important as our cholesterol levels. Our brains require these amino acids in order to properly produce vital hormones for our neurotransmitters.

Most people do not get these essential nutrients in their daily diet, just as most Americans are deficient in Magnesium (which is responsible for over 300 chemical reactions in your body, including synaptic functions, so it's vital to have this as well!). Fun fact: magnesium deficiencies cause people to have salty food cravings. ;)

I also supplement with highly concentrated DHA and EPA omega-3's, as the highest concentration of said fatty acids occurs in the space between the brain and the skull.

Finally, I take Ester-Creatine; not for working out, but for that vital ATP function that each and every one of our cells require.

Topped off with a multivitamin, and I've been feeling markedly better since I started this experiment back in August (these are all nootropics to help me with college).

I would say talk to your doctor about this first, but doctors don't tend to entertain the idea of simply giving your body what's missing in the first place. Just remember, that for every drug, there was a natural enzyme/chemical/plant that it was derived from.

And I believe every medicine also contains a form of poison for us; i.e. the benefits often outweigh the negative but there is almost always a negative. For that reason I try to do things as holistically as I can and for a woman my age I take very little medicine. The only prescriptions I take are omeprazole (Prilosec) for acid reflux and ferrous sulfate (iron supplement) to correct a low iron condition that has persisted since major surgery a little over a year ago. Both are available OTC of course, but as a prescription I only have a small co-pay to get them. Add a multi vitamin/mineral supplement and a little added magnesium--I get night foot cramps without it--I'm good to go.

I think you are smart to figure out and correct any imbalances in your own system naturally too. I am convinced our society is so over medicated that it can't possibly be really good for us.

peach174 , have you seen the newest mostly unanimated Disney movie "Cinderella"? It quickly became among my favorites--so much feels like being inside one of your favorite childhood fairy tales--it stayed mostly true to the story while adding a grown up story line. But Ella or as her stepsisters called her, Cinderella, had a gift with animals and your story of your interactions with them made me immediately think of that. I wonder if it is sort of the same thing?

No not even close. :biggrin:

Oh well darn. I so much want to be a believer in some of the things in the movies. :)

There have long been theories about parallels and the Omniverse, but only in modern times did science actually pave the way for this as scientific exploration as opposed to mere philosophical theorem.

The math in Quantum Theory and String Theory demand higher dimensions, rather than a deep thinker deciding it to be so.

That's true. But those of us who are not in a position to study the math in Quantum Theory and String Theory are left with mere logic, reason, imagination, and curiosity about possibilities to guide us. And be intrigued about what you are teaching us about it. :)

I hope Peach will forgive me for using her as an example, but she relates a special gift or power if you will that she has, and most either don't or have not developed, that allows her to communicate with and receive favorable response from creatures other than human. I believe her. Perhaps there are mathematical or other scientific explanations for it, but for myself, I accept on faith I guess that such things exist.

I'm sorry but that is what others has said about me with having a gift or power (witch).
I simply put it down to being the only child in a sea of adults and no other children to play with.
I observerd the way all of those farm animals were comunicating with each other through body and eye movements.
In other words I learned how to comunicate with them with a low soothing voice, each different species body language and eye contact.

They were my only playmates from two and half until I was almost 6 years old.
You are probably more in touch with natural processes than most. So many people look at animals, and plants, and see amusing critters. All things considered, people are basically animals and most often follow instinctive, inborn, and socially dictated actions when responding to others. I do not consider my ability to respond and understand other creatures as anything special, though. I do have a distinct affinity to animals. As a farmer, I am much better at animal husbandry than plant propagation.

Yes maybe, but it sure cripled me socially as a child for a while.
I left my grandparents farm and was put into a school class of 29 other kids, within a week. It was a shock and I was lost as to how to interact with them for awhile. :)

But what you described is something I have observed in others. I do very well with almost all animals--large and small, but what you are describing is indeed a special gift. I can relate to social awkwardness as a child too though I did have a limited amount of playmates as a preschooler. But placed in a classroom full of kids, I always felt a bit like the outsider; like I didn't quite belong there. I did eventually overcome that as a teenager.

Most who see it in action say they can't believe what they just witnessed.
It needs to be seen to be explained better. People who see it say "I saw that but what just happened."
I can't explain other than when I connect with them, I feel like my aura reaches out between me and the animals aura and we commucate.
Thus as most unual things in this world are labeled with women who don't fit in with their different talents and are called Witches.

If you're referring to me, that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all Monday! If not... f*** it, lets have a beer anyway!

:beer:

Yes, you are one of the people I have been reading.

Don't ever let anyone tell you that science and spirituality/religion cannot coexist. You are not crazy, but they are usually angry.

Just remember to be patient when attempting to share your spiritual breakthroughs with people, because not everyone is equally self-aware of the true Existence surrounding them.

I often catch flak from both the atheists and the Christians when I start sharing my belief that Science and Religion are saying the exact same things while people bicker and whine over the semantics dividing the two.

If God created the Universe, surely He created the Laws of Physics while he was at it, right? That kind of stuff. :)

Thanks, I am having a bit of a struggle at the moment. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 1969 and was on heavy drugs for several years. But I fought my way off the medication and had spiritual healing. This enabled me to study and work as an engineer. But a few years ago I realized I was self medicating with alcohol and destroying my brain. I agreed to go back on a new drug called abilify and it stabilised me. I have not had a drink now for three years, and three weeks ago I stopped the medication because I was tired of not feeling anything.
However all I have felt for the last week since the drug wore off is stress. I also have a nervous cough and breathing allergy's that the drug cures me of.
But I am not going back on the drug for the time being as I am hoping I will be able to re establish spiritual feelings that I used to have without medication. In any case it takes two weeks for the drugs to take effect so there is no point taking it for now. I am going to carry on without the drug to see what happens.

I used to feel spiritual presences sometimes and feelings of psychic comfort. I could also feel it when I was given spiritual healing. I could feel the atmosphere in old churches and stuff like that. But the drug stopped those feelings and I want them back. So I am trying to work through the stress and self doubt.

If I may be so bold as to offer up an alternative (I've suffered depression all my life and don't know why, but I do).

"Abilify is a unique pharmacological animal. Like other atypical antipsychotics, it binds to several different neurotransmitter receptors; this “signature” theoretically accounts for its therapeutic efficacy and side effect profile. But unlike others in its class, it doesn’t blockdopamine (specifically, dopamine D2) or serotonin (specifically, 5-HT1A) receptors. Rather, it’s a partial agonist at those receptors. It can activate those receptors, but not to the full biological effect. In lay terms, then, it can both enhance dopamine and serotonin signaling where those transmitters are deficient, and inhibit signaling where they’re in excess."
How Abilify Works, And Why It Matters

L-Phenylalanine - Dopamine
Acetyl-L-Carnitine - Noradrenaline and Serotonin
L-Theanine with Inositol (Vitamin B8) - Dopamine and GABA

These are the all-natural counterparts to the popular SSRI prescriptions, and I take them daily, because our hormone levels are just as important as our cholesterol levels. Our brains require these amino acids in order to properly produce vital hormones for our neurotransmitters.

Most people do not get these essential nutrients in their daily diet, just as most Americans are deficient in Magnesium (which is responsible for over 300 chemical reactions in your body, including synaptic functions, so it's vital to have this as well!). Fun fact: magnesium deficiencies cause people to have salty food cravings. ;)

I also supplement with highly concentrated DHA and EPA omega-3's, as the highest concentration of said fatty acids occurs in the space between the brain and the skull.

Finally, I take Ester-Creatine; not for working out, but for that vital ATP function that each and every one of our cells require.

Topped off with a multivitamin, and I've been feeling markedly better since I started this experiment back in August (these are all nootropics to help me with college).

I would say talk to your doctor about this first, but doctors don't tend to entertain the idea of simply giving your body what's missing in the first place. Just remember, that for every drug, there was a natural enzyme/chemical/plant that it was derived from.

And I believe every medicine also contains a form of poison for us; i.e. the benefits often outweigh the negative but there is almost always a negative. For that reason I try to do things as holistically as I can and for a woman my age I take very little medicine. The only prescriptions I take are omeprazole (Prilosec) for acid reflux and ferrous sulfate (iron supplement) to correct a low iron condition that has persisted since major surgery a little over a year ago. Both are available OTC of course, but as a prescription I only have a small co-pay to get them. Add a multi vitamin/mineral supplement and a little added magnesium--I get night foot cramps without it--I'm good to go.

I think you are smart to figure out and correct any imbalances in your own system naturally too. I am convinced our society is so over medicated that it can't possibly be really good for us.

Yep, though it is a mere summary, it took many hours of researching and weighing pro/cons, understanding which supplements might conflict with others, what dosage I should personally be taking, based on my weight and metabolism, and most importantly, the quality of the product I'm ingesting.

I don't want anyone to think I'm just throwing out suggestions just to be the one talking. The American public has a very real deficiency in most of the completely natural vitamins and nutrients I now take. My overall health is about the same as it was a couple months ago when I started taking these, but my brain activity has taken leaps and bounds getting back to the levels it once operated on.

My husband and I have been taking Pevagen and it has improved our memories.
Hubby has MS and it is destroying his short term memory, but since taking the extra strength, he is remembering certain words again that he was forgetting,rembering to take his pills without me reminding him and his Dr. appointments.

That's true. But those of us who are not in a position to study the math in Quantum Theory and String Theory are left with mere logic, reason, imagination, and curiosity about possibilities to guide us. And be intrigued about what you are teaching us about it. :)

I hope Peach will forgive me for using her as an example, but she relates a special gift or power if you will that she has, and most either don't or have not developed, that allows her to communicate with and receive favorable response from creatures other than human. I believe her. Perhaps there are mathematical or other scientific explanations for it, but for myself, I accept on faith I guess that such things exist.

I'm sorry but that is what others has said about me with having a gift or power (witch).
I simply put it down to being the only child in a sea of adults and no other children to play with.
I observerd the way all of those farm animals were comunicating with each other through body and eye movements.
In other words I learned how to comunicate with them with a low soothing voice, each different species body language and eye contact.

They were my only playmates from two and half until I was almost 6 years old.
You are probably more in touch with natural processes than most. So many people look at animals, and plants, and see amusing critters. All things considered, people are basically animals and most often follow instinctive, inborn, and socially dictated actions when responding to others. I do not consider my ability to respond and understand other creatures as anything special, though. I do have a distinct affinity to animals. As a farmer, I am much better at animal husbandry than plant propagation.

Yes maybe, but it sure cripled me socially as a child for a while.
I left my grandparents farm and was put into a school class of 29 other kids, within a week. It was a shock and I was lost as to how to interact with them for awhile. :)

But what you described is something I have observed in others. I do very well with almost all animals--large and small, but what you are describing is indeed a special gift. I can relate to social awkwardness as a child too though I did have a limited amount of playmates as a preschooler. But placed in a classroom full of kids, I always felt a bit like the outsider; like I didn't quite belong there. I did eventually overcome that as a teenager.

Most who see it in action say they can't believe what they just witnessed.
It needs to be seen to be explained better. People who see it say "I saw that but what just happened."
I can't explain other than when I connect with them, I feel like my aura reaches out between me and the animals aura and we commucate.
Thus as most unual things in this world are labeled with women who don't fit in with their different talents and are called Witches.

I prefer a different term than 'witches' for such phenomena. I don't see a lot of witchy qualities in you. :)

Hubby has MS and it is destroying his short term memory, but since taking the extra strength, he is remembering certain words again that he was forgetting,rembering to take his pills without me reminding him and his Dr. appointments.

Whatever works. Is it prescribed for you or do you get it OTC?

Then there was the aging US Marshall. I was actually toting twin Colt 1873 revolvers in the gun belt you can see. I'll try to find a shot that included one or both.View attachment 96023

Hey Ernie!
I found the photo from 4 years ago at another VFW Halloween party.
Hubby went as US Marshall Dracula. :biggrin:
I was a sexy pirate.
This is the same wig I wore at this last party along with my 4 inch stilettos that make me 5'6".

IMG_20161105_0001_NEW halloween 2012.jpg

OTC. It's made from jellyfish.

Yes, I know what it is. Was just curious whether the medical profession was prescribing it. Doctors often don't really seem to have a lot of knowledge about nutrition. Our friend Dana on the vigil list is an M.D. and she says they get almost nothing about good nutrition in medical school.

Yes, I know what it is. Was just curious whether the medical profession was prescribing it. Doctors often don't really seem to have a lot of knowledge about nutrition. Our friend Dana on the vigil list is an M.D. and she says they get almost nothing about good nutrition in medical school.
Medical schools are getting better at nutrition but most still only teach how to spell the word.......

Our General MD does. He gave us blood toxin tests and we are both on charchol tabs as well as vitiams that each of has that were low on.

Our General MD does. He gave us blood toxin tests and we are both on charchol tabs as well as vitiams that each of has that were low on.

Oh my doctor does that too and I suppose that's better than nothing. That's why I'm taking ferrous sulfate for a mild iron deficiency--I'm not anemic because I cured that myself--but I don't want to have to eat a diet high enough in iron to get the low iron stored levels up to normal. But I wish instead of prescribing pills, doctors could tell us much better how to live, how to cure things with nutrition. I would like to see a healthier population instead of one in which so many chronic conditions are getting worse and so many are so medicated all that stuff has to be working against itself..

This is Nosmo King reporting from Findlay, Ohio. Findlay is in the northwest corner of my home state. I live in the extreme eastern part of Ohio. I might as well be on Mars. The terrain here is flat as a billiard table. Contrast that to my familiar topography that looks like an unmade bed. They have a 'river' here that any schoolboy could leap across. We have the beautiful Ohio.

I'm in a very pleasant hotel while Daisy the Mutt got co-opted by Mom so she is in the lap of luxury and getting all the attention.

There is, honest to God, a John Deere tractor dealership across the street from this hotel. I know I'm in big agriculture country, but seeing a dealership that rivals the Chevy and Ford dealerships I'm more familiar with is a curious sight to see.

Bright and early tomorrow many things will be revealed. Who will be our next President is just one among them. I'm here to learn the new housing inspection protocols HUD in Washington will impose. I fear they will be vastly more strict than the current protocols. That means I'll likely lose 20% of the landlords now offering Section 8 units.

That's bad for both landlords and tenants. It will be harder for tenants to find rental housing and too many landlords won't have qualifying properties to offer and be assured of a monthly rent check to help offset their maintenance costs and mortgages.

Let's see what Washington has to say...

Forum List

Back