USMB Coffee Shop IV

You guys talking about general MDs this morning. My friend Mike is a general MD but he had to get a second job to make ends meet. He says that there just aren't many sick generals these days.

Well good morning everybody. If anybody else stayed up until all the election returns were in last night, you probably feel like I do today, but I sure slept in this morning. Beautiful day in Albuquerque. The sun is shining and some sort of birds are twittering outside my office window. No serious plans for today but going out to dinner with friend Dana, Aunt Betty, and a shirttail cousin. Probably need to do some routine housework but I'll give that some serious thought first.

Well good morning everybody. If anybody else stayed up until all the election returns were in last night, you probably feel like I do today, but I sure slept in this morning. Beautiful day in Albuquerque. The sun is shining and some sort of birds are twittering outside my office window. No serious plans for today but going out to dinner with friend Dana, Aunt Betty, and a shirttail cousin. Probably need to do some routine housework but I'll give that some serious thought first.

I planned ahead and scheduled the day off work a month ago. We've just been hanging out today and looking forward to going out for Greek food tonight.:thup:

Well I did manage to pull the trash/recycle bins in from Tuesday morning's pick up......... :eusa_whistle:

I planned ahead and scheduled the day off work a month ago. We've just been hanging out today and looking forward to going out for Greek food tonight.:thup:

The person who chose the restaurant for tonight chose Furrs Fresh Buffet - one of those places you pay when you go in, serve yourself, and eat your way out. Not sure if they have anything in their cuisine that qualifies as Greek food though. But we'll see. I am kind of curious--Hombre and I sometimes go there when we're in the neighborhood anyway, but two of our party generally prefer more upscale, even fine dining, establishments. Not sure what they'll think of Furrs. :) But they picked it, not us, so we'll see.

The person who chose the restaurant for tonight chose Furrs Fresh Buffet - one of those places you pay when you go in, serve yourself, and eat your way out. Not sure if they have anything in their cuisine that qualifies as Greek food though. But we'll see. I am kind of curious--Hombre and I sometimes go there when we're in the neighborhood anyway, but two of our party generally prefer more upscale, even fine dining, establishments. Not sure what they'll think of Furrs. :) But they picked it, not us, so we'll see.

I am so glad WQ is not a fan of buffets...I never felt that I got my money's worth. Although I have been to some with kick ass salad bars.

I am so glad WQ is not a fan of buffets...I never felt that I got my money's worth. Although I have been to some with kick ass salad bars.

Furrs is inexpensive enough that we generally get our money's worth. Hombre more so than me, but hey. I don't have to plan it or cook it and some of the food is quite acceptable--we know what is and what to pass up there.

I love to cook. And sometimes it's really nice to know there will be a good meal and I didn't have to make it happen.

I'm usually a night person, but I didn't bother to stay up that late. I just looked at the results when I got up this morning to get the little one ready for school. :)

Her last soccer game of the season is this Saturday. There's going to be a party afterwards at the home of one of the girls. I don't know yet if she'll be doing another season after this; I mostly hope she does, because it's both good exercise and a good chance for her to socialize outside of school. My employer does hate the driving involved, though, especially since she has to rush home after work.

Oh, there was an election. I thought that was an awfully long popularity contest.

My daughter has described her concept of eternity as a sparrow flying back and forth between the Earth and moon, at normal sparrow flying speed of course. And the time it takes for the sparrow's wing, as it makes its turn, brushing the surface of the moon, to reduce the moon to dust would be how long eternity is. . . .at least that was her concept of eternity before the 2016 Presidential election campaign. :)

Oh, there was an election. I thought that was an awfully long popularity contest.

My daughter has described her concept of eternity as a sparrow flying back and forth between the Earth and moon, at normal sparrow flying speed of course. And the time it takes for the sparrow's wing, as it makes its turn, brushing the surface of the moon, to reduce the moon to dust would be how long eternity is. . . .at least that was her concept of eternity before the 2016 Presidential election campaign. :)
The wife went to bed last night fretting over the election, this morning when she finally got up I told her;
Looks like Hillary came from behind. She looked at me in horror till I said; And she still lost.........
I know, I'm a stinker....... :D

The wife went to bed last night fretting over the election, this morning when she finally got up I told her;
Looks like Hillary came from behind. She looked at me in horror till I said; And she still lost.........

Okay, I can relate, but let's keep the party/personality preferences and/or ideologies out of it in the Coffee Shop, even referencing others okay? As much as I love you, and I do in a platonic sort of way, if I let you get away with it, however inoccuously, then others are legitimately miffed if I jump on them. :)

Okay, I can relate, but let's keep the party/personality preferences and/or ideologies out of it in the Coffee Shop, even referencing others okay? As much as I love you, and I do in a platonic sort of way, if I let you get away with it, however inoccuously, then others are legitimately miffed if I jump on them. :)
Interesting, I wasn't making it political, no one side is better than the other, just a joke I played on the wife otherwise I wouldn't have posted it in the CS. :dunno:

Interesting, I wasn't making it political, no one side is better than the other, just a joke I played on the wife otherwise I wouldn't have posted it in the CS. :dunno:

I know. I got it. And I laughed. And believe me I am not criticizing you in any way. But I also know how little it takes sometimes for some to get their nose out of joint if there is the slightest political inference even in a joke. Just being extra cautious here I think.

Naw. A few lashes with the wet noodle will do nicely I think. :) And lord no, no more voting for awhile. I still haven't recovered from yesterday's returns yet.

Last year at this time I was comfortable with night temps in the upper 50s....... Right now I'm wearing sweats and a moleskin shirt over my t-shirt. Well the over shirt has come off cause the wife has been going through book boxes over the last week, I'm the pack mule........

Last year at this time I was comfortable with night temps in the upper 50s....... Right now I'm wearing sweats and a moleskin shirt over my t-shirt. Well the over shirt has come off cause the wife has been going through book boxes over the last week, I'm the pack mule........

I noticed that the three of us who weren't layed and pretty well bundled up were shivering in the restaurant tonight. We definitely are not yet adjusted to the more normal fall temperatures we've been having.

Edit: I just checked in to post the vigil list and saw this post and what autocorrect did to it. Let's make that layered up there instead of layed. :oops-28:

Last edited:
14963381_1300730640044681_1119813277865649842_n.jpg

Forum List

Back