USMB Coffee Shop IV

We have 32 Celsius degrees here today (which means 90 Fahrenheit degrees) :)

esthermoon so happy you are back. But sorry about your mosquitos. Does Vietnam have a winter? Or it's warm there year round?
Hi Foxfyre :bye1:
Here we don't have a "real" winter here in the South. In the North they have four seasons with cold and even snow :ack-1:
Sometimes Ho Chi Minh City is cold but is rare! :)
I'm happy I don't live in the North. I would have frozen years ago :biggrin:

yeoow go swimming!
It should be wonderful! But I can't swim! :)

No, this cant be true! you must learn how. everyone should learn, its an incredible experience
No it's true I can't swim :)
I'm afraid of the ocean. I go to the beach sometimes but I spend my time "tanning":biggrin:
I used inverted commas because my skin is and remains pale! Even if I spent 15 hours at the beach :laugh:

Well of course would be living in Vietnam :)
Its about the same as Florida it's tropical. :)
How have you been?
Hi Peach How you doing? :bye1:
I'm ok! But the weather here is killing me! Insects and mosquitos everywhere :D

Yuk!
I hate bugs.
I live in the desert not many mosquitos here, we have tarantulas.
Tarantulas!! :scared1:

Good morning!

db7a7393936bc6694e560dc308eb81ca.jpg

How have you been?

Yuk!
I hate bugs.

They aren't as bad as you might think. They are huge among spiders and are mildly poisonous but not deadly. And they won't bite unless provoked. If you are gentle you can safely hold them in your hand. (So I've been told. I haven't actually done that and probably won't.) A lot of people keep them as pets.

How have you been?

Yuk!
I hate bugs.

They aren't as bad as you might think. They are huge among spiders and are mildly poisonous but not deadly. And they won't bite unless provoked. If you are gentle you can safely hold them in your hand. (So I've been told. I haven't actually done that and probably won't.) A lot of people keep them as pets.

I had a friend who had one as a pet. *shudder* I'll pass!

yeoow go swimming!
It should be wonderful! But I can't swim! :)

No, this cant be true! you must learn how. everyone should learn, its an incredible experience
No it's true I can't swim :)
I'm afraid of the ocean. I go to the beach sometimes but I spend my time "tanning":biggrin:
I used inverted commas because my skin is and remains pale! Even if I spent 15 hours at the beach :laugh:

If I spent one hour or so at the beach without a very good sunscreen, I would be red as a lobster. I don't tan easily either but I do sunburn easily.

I used to teach swim classes now and then and specialized in working with those truly terrified of the water. I only had one failure and that was one of my very best friends. She was the most aquaphobic person I have ever known. She so badly wanted to conquer her fear, but just could not. After about a year of trying we both agreed to give up.

But she was the rare exception. If you ever have the need to know how to swim or ever decide that you just want to, I'm sure you would master that ability in a short time.

How have you been?

Yuk!
I hate bugs.

Tarantulas kept as pets! Wow! :D
I can't do that even if somebody gave me 1000 tons of gold ;)
I don't have anything against those animals but I have some kind of arachnophobia...:eek:

How have you been?

Yuk!
I hate bugs.

I have one that lives in my front yard. He keeps the bugs down around the front porch.
He's black and white, a very unusal color from the rest who are tan and dark brown.

Tarantula Facts

esthermoon so happy you are back. But sorry about your mosquitos. Does Vietnam have a winter? Or it's warm there year round?
Here we don't have a "real" winter here in the South. In the North they have four seasons with cold and even snow :ack-1:

We all enjoy living where it suits us. I like having all four seasons but do enjoy our generally milder winters here in Albuquerque--north central Kansas where we moved from had brutal winters. Our summers usually don't have extreme heat either as they do in southern Arizona just next door. Spring and fall are very pleasant.

But GallantWarrior who lives in Alaska seems to thrive in and prefer his colder climate, and our Florida Coffee Shop people don't seem to mind no real winter just like you describe your area.

It's good that we don't all want to live in the same place though. It would get really crowded. :)

How have you been?

Yuk!
I hate bugs.

Tarantulas kept as pets! Wow! :D
I can't do that even if somebody gave me 1000 tons of gold ;)
I don't have anything against those animals but I have some kind of arachnophobia...:eek:

You might surprise yourself what you can do if you have to. I wouldn't want a tarantula as a pet either though.

We all enjoy living where it suits us. I like having all four seasons but do enjoy our generally milder winters here in Albuquerque--north central Kansas where we moved from had brutal winters. Our summers usually don't have extreme heat either as they do in southern Arizona just next door. Spring and fall are very pleasant.

But GallantWarrior who lives in Alaska seems to thrive in and prefer his colder climate, and our Florida Coffee Shop people don't seem to mind no real winter just like you describe your area.

It's good that we don't all want to live in the same place though. It would get really crowded. :)
I fully agree with you Foxfyre.
Different opinions and lifestyles make this world more interesting (or at least less annoying) :)

Yuk!
I hate bugs.

I have one that lives in my front yard. He keeps the bugs down around the front porch.
He's black and white, a very unusal color from the rest who are tan and dark brown.

Tarantula Facts

We don't kill or remove every daddy longleg spider we see in the house either for the same reason. They don't make huge webs and they are harmless to humans, but if they are around, we don't have to worry about getting any bad spiders in the house. So I can appreciate you having a 'guard' tarantula on your place. I wouldn't bother him/her either. For the same reason when we lived out on the mountain, we cautioned our house guests not to kill the couple of king snakes that lived somewhere close to the house. They are harmless to humans but deadly to any rattlesnake that happened to venture onto the property.

The highway from I-40 to Santa Fe that goes along the east side of our mountain--our road to town when we lived out there--is two lane traveling through really rugged country. I often drove it when we were still working as I worked in Santa Fe quite a bit.

One day I was headed to Santa Fe when I pulled over to watch a tarantula migration that happens now and then. Thousands of tarantulas all moving together across the highway. An amazing thing to see. And I was a bit amused to see how many people in vehicles will swerve to avoid hitting a spider. :)

OK I haven't stopped by for coffee in 3 weeks. I've been occupied elsewhere and seem to just stop by USMB to see who's losing touch with reality. I'm 798 messages behind and probably will never catch up, I hope I will get the gist of what's been happening in here lately on the last couple of pages.

Yuk!
I hate bugs.

Tarantula Facts

We don't kill or remove every daddy longleg spider we see in the house either for the same reason. They don't make huge webs and they are harmless to humans, but if they are around, we don't have to worry about getting any bad spiders in the house. So I can appreciate you having a 'guard' tarantula on your place. I wouldn't bother him/her either. For the same reason when we lived out on the mountain, we cautioned our house guests not to kill the couple of king snakes that lived somewhere close to the house. They are harmless to humans but deadly to any rattlesnake that happened to venture onto the property.

The highway from I-40 to Santa Fe that goes along the east side of our mountain--our road to town when we lived out there--is two lane traveling through really rugged country. I often drove it when we were still working as I worked in Santa Fe quite a bit.

One day I was headed to Santa Fe when I pulled over to watch a tarantula migration that happens now and then. Thousands of tarantulas all moving together across the highway. An amazing thing to see. And I was a bit amused to see how many people in vehicles will swerve to avoid hitting a spider. :)
Never saw that though I've driven those mountain roads numerous times on a motorcycle. I've seen mule deer, javalina, bear and scillions of snakes and little lizards, but never tarantulas.

Forum List

Back